GIRLGUIDING

GIRLGUIDING Job security & advancement reviews

It is a good place to volunteer at and gain experience of working with children. I was lucky enough to work with them in the elgin division and it helped me to get a PVG, experience of working with children and I also developed a lot of people skills whilst volunteering.
Being a volunteer at Girlguiding was incredible, helping build confidence and doing fun activities with the girls also help build confidence in me to help in teams and work with others if needed.
Most jobs there are voluntary positions, however, there are so many opportunities to get further training and progress with the organisation. All training is free and provided by the charity. Working with children and other volunteers is very rewarding. Would definitely recommend volunteering with Girlguiding to anyone who wants more experience in leadership and working with children.
I would not volunteer for girl guides they are a waste of time they disrcriminate and they never give people a first chance no equal.opps judgemental no equal opps bunch of idiots Not a good place to volunteer
Pros
Cons
Judgemental
Great team and support throughout the job. The job involved different roles and experiences. Opportunities to provide general assistance on site such as site management.
I gained a lot from here but you have to put a lot of hours you gain a qualification in early years and you can do alot of other courses like child first aid
Pros
training fun
Cons
really long hours days away
I thoroughly enjoy giving up my time to work with children, I do this every monday from 5:45pm to 7:30pm I find it extremely beneficial in learning new skills and sharing these with others.
Girlguiding offers fantastic opportunities for volunteers. While learning new skills you have the full support of an amazing Leadership Team and Mentors. It's a great place for Girls and adults alike.
I have thoroughly enjoyed volunteering through Girlguiding and it has given me many further opportunities for awards and other organisations.
Good experiences, developed skills and abilities, made new friends and got a qualification that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No pay
Every evening at Girlguiding brings new challenges and adventures. It has taught me that every individual is equal and many opportunities have arisen from Girlguiding that have helped me grow as an individual. The company is extremely organised and always put the Guides first and consider what is best for them. My co-workers are extremely helpful and welcomed me as the youngest volunteer and trainee leader. The hardest part of the job currently is leading the whole group as I am still learning and developing these skills. The most enjoyable part is getting to socialize and have fun while developing as a leader and a person.