Gist

• Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Nice team

Pleasant work placeGreat staff

Great place to workManagement patient and helpful Great staffWarehouse staff needs reviewing and re training. Slow at times to unload No respect for covid protection

Relax Atmosphere,

Best job I have by far.Management and planners with good attitude and manners, no hassle with a very relaxed atmosphere in the work force .Decent hours ,if you want overtime there’s plenty and no problem if you don’t require overtime.

Pros

Good pay, good management, and very relaxed atmosphere with good working conditions.

Oppressive unhelpful uncaring.

They pay peanuts and treat you like a machine. If you have any problems you just told “welcome to GIST”. Work life balance is terrible and long hours expected. Even get attitude from management after losing members of your family.

Cons

Management attitude, lack of respect.

I’ve worked at gist for 3 months now. Nice friendly place to work with good pay. Easy work. They never phone and hassle you. Your left alone to do your job. Great management team. I’ve worked for other companies in haulage and gist are one of the best as a class 1 driver. Hopefully I will be there until I retire. The vehicles are no older than 3 years and serviced regularly. Your get a great pension and I was on a very good bonus sceam when I joined the company.

Pros

Good pay and good company

Cons

Terrible agency staff treated like scum

Just dont work there it's horrible full.of non English and they will treat you like a leper if your english. Contracted staff on almost double new starters wage

Pros

Going home

Cons

Everything else

-iNot recommended

-iNot recommended Worked there and really enjoy .. very good staff, good place to get in progress. Managers are very friendly. Overtime are available. Team very helpful.

Pros

-iNot recommended

Cons

-iNot recommended

awful awful place

The people are so rude and lack basic home training and they were older than me!!!!!

Not recommended unless you don't have another choice

I worked for Gist 4 years. Overall and just in regards to the team I worked was good but regarding other things was a wake up experience. Is not a good place to work if you are too self-sufficient not to say if your level of knowledge is to high..At some point you will realise that they are using your knowledge for them own benefits without paying respect.For me personally was a waist of time. For ones who wants promotions..let's say ..they need to be prepared to fit a certain tipology..I did met nice people there..good people..but in the end of the day this is not enough

Pros

Good pension scheme...

Cons

No comments

Productive fast paced

Good company to work for. Staff are very helpful to new starts. Different shifts available to work. Overtime always available. Good place to learn about warehouse operations.

Pros

Overtime available

Ok

It’s an ok job but unless you are thick skinned then don’t bother. Some people are great others not so much. Definitely a if your face fits place and if it doesn’t you will soon know.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Everything else

Poor management over staff in pick faces

Under trained managers on the floor which leads to poor communications to pickersAgency staff under trained Constantly changing lay outs of work areaOnly trained in picking trays Not trained properly for pallets in boxline

Pros

Car park

Cons

To many to mention

its a transport and delivery job some times its slow and others its a bit manic

as a driver some times you are at the sharp end but you are left to get on with the job/any problems you are expected to ring the transport office to tell the/the same as if there is a traffic hold up/road closure most of my work as depot to depot no loading/unloading involved

Pros

h&s is a top priority/some times there is a bit of free stuff

Cons

some runs are long hrs.'/but others are short mix of both over the wk.

Don’t bother!

Worked like robots. No care for the people. So many people on long term sick because of the stress they cause. So damaging, please don’t put yourself in this position.

Cons

Not fair, disrespectfull, very hard job, toxic and drug company

Toxic disrespectfull people very hard job cold and Very noisy, big haos, no one give me Property support and opportunity, managers laying and lazy

nice and easy job

This job is easy and straightforward in my opinion, there is only stress when you hit a time limit or traffic as a driver. or if someone in a different store aren't concerned about your time limit or issues either, in the transport office its very easy to talk to managers about extra days and hours they're all very helpful and easy to get along with in my 5 years working here I've never encountered a reason to change my opinion on them.

Pros

friendly team

Cons

pay

Hgv 2 driver

Two nights training, then on your own . I completed a 15 hour shift , management could not care less all they were interested in was did I complete the round . Their excuse was “we’re short of drivers “. When I told them I would not be back, again could not careless. Avoid at all cost .

Pros

New wagons

Cons

Hours and management

Experienced many changes over the years...

Gist was a good employer to me, I have seen many many changes throughout my employment with them. Career progression can be good, internal job offers and courses, etc. They fast track university graduates. Many managers are great colleagues, however many are not! Stay true to yourself is the best advice I can give anyone contemplating a job application with Gist and don’t be moulded into someone they want you to be. Good luck!

Pros

Overtime offered freely

Cons

Welfare not given priority

Very poor

Same model as Amazon, low eage, poor work condition and ego power trippy managment. Hi staff turn over as if you speak out you are out the door, avoid unless you are desperate!!!!

Pros

Cheap warm food on site

Cons

Poor at every apart from cheap warm food.

Official response from Gist

16 August 2021
Thank you for your comment. I can confirm that salaries have recently been reviewed to ensure that we remain competitive and in the top quartile within our industry and location. We aim to provide a range of benefits including an onsite canteen, free parking, health and well-being benefits, retail discounts , overtime if required and great Pension etc I am sorry that this was not the role for you.

Just had a pay Rise! Haven't been here long but good so far

Lots of work and lots of new starters but hadn't joined long and already got a pay rise.If you are prepared to work hard and in a chilly environment it's great. Hours fit around my home life. I work some weekends but not all. Opportunity to do more if I want to like becoming a trainer or first aider

Pros

Canteen

Cons

No additional smoking breaks

Never ever again

This is hard job , paid little working in chill then they sent you to ambient. Chaos overall, poor organisation of job, not well qualified management, good job for part timers maybe. Ridiculous targets to be picked, to get a bonus usually not to achieve. I can’t see no pros there

Pros

Cons

Cold, poor management, no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8