Gi Group

Gi Group Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Learning different Cakes products on finished lines. Sorting cakes in different bakery. Putting finish Cakes in boxes and Trays, labelling and sending on to pallents
Worked with 24/7 Agency they were great also worked for Right4Staff, they were ok but then had the displeasure of working for G.I. Group for approximately 10 years, unfortunately they LIE about everything, full of false promises, they tell you to come in to work and then send you home without any pay, If they mess up and statements have to be made, they will tell lies simply to reverse the blame and inconvenience of which they caused you in the first place. This company and the way it treats people is disgusting, they also promise new workers a 4 on 4 off shift system which simply doesn’t exist yet again giving people false hopes. This Agency also says there are no shifts available but take new starters on more or less every week giving people just one shift per week, who can live off one shift per week? Personal experience working for G.I. Group overall is they don’t care about the workers and they lie. I shall be avoiding them in future.
Cons
Avoid like covid19 if u think universal credits are bad try working for GI group Scarborough unless u are Romanian and u now Andrea in the office best job I had throw them was at McCain's but even when u get request to go a shift they still mess u around and canceled u
Cons
So, to begin with, i turned up for an induction and me and my friends names were not on the list. The awfully rude security guard told us to “clear off”. The matter was resolved and then induction was dragged out for 8 tedious hours, sat in a classroom and doing food safety & health and safety quiz’s. We got given the answers. Not in those 8 hours did we get given ANY training whatsoever. The next day we were called in for our first day. As soon as we got kitted up, we got slung straight onto production line. NO ONE speaks English so when i asked what was the task, the workers looked up and down at me and ignored me. When put on other stations line managers would shout and mimick you if you did or said anything wrong, not even knowing it was your first day and you had NO TRAINING. Also, when they speak to you, its in their own foreign language, they just assume you’re not british! My break was at 7:45 for 50 minutes ( 1h45 into starting????????) and no one had told me it was 50 minutes long, so i went back to the factory from the canteen after 15 minutes and assumed we had a break at lunch. Once getting back kitted up and in the actual factory, someone had told me i shouldnt be back yet as my break was no where near finished, but theb told me to just stay standing around thr factory instead of going back. 1 break of 15 mins is not enough. Even having a 50 mins break an hour into uyour shift is against the law, as not having other break, as being made for 6 hours straight!!!! Avoid avoid avoid. The line managers all need sacking. Also, VERY UNHYGIENIC
I decided to look for a job as I was stuck in a situation where I was being bullied in a workplace and wanted out as quick as possible wish I had not bothered. I got taken on by this agency they do not interview you so you have the job no matter what you just fill in a form. I started in a chicken factory in Scunthorpe for the 2 sisters food group and I have to say I was appalled. I was given some cheep wellies that made my feet very sore and blistered by the end of the day. I was put on a station in the factory which effecting my wrists as I have carpel tunnel I was in so much pain. I was moved to serval stations within the factory as I kicked off big time saying I am so much pain I need to go home they then said to me no you cannot go home we shall move you somewhere else, all these different departments made no difference and they still refused me to go home I nearly walked out but forced myself to stay as that's who I am as a person. the communication is very poor and no one really speaks English and its a long day when your suffering and no one talks to you. I was told day before I started my illness and injury's would be taken into account and would have light duties I guess not. I also got lots of cramp in my feet and toes due to the poor quality of the wellies and the dampness in there which I know it has to be kept cold but they don't take care of the staff at all. It was my first day and I had no training what so ever and then was yelled at for doing stuff wrong etc. I was told to go on my break which was 50mins long, the agency was kept hold of my phone and purse - more...
I got the job straight after having my interview but everything changed, i applied for shift work work at ÂŁ10.01ph But all of a sudden i was on ÂŁ8.71 and on day shift.. I had a fake interview for a fake job
Pros
Cons
Lies, toilets a disgrace.. Shocking managment. LIED TO AND INTERVIEWED FOR A DIFFERENT JOB
Worked with this company but then partner gave birth and struggled due to emergency c section went back to work for them to tell me I didn't have a job
While working here I was able to make sure that I felt comfortable and could ask for changes if they were needed. treated fairly while I worked there. Given enough work like I had asked for in order to keep myself busy.
Pros
Holiday pay
This company will advertise jobs for immediate start tomorrow in order to get you to sign up. They invite you for interview and induction but the shift work they advertise never materialises. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
None to be honest
Cons
Time wasters who advertise jobs that don't exist
Shifts are advertised that don't exist but you wont find this out until you start . Ask any questions they don't like and you are gone .You can be sent home mid shift the whole place is like something from the 1950,s . Welcome to the jungle.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything you could imagine.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gi Group?
Working on the production line, CAYGO and traceabilty paperwork. I learned about line leading and completed a manufacturing apprenticeship. Management was fair with clear chains of command. Long hours was the hardest part and the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie between staff.
A dedicated factory operative Working in the packaging and storage departments On a temporal basis. Like 3 days a week 24-32 Hours a week. Generally a very exiting working environment.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Love working here the people are really nice to get on with in my department anyway hours not always full hours but suits me fine fast pace but get use to it
Pros
Wages
Cons
Can be long hours
I was happy to work there. I was meeting new friends, I liked what I was doing. I finished working there because I went in Romania , now I come back and I wish to find a different job.
The work is hard and you need to be capable to keep up. Its a good place to work for while you're looking for another job and its a good place to have your first job at, it'll teach you the value of money.
Pros
Its good exercise
Cons
The hours
Food Production Environment.We need to handle various pizzas,We need to follow FIFO order.Quality checking, Maximising the production on various items
Pros
Production operative
Cons
GI Group
The job required you to work at a fast pace as well as needing to be very precise when on the production line. This was difficult at first however line managers would be welcoming in aiding you when you initially start on a line if required, allowing you to get up to pace.
a typical day at work for me started in the despatch departing oading unloading lorries and stacking packaged product ready to be loaded up for delivery. its wasn't too bad working for GI group only downside was i worked 8 72 hours and only got it paid weekly .
Pros
free product
Cons
Its ok when they have the work as you are constantly in every day but when the seasons die down there's a big lack in work so that results in lack of work.
GI group is a good agency that will find you good work good times and good pay they are very helpful. I enjoyed it because I managed to pay my rent whilst doing the work.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
pay for own lunch
This is a place you can work in until you find a more professional place of work or you get the job that you desire to do. this job helps you pay your bills but does not really give you the option to live extravagantly!
  1. Production Associate