GIRLGUIDING

GIRLGUIDING Work-life balance reviews

It's great that girlguiding is around it enables young women, to be creative, explore their skills, find out what they are capable of doing. It encourages them to be independent and encourages them to have fun while socialising with other young women that are the same age as them. I love been a volunteer with girlguiding, I love been able to see how young people interact with each other. The girls know that if they need someone to talk to then they can come to me or any of the other adults in the unit.
Pros
Fun activities, trips out. Holidays are the same as school.
Cons
long hours for me with doing both Brownies and Guides in one night
I gained a lot from here but you have to put a lot of hours you gain a qualification in early years and you can do alot of other courses like child first aid
Pros
training fun
Cons
really long hours days away
I thoroughly enjoy working with the girls in their weekly activities. I lead many games and have even accompanied them on a weekend trip away. I hope to inspire them in the people they choose to be as they continue to strive through childhood.
Pros
Good opportunities
I thoroughly enjoy giving up my time to work with children, I do this every monday from 5:45pm to 7:30pm I find it extremely beneficial in learning new skills and sharing these with others.
I enjoyed working as a Brownie leader as it meant working with such sweet brownies. Times were tough when certain girls didn't want to do the planned activities but I grew better at approaching situations like that. Besides it being a volunteer job it was worth it as #i learnt from it and grew. The best part of the job was seeing the brownies grow from being shy to being able to stand up and talk in front of everyone.
Pros
Only once a week`
Cons
No pay