Gi Group

Gi Group Employee Reviews

Check the contract as they do not pay overtime rate after 40 hours so extra hours are at basic rate aka time half or double. There is no follow up on how your doing on site.
Pros
Varied work
Cons
No extra pay over 40 hours aka time and half or double time
Getting in contact with them is impossible, it’s all a load of lies and false promises, everything is done to draw you in, the day you start you will start with a handful of others and within 2 weeks you will see more people come and go than at a cheap house in Amsterdam.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
another agency.get jobs on hand on peak periods term time holidaysseasonal easy to get full time contract if really work for it, and make a friend workplace cult can depend on you really hardest part of the job is introduction yourself if the company didn't even request you. colleagues you get
Pros
pay offer
Cons
temp
everything OKpeople and trust very good understanding and the shape of the perfect team
I have worked for Gi group for several months know and i have to say they are fantastic found me work straight away and was very well informed throughout the process. My local branch is Hartlepool and everyone who works there really look after you, can't thank them enough.
Pros
Great to work for
Cons
where to start was told id be supplied a locker, then have to leave bag with security thats fine but first day had lunch dropped on floor by security then second day phone was smashed. 3rd day weny to ask for a locker was told togo home for this reason, when I explained that at lunch by the time ive managed to get my bag from security there was only 14mins left for lunch? Not very professional all I wanted was somewhere to put my coat....
Pros
non
Cons
too many to list
I worked at a hospital domestic. I worked 50 hours plus. Cos you Agency the employer treats you terrible . Then the employer contacts GI Group and they don’t even care how you have been treated. Never go with Agency.A lot of staff said it’s terrible how I’ve been treated.
Cons
At my assessment interview in Basingstoke at the beginning i started with a welcoming start in reception area and my whole experience was excellent the Assessor was engaged and supporting.Showing good knowledge skills and the communication was so clear and easy to understand.I left the assessment interview feeling good about myself and looking forward to work for such a wonderful organisation through the support of the CI agency company.I really appreciate your support and help thank you.
Pros
Opportunity to work for a big organisation
Cons
Great company to work forEfficient friendly and helpful - always available.Great pay rates and career advancement opportunities.Highly recommended!
Pros
Good work/life balance, paid breaks/weekly pay/free food and drink
Go to the office fill everything out to get no where what a waste of time the girls in the office complain about people that phone up and then discuss there problems office staff & shocking agency. AVOID
Pros
Cons
everything
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gi Group?
Kept me at the same site for whole of employment, good communication, good advance notice of work schedule. Pleasant team.i work one week morning shift and next week afternoonshift .plus overtime work of my choice . still working there and job ongoing .and is easy .learned new skills ,very good company .i recommend GI GROUP for freind and family in Nottingham .
Pros
Free Vending mashine for Tea < Coffe <Hot choc ....etc during my work
Cons
overtime shift pay double on sat and tripple on sun .
You get nothing for nothing. Best you can hope for is being laid off by tx message and then totally ignored until there absolute desperate and offer you a couple of hours here and there. Never ever take their word of continuously employment.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Underpaid serverly over worked
Customer service at Gi Group is the bestAlways got part time work to offer based on your locationGood rates of payWill always always work around your schedulebest Agency in Town by far
Pros
Good rates of pay
You get thrown around the whole factory where ever they need staff if youre not working with one specific team. No proper training to help you with that neither and no guaranteed hours (unless in a team)
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons
Only 12hr shifts
If you are looking for new job it is better to remain jobless instead of going ti work with Gi Group.The have induction every day about 50-70 Workers and sendind home same amount. To my experiency the send workers back after they enroll you when they get all docoments copied.i thing they just need you to get your details and send you back. May be they are getting 80% persent from the government so be carefull. Stay away from Gi Groups. They locate in Burton and they have patners with boots. From Birmingham it is 27 Miles 44. Km And Hour DrivingThey have only two microwaves and some workers before you can cook and put their food about 10. minutes It is not good place at All
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Long Hours 12. Hours and two 30 Min Brakes
When you first apply for a job here you get the work but as time goes on the new people who register with GI get all the work and the employees that's been working for them a long while don't get a lot of work. No loyalty from management, not enough work, they have their favourites. Only NMW no extra for overtime, weekends or Bank Holidays
Pros
Cons
Take the money for breaks off your wages. Long hours sometimes. Not enough regular work
They send you such dangerous workplaces where only unprofessional management exist, no hygiene, no training, no safety and even if you dare to complain you called stupid....also they don't pay well, they cut your wages off when you leave
Pros
Cons
Everything bad what you can imagine
Various jobs, so you don't have to worry about the monotony, friendly and helpful staff with the main focus in finding a job for people.The downside of the coin is that if you want to find a job through them, you will have to call them several times and go to their office.
First of all you're on papers as an normal warehouse worker even if you're qualified, some managers can't speak the English language and if you succeed and do your target been 6 phone screens/hour they will find something to tell you off. It was my worst job experience ever
Pros
Nothing you pay for everything
I thought it was just going to be another filler job, but turned out to be an interesting and challenging job with great prospects for self-improvement and travel. Company valued our hard work, and we were rewarded accordingly.
Pros
Advancement and learning
Cons
Long days on occasion
Worked there the summer before uni so I could save up, told them this from the start and they were completely fine about it and understood that I’d only be around for 3-4 months. Friendly staff and decent wages.
  1. Employee reviews