Gimo

Gimo

Gimo Employee Review

Professional & Busy office place

Its a hardworking place, we work hard & then we play hard too!

Pros

Opportunity for personel initiative

Cons

Online Gambling

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Closest thing to a sweatshop I've worked in, all rammed together like battery-farm chickens supporting websites that encourage people to gamble.

Everyone starts at the same time and must clock in. Everyone takes a break at the same time because that's the rule. There's nowhere to go so we sprawl along the street, each in our own clique according to nationality. The work is tedious and low paid. Almost everyone there is from another country, probably recent immigrants to the UK who are unaware that they're being underpaid.

Pros

Free pizza once a month. Free drink dispenser.

Cons

Long hours, tedious work, Owners too cheap to provide a decent development space so we were working on a LIVE site, Tech Lead was unhelpful and abrasive, Accessible toilet was up a flight of stairs (WTF?)

Underpaying, hire and fire culture

Was here for a year and a half under an upper management team that greatly, greatly mistrusted their employees. Lunches and breaks were at strict times, no exceptions and they tracked latecomers with their key cards on the front door. They also had time trackers you had to use to prove you had worked the entire 8 hour-day.For a lot of things that usually aren't an issue, you had to write a grovelling letter to HR like explaining why you were 15 mins late, needed to WFH or even if you were sick. As my time there went on, more and more of these rules were circulated in memos. They started docking pay for any sickness without a doctors note and you had to describe your symptoms in detail if you called in sick. The turnover of staff is really high, either from people leaving or just straight up fired with no warning.There is casual dress and monthly drinks and pizza parties. It's in a nice area too and I remember a lot of work lunches and drinks.

Pros

Monthly pizza lunch, monthly drinks

Cons

Low pay, little flexibility, distant upper management

They treat the staff as irresponsible teenagers

There is no flexibility for most of the staff if you need to go to a doctor's appointment or for some other reason need to arrive later, while some people can work from home as much as they like and arrive late. The office is freezing cold in the winter, since they only use the heating during business hours, so you will work in your hat and coat until it has heated up. It's good for a year if you need the experience, but they generally don't invest or care about your development, so it's nothing long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gimo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement