Gi Group

Gi Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom438 reviews

Found 438 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,193 reviews

Easy money

Slow paced work but good breaks, easy work but can get extremely boring and the people aren’t a pleasure to work with, only filling this do I can see all the reviews

False promises from a disorganised company.

So, getting into work with the GI group is simple and quick. The team at GI (Mansfield) are friendly, however they're disorganised enough to have lost my birth certificate that I provided for ID and must have little to no communication between them and the places they recruit for.They also push the idea that once you've completed 12 weeks of work for the place they've recruited you for, that you'll receive offer of a contract. This is simply not true and left me feeling like I had zero job security.As well as this I was receiving my shift pattern every Thursday or Friday, giving me little to no opportunity to plan around work. And they're not scared of dishing out late shifts followed by early mornings, just in case you fancied spending the entire shift knackered.Long story short, quick easy work if you're looking for something temp. If you're looking for permanent work then 100% avoid this place.

Pros

Quick temp work.

Cons

Disorganised, got my shifts at last notice.

Friendly and helpful office staff,

WS a decent agency to work for, was kept in work All through the time I was on the books, employment only stopped due to health problems regarding covid jab so had to leave my position of work, was always contacted if there was issues either with submitting hours or pay issues which isn't always guaranteed with a lot of other agencies providing staff to similar jobs Ike the ones I had. Would happily return to work for them once again when possible to do so.

Great colleagues but pay is lacking

Great place to work, lovely colleagues and management is very friendly. Only thing i would say is that the pay is not great, not much development available either.

Good job

Job was good fast paced so the shifts went quick. Staff were nice to get on with. Only filling this in to view all the reviews that other lovely employees have left

Do not work for this agency!

The communication with this agency is the worst I have ever encountered, You won't no your days until last minute, They tend to ignore your texts also.

Pros

Cons

Poor communication which is one of the most important things.

Avoid at all costs.

The amount of times I've been under/over paid and this had lead them to cancel my pay and left me short for bills etc. The communication is bad, you'll either show up to work and you're not needed, or show up and get questioned why you weren't in. Liked the place I was working but the constant stress of not knowing when your next shift was or if you were going to get paid made it a nightmare.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

No communication. Poor leadership. Some weeks with no shifts

Relaxed workplace

I worked as an Administrator through Gi Group.The actual job was really easy, I loved it but unfortunately it ended after 6 months. I wasn’t offered anything else so I guess pretty much that’s it. If they have any jobs in he future I would be happy to work through them again.

Pros

Weekly pay

It wasn't a bad job

It wasn't a bad job and a lot of people were nice and fun.Music in the warehouse wasn't the best, but then when you work you won't really listen to it. Nice colleagues.

Pros

Most staff

Cons

Standing up for too long, music in the warehouse

Rude unorganised management

Most people who work in GI are nice, there is one or two people in particular however that are extremely rude unnapropiatley so Infact.I have thought of complaining several times .Also you will want to ask them to write down anything they agree too or in the future they will claim the have no records.The work its self is alright if you don't mind repetition and not using your brains often You are never required to solve a problem or change your approach unless your an engineer.They pay is good which is the only reason I would recommend getting this job. With overtime available no its possible to earn 600 in a week without too much bother.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Repetitive work, long shifts and 'some' rude office staff

Productive workplace

Good company to gain experience at, the hours are normal 8-5 with an un paid break Plenty of support at all times whenever you’re stuck with what you’re doing

Pros

Helpful managment

Cons

Fantastic place to work with excellent career progression

Brilliant place to work with a family feel to the working environment. I would recommend my friends to work here, as long as you are dedicated and hardworking you will successful.

Pros

The team you work with

Cons

Long hours, challenging

Enjoyed my time here. Worked hard, was rewarded for it. Managed well. Supported well.All round happy place to work. Friendly staff. Kind management.

Poorly organised and poor communication

I was repeatedly left working alone on site despite this not being in my contract and my feeling unsafe doing so. Communication with GI and the client company wasn't great. Staff kept bailing on shifts on short notice leaving me alone for up to twelve hours consequtively with little to no opportunity to even pop to the bathroom. The pay was good but wasn't worth it for the hassle and stress

Rubbish

Been working through Gi group for 9 moths at a call center. Pay was quite good , management not the best. On my last payslip from Gi they didnt pay me 8 pounds , which i queries with someone called Mo, he promised will be given a baca payment or cheque, its been a year now no cheques has come through yet. Spoke to other colleagues and found out everyone was short of 8 pounds which never got paid to us. Now , been 3 months since i am contacting Gi Leicester for them to send me an empoloyment letter stating date i started and stopped, since now NOTHING, been calling them again and again all they say is we will call you tomorrow. If you need something from Gi dont even bother asking them.

Challenging but rewarding

I never seem to have much problems getting in touch with GI they email my back quickly most of the time.Pay me on time and correctly.

Pros

Clean n safe

Cons

People moan at the job.

Good workplace

Really enjoying working for GI Group always full time work great staff to speak to at all timesThe shifts should be offered either 6-2 or 2-10 not alternate shifts as this isn’t good for sleep patterns

Piece work

Piece work I am not enjoye .But Kichan 🥘work good and enjoying .Food Packing is good.Working time is good and I am happy 😊 I am only 6 days working

Pros

No free lunches

Very busy work

Not a bad agency to work for the money quite good the work is on going as I have worked for gi group for 6 years at the same company done quite a few jobs since started for them.

Pros

On going work

Cons

Depends on what team leader you have

Good environment

I enjoy my experience working for Gi group as a cleaner. I cleaned offices and found the environment good which was medium paced and allowed a good amount of time to get things done.

Pros

Different jobs and shifts available

Gi group bmw

Fantastic pay, some good people work there, just don't get covid-19 you will be sacked and if you get your job back you won't it will only be 2 days a week a final written warning for 52 weeks and treated like s**t by all the bosses. You will have to be able to drive to get there, the money is great if you make it past 2 years, you start in the pool between 2 and 4 days a week then headcount 5 days a week till your sick back in the pool

Pros

The money

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gi Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gi Group with

• Gi Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?