GIG

GIG Employee Reviews

Very Good for first timers but starting salary is too low for London. Sometimes it's taking too long time to let you know if you were accepted or not for the job you had applied before in application.
work when you want, can choose working at different venues to get a scope of how different organisations operate.. work can vary from working in hotels to being at sporting events or even at concerts
Pros
work when you want
Cons
So i applied for this company as it says work when you want or the hours you want. I went to the interview to be told that they only do 12 hour shifts. Got told they are the only hours they do. So thought it was strange to say the least that they do not do work your own hours or when you want
Wish camback soon have nice experience in the company work for 4 years very happy my experience there with the customer very professional respectful like work with them
It would be quite a tiring day and alot of dedication is required due to variable hours of shifts. However there's usually a friendly atmosphere. I learnt a lot about team work and socialising swell as quick problem solving. For example if we ran out of necessities for stock i would know where to go and who to contact. The fun part would be getting to meet your team because theyre usually going to talk to you for majority of your shift.
Not much consideration when it comes to peoples reasons for cancelling the shift and the hours and the workflow is slow. They gave me illegal hours that I wasn’t supposed to do at the age of 16 and 17. They didn’t care about the fact that I had food poisoning from my last shift and due to the fact that I had food poisoning they still expected for me to go into work the same day Which I was unable to you so I lost my job for cancelling my shift.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unreasonable hours and not very considerate
Like all agencies, you get sent to some nice places and some not so nice. You just learn to avoid the not so nice ones and make the most of the nice ones. The pay is basic. It ranges from £8.21 an hour to £8.50 an hour. On the plus side there seems to be a fair amount of work available all year round. One big problem is they force you to work when you're sick. I'm in my second spell with gig. I got sacked for calling in sick at short notice first time around. I somehow managed to worm my way back in after about six months.
Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects. Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being. Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals. Developes a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation. Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage. Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs. Provides continuing service by providing direct deposit forms; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications. Provides death benefits by delivering policy proceeds; reassessing client needs. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.