Giraffe World Kitchen

Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews for General Manager

Always felt very well supported at Giraffe. Typical chain restaurant with good policies and procedures in place. Great at recruiting great people but went south a little during CVA process. Hope they can recover and be a top brand again.
Pros
Friendly and approachable managers
Cons
job security
had a great time working at giraffe. employees are developed and made to feel part of the family. when i worked for them the focus was on hospitality and not about hard selling to guests.
Had great experience working with Giraffe. Good wages, experienced management, which is always there to help. Just sad that they closed some restaurants.
When I started it was all about the guest, the food being fresh & making sure the staff where trained to be the best. Now it is about the profit, so the food is not fresh, the guest gets less for there money & there is no time to train new starters. I was expected to deliver better numbers then the previous year with half the amount of staff so i ended up working over 55 hours each week when I was contracted for 48. When I did have a day off I would still be contacted by my area manager. No consideration for when I had child care issues.
Pros
People, staff food, pay
Cons
Hours, upper management
Is busy, is fun. You have access to different training and perspectives. The managers are professional and constantly willing to improve your knowledge and speed of service. The food concept is delicious and attractive. The hardest part of the job is when a student delay happens and the staff is short. The good side is, the more customers you serve, more tips and more shifts will come to you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Good work with people,Lovely food, and great enviroment to be . Working long hours-weekend the most hardest thing, want to spend time with friends, enjoy the sun-summer time. The most enjoyable part of woking in Giraffe, was the people i was with, nice and friendly.
Pros
free food