GIRLGUIDING

GIRLGUIDING Employee Reviews

It is a good place to volunteer at and gain experience of working with children. I was lucky enough to work with them in the elgin division and it helped me to get a PVG, experience of working with children and I also developed a lot of people skills whilst volunteering.
Being a volunteer at Girlguiding was incredible, helping build confidence and doing fun activities with the girls also help build confidence in me to help in teams and work with others if needed.
Most jobs there are voluntary positions, however, there are so many opportunities to get further training and progress with the organisation. All training is free and provided by the charity. Working with children and other volunteers is very rewarding. Would definitely recommend volunteering with Girlguiding to anyone who wants more experience in leadership and working with children.
Help young children in earning badges Wether it’s trips storytelling or making things The girls then finish with their goodnight and goodbye song Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing. How far the kids come over the years
During the time I have been a young leader I have attended every event and meeting. I helped other younger members become more comfortable in their new environment when hey join us. The tasks I carried out and planning indoor and outdoor activities, trips and budgeting money. Through joining Girl Guiding i learnt the value of teamwork and leadership as well as the importance of having a positive relationship with other members and co-workers.
I had a fun time interacting with children/teenagers by helping them develop their creativity. It was a new and exciting opportunity to volunteer and help the community.
I would not recommend volunteering at the Girl Guides they dont provide any support, training, they discriminate, they dont give people a first chance they dont know what equal opps is They are a complete load of time wasters They do not empower women I would not give you a star rating
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
I would not volunteer for girl guides they are a waste of time they disrcriminate and they never give people a first chance no equal.opps judgemental no equal opps bunch of idiots Not a good place to volunteer
Pros
Cons
Judgemental
Every day is different. Work with a team of volunteers. Provide activities for young women. Development. Support. Training. Friendly. Best part - seeing young women grow in confidence, try new things, learn new skills
Great team and support throughout the job. The job involved different roles and experiences. Opportunities to provide general assistance on site such as site management.
I gained a lot from here but you have to put a lot of hours you gain a qualification in early years and you can do alot of other courses like child first aid
Pros
training fun
Cons
really long hours days away
It's great that girlguiding is around it enables young women, to be creative, explore their skills, find out what they are capable of doing. It encourages them to be independent and encourages them to have fun while socialising with other young women that are the same age as them. I love been a volunteer with girlguiding, I love been able to see how young people interact with each other. The girls know that if they need someone to talk to then they can come to me or any of the other adults in the unit.
Pros
Fun activities, trips out. Holidays are the same as school.
Cons
long hours for me with doing both Brownies and Guides in one night
I thoroughly enjoy working with the girls in their weekly activities. I lead many games and have even accompanied them on a weekend trip away. I hope to inspire them in the people they choose to be as they continue to strive through childhood.
Pros
Good opportunities
this is a volunteering experience not paid. once a week for 2 hours approximately. Leading group of 24 girls aged 10-12 with assistance from other leaders. Running activities, crafts and general caregiving.
Being a Rainbow Leader means that I was responsible for 10 energetic, lovely girls. I ran my group with 3 other members to make up the adult to child ratio. I learned to ensure that every child under my care was protected. I set up a security system and got parents to confirm who can collect their children by signing a consent form. Each of my children had their own personal file as they each had individual needs. The work environment was always lively and formative, as well as bring out their creative spirit, my team and I always made sure that those children walked away learning something new. I made contact with the local fire department so they can educate my girls in the important of fire safety. The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I received. I take pride in ensuring that I follow the rules and because of the lack of support it made me come across as unprofessional I have to say the most enjoyable part of that job are those girls. Whenever I found situations difficult or stressful, all that melts away when one of the girls achieved something she's been struggling with the week before. Or when children come back the week after a lesson and tell me that they changed the batteries to their fire alarm. Just knowing I am positive influence on those girls makes me want to do more.
Pros
Rewarding experience
Cons
No guidance
I enjoyed working here this was a fast paced job with a high standard in all areas as required within the warehouse sector the management were good, the training was also great. I worked alone and as part of a team my roles were picking packing shipping data inputting cleaning duty's etc. overall I would rate this company a 5*
Pros
local
Cons
non
Working with girl guides is a great privilege because the strong women who run are incredible people who help girls become confident, independent and help them make new friendships.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No pay
I thoroughly enjoy giving up my time to work with children, I do this every monday from 5:45pm to 7:30pm I find it extremely beneficial in learning new skills and sharing these with others.
A simple volunteering job - taking care of young girls for an hour each week and keeping them entertained. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and is overall a fun learning experience.
Working within girlguiding is voluntary so if you, a young woman aged 14+ would enjoy working along side young girls in their growth and development then girlguiding is for you. it is very rewarding as you get to see the girls progress through different stages and overcome tasks and challenges that you may not have had the chance to do yourself
Pros
Many trips
Cons
Can become tedious
Girlguiding offers fantastic opportunities for volunteers. While learning new skills you have the full support of an amazing Leadership Team and Mentors. It's a great place for Girls and adults alike.
  1. Employee reviews