GIRLGUIDING

GIRLGUIDING Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Most jobs there are voluntary positions, however, there are so many opportunities to get further training and progress with the organisation. All training is free and provided by the charity. Working with children and other volunteers is very rewarding. Would definitely recommend volunteering with Girlguiding to anyone who wants more experience in leadership and working with children.
Being a volunteer at Girlguiding was incredible, helping build confidence and doing fun activities with the girls also help build confidence in me to help in teams and work with others if needed.
Help young children in earning badges Wether it’s trips storytelling or making things The girls then finish with their goodnight and goodbye song Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing. How far the kids come over the years
I would not recommend volunteering at the Girl Guides they dont provide any support, training, they discriminate, they dont give people a first chance they dont know what equal opps is They are a complete load of time wasters They do not empower women I would not give you a star rating
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
I would not volunteer for girl guides they are a waste of time they disrcriminate and they never give people a first chance no equal.opps judgemental no equal opps bunch of idiots Not a good place to volunteer
Pros
Cons
Judgemental
It's great that girlguiding is around it enables young women, to be creative, explore their skills, find out what they are capable of doing. It encourages them to be independent and encourages them to have fun while socialising with other young women that are the same age as them. I love been a volunteer with girlguiding, I love been able to see how young people interact with each other. The girls know that if they need someone to talk to then they can come to me or any of the other adults in the unit.
Pros
Fun activities, trips out. Holidays are the same as school.
Cons
long hours for me with doing both Brownies and Guides in one night
Working with girl guides is a great privilege because the strong women who run are incredible people who help girls become confident, independent and help them make new friendships.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No pay
A simple volunteering job - taking care of young girls for an hour each week and keeping them entertained. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and is overall a fun learning experience.
Every evening at Girlguiding brings new challenges and adventures. It has taught me that every individual is equal and many opportunities have arisen from Girlguiding that have helped me grow as an individual. The company is extremely organised and always put the Guides first and consider what is best for them. My co-workers are extremely helpful and welcomed me as the youngest volunteer and trainee leader. The hardest part of the job currently is leading the whole group as I am still learning and developing these skills. The most enjoyable part is getting to socialize and have fun while developing as a leader and a person.