Gimo

Gimo Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Info

very friendly working environment where you can grow every day, very professional and precise deadlines, security conscious and to working times

Underpaying, hire and fire culture

Was here for a year and a half under an upper management team that greatly, greatly mistrusted their employees. Lunches and breaks were at strict times, no exceptions and they tracked latecomers with their key cards on the front door. They also had time trackers you had to use to prove you had worked the entire 8 hour-day.For a lot of things that usually aren't an issue, you had to write a grovelling letter to HR like explaining why you were 15 mins late, needed to WFH or even if you were sick. As my time there went on, more and more of these rules were circulated in memos. They started docking pay for any sickness without a doctors note and you had to describe your symptoms in detail if you called in sick. The turnover of staff is really high, either from people leaving or just straight up fired with no warning.There is casual dress and monthly drinks and pizza parties. It's in a nice area too and I remember a lot of work lunches and drinks.

Pros

Monthly pizza lunch, monthly drinks

Cons

Low pay, little flexibility, distant upper management

Super Experience at gimo

i had the chance to work in a superb environment and with superb people where i could learn and put my skills in practice. This place helped me to grow like i expected !

Pros

people, free food, free drinks, end of year bonus

Cons

central london (for me)

Gave me a chance with in house trainigs at the same time

Experience, Experience ,Experience... when you start your "work life" well, you don't have much of it but then many recruiters actually blame you for not having a good experience... Luckily Gimo is dfferent and not only they gave me my first experience, they also enabled me to grow and learn new things. I could for example had free trainings to HTML and CSS which as a Marketing Executive is essential now.. so i am quite greatful too

Pros

free taining courses, fun group activies, drinks, pizza, great people

Grateful

Just a quick word to say that i am grateful to gimo for helping me out and understanding my situation. The temp remote working possibility was definitely what i needed to solve everything!

Pros

People oriented company

Honestly, Awful- only the staff make it worthwhile

My designer was irrationally fired. HR is just insane and I was unduly fired for being absent due to illness... which turned out to be cancer. I made some great friends but they treat staff like school children and think that they are disposable.

Pros

friendly people

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gimo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement
  • Gimo
  • Job security & advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?