Gist
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Gist Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Gist is not too bad

It’s cold in the warehouse and they work you hard, it’s hard to keep up with the work but the pay does make up for this but it’s very hard to even do 40 hours a week as a physically fit man

So many managers, all with no clue

From the floor to the offices, Gist in Thatcham is the worst place to work.No consideration for anyone that works there, constant suggestions to improve/speed up productivity, every word fell on deaf ears, it's a health and safety disaster waiting to happen. Heads should roll, far too much dead wood!

Insights into Gist

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Terrible place to work

Management have no clue how to run transport operation. Work life balance nil. Work here if your aspirations for life are only to be working and sleeping...you will have no time to yourself. Regularly planned for 10 hour drives and 15 hour days. Also the Carlisle depot has a lower pay structure than any of the other depots....so working for less financial gain than colleagues in other depots doing same work.

Not a good place at all

This company just employed managers and staff who are there to make other colleagues feel small and worthless. As much as I did not have problems with anyone, the comonay rules and structure was terrible. A person was not allowed to be human enough to go off sick or anything of the sort even with a doctors note because they will give you a strike and after two or so they will still find reasons to fire you which i saw happen. Certain managers were more harder and disrespectful towards employees who are non white and also some comments which I heard being made.

Fast paced

Was good job to put me on for a bit However wouldn’t recommend it if you aren’t physically fit as there is a lot of heavy lifting and your on your feet all day

Not organised at all

Not organised at all, all management levels being told different things. Messed up my contracts etc and call to say terminating contract immediately within 2 weeks of starting. Excuses are terrible. Waste of time.

Transport

The worse place I ever work with, horible jelouse people with no willing to cooperating, very very stressful , no training provided if yes very basick but expectation in first month like after years working there , do not go there , the worse one is in Coventry , there is many better places to work with.

Overall Alright

Not a bad company to work for. Upper management are out of touch with the day to day.Pay used to be above average, now on par.Lots of red tape, and sloping shoulder amongst management.

Turheto

Atlagos, vannak jo tenyezok es rosszak egyarant. Ki kell probalni.

International working atmosphere

The shift was for 8 hours . the standard in admin and managerial activity was outstanding.the co-workers were from different European countries. the hardest part was the cold weather which could make our body weak still was enjoyable.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gist?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gist with

• Gist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?