Gillingham Football Club

Gillingham Football Club Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews

Productive workplace

For me a typical day at work experience at the football club was a very good learning experience as I would learn what the workplace culture was like on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn off the colleagues so that I could improve what I’m like in a workplace for the future.

Avoid!!

Underpaid and when questioned about it was told it’s all correct. Suddenly stopped being given hours and then seeing our jobs advertised on the websites. Bad management. Bad people skills. No management team.

Pros

Cons

Not paid and owed money. Rude management.

productive and fun workplace

i enjoyed working here as i got along well with the other staff and the customers in my workplace were very friendly. i enjoyed the work that i did and it was not fast paced at all so i rarely got stressed. overall the experience was unforgettable and i highly recommend it to other people my age looking for work

Pros

free drink and food

Cons

very minimum wage

Fun and inspiring job for students

This job is a great opportunity for students or those who want a small, steady salary in their lives. The atmosphere could be described as fast-paced and stressful at first, but in part thanks to competent and fun management you get used to it quickly as you receive some training and get the feel for the job. The best part about this job is undoubtedly it's staff: people are nice and honest and are always willing to help and assist you in everything. It's like a fun community and you get to know everyone pretty quickly and make friendships throughout. Pros: -Great working atmosphere and you get to work with generally very nice and outgoing people. -Management is really nice and fun to be around, they are always there to help you if any problems arise and give you a lot of support Cons: -The minimum-wage salary is quite poor, and shift frequency could leave more to be desired for. This isn't a job that you can work a lot of hours in and earn a good amount of money, it's a nice side earner.

Matchdays at Gillingham Football Club

On a matchday, we have to make sure all the supporters are safe and have a good time in each stand, also no invading the pitch and no alcohol in the stands. alcohol

Good place

It is what it is, theres various different roles for you to start off with. Staff are friendly management are fair not 2 games are the same, only thing I will say is if your not a confident person then it's not the place to be as there is some days you may get some stick and criticism from the fans, but if your confident and and take it in your stride then I would definitely reccomend working there and as it's mostly weekends does not take up a lot of your time

Great

As I'm an Ambassador for Gillingham Football Club its my responsibility to make sure all those attending the ground have a safe and enjoyable time whilst @ the ground and always look out for there safty

Exciting and fun place to work

This job was great as a young teenager first getting in to the working world, the shifts weren't overly long, really nice people to work with and for. Benefits included getting to watch all home games for free.

Good

Good place to work. Helpful colleagues. Good work experience which will help me progress into other jobs. I get free coffee as a bonus. I enjoy the atmosphere.

Productive and fun workplace

Good management and team work, relaxing and good experience for anyone looking to gain till experience, people skills and bar work. Decent wages but shifts are not regular.

laid back and different

you learn how to serve and prepare orders. which includes preparing commandants, communication with other staff and customers, making hot drinks. some kiosks have there own kitchen so you might be preparing some of the food that is served to the customers. staff are split into tills and runners with supervisors, when you're on tills you process the order and the runners get the order as the food and drinks are stored around the kiosk. the supervisors make sure everything's running smoothly.

Pros

experience

Cons

time flies

Fun workplace

Everyone who works at Gills are genuinely really fun. Although they are really strict but can be more lenient the more they get to know and trust you, it is a zero hour contract job meaning there are very little hours.

Pros

A good laugh. Not too stressful. A nice side job for a bit of extra cash

Cons

Very little hours. Very little pay. Very long shifts

Great to work but not to get payed

Very low pay!!! Don't get payed for first month late payments there after no holiday pay at all!! Very poor management!! Impossible to communicate with management as they are never there overall AVOID THIS PLACE!!! no future as the club is up for sale now !!!

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Based upon a 0 hour contract this company was the perfect place to work alongside University. It had a great job to work life balance despite the occasional long hours but this was all voluntary.

Pros

Great team of people

Cons

Long and unsociable hours

fun and work like family

working at gillingham football club has allowed me to come out of my shell and learn new things about working with the public and working with public.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

no breaks

an enjoyable workplace

no day at Gillingham football club is the same, meeting different people every game. through out my time working at the club ive learnt how to deal with pressure and time management. the club provides their workers with all different tasks around the stadium, like security to food and beverage.the atmosphere at Gillingham is always lively and there's never a dull moment. with a very skilled manager who workers can talk to anytime there's not a moment that we don't know who to talk to.

Pros

free drinks and entry to the games

Casual and fun workplace

Gillingham Football Club is a relaxed environment where I found my place very easily. Slight lack of communication between higher people as only really spoke to my immediate boss. Altogether it was a fun relaxed environment.

Pros

Free entry to game

Cons

Lack of hours

Getting along with the staff

Loved working at Gillingham football club it gave me great experience from working down at the training ground. I've learned new things which is good, such as putting the lines on the football pitches.

Pros

I had an hour lunch which was alright for me

Cons

the hours wasnt so bad to be honest

Good team environment

When volunteering for Gillingham football club I found the full time members of staff very accommodating to the part time staff and volunteers. They made me feel like a part of their team and it was an enjoyable few weeks of work.

Voluntary work

I enjoyed working here for about a year to gain some skills I may need in my life like team work, communication skills and how it would be if I really worked there for a everyday life job.

Pros

Free lunches, watching the game for free.

Cons

It was voluntary no money involved.

Fun, enjoyable workplace

A typical day involves arriving to Gillingham Football Club 2 hours before a home game where you will be briefed about the game and previous encounters with the opposing team. You are then allocated a section to take charge of and you then assist and help any supporters within the section. Whilst the game is underway, you are then required to keep an eye on the supporters to maintain their safety within the ground.

Pros

Can watch parts of the football game

Cons

Supporters can get out of hand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gillingham Football Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Gillingham Football Club Reviews by Location

• Gillingham Football Club
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?