GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Good place to work, great incentives as share options, pension advice, regular bonus and award schemes. Encouraged to have casual coffee meetings within the open plan environment of the building.
Pros
Working from home is fully accepted.
Cons
Departmental restructuring every 3-4 years
I worked for GSK 37 years, met my wife there. Managed to bring up four children on my salary. Made lots of friends in that time. Enjoyed working there. Sad to have had to leave.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Working 12 hr shifts
Wonderful place to work with lots of fun. Excellent line manager and great experience. I was involved in both small molecules and Biologics. Overall, I really enjoy working at GSK
Don’t look after staff, all they care about is getting the job done. If you report things nothing gets done about it. management look after themselves, training is none existent ,documentation is backed dated, I could go on
Most person don’t have clue what going on on warehouse people on position no experience no forklift license mostly situation very stressful Logisticx department don’t control delivery on despatch not space for finish goods
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Shift pattern not good
Horrible bosses , very strict on breaks the management is a joke and bail when the chips are stacked against them . It’s a blame culture and not keen unless your a mong
Cons
This was a school working experience therefore my opinion is irrelevant as I was there for one weeks experience. I was only there to learn the basics on what a working environment looked like. I enjoyed maytime there.
A company that has the right ideas but being led by managers that have been there way too long and wont adapt to change/time. Work life balance is poor as there is a lack of trust.
Pros
Good Salary, benefits
Cons
Lack of trust with remote working, old school culture, not great work life balance
I have completely enjoyed my 7th month of working with GSK and so far its beaten my expectations. Having previously worked 8 years with British Petroleum, I was sceptical about joining a new Organisation but so far GSK has surpassed my expectations. I have enjoyed myself and the work life balance is very good. I have found my team very collaborative and the team spirit is outstanding. Leadership at GSK is also something I want to commend. GSK is an Organisation that looks after its Employees from my perspective.
Productive every day at work,2 times per week management meetings workplace culture was friendly/competitive the hardest part of the job was the strict deadlines the most enjoyable part of the job was the seminars
If you want to know more Please reach out to me and I will give you my own opinion of what is happening at GSK and how the culture is and if you are a good fix.
I really enjoyed working here and there was a good work life balance. Worked from home when needed and arrived when I needed to. Good management, friendly and helpful.
Great place to work. People are nice. Some focus on skill progression but largely tick box when talking progression. It’s a large corporate ie. everything is slow.
GSK is a great company to work for as you are working as it is a company focused on saving lives. This is such a rewarding part of the job as you know that no matter what you're role is, you are contributing to something so important.
I enjoyed working at GSK in a team, the workload was quite high, deadlines were tight. Basically it was a short assignment I improved my skills of excel.
Culture: It's a large organisation with very limited development opportunities, promotions and pay rise. Company claims to want people to be at their best and come to work with the smile yet forces 85% into the no reward box and importantly 5% into underperformance with financial repercussions - the claim pertains to keep efficiency up but really it is about restricting expenses on people performance. This inevitably leads to injustice, employee discouragement and competitiveness. GSK do have a fantastic matrix teamwork culture with organised research units and numerous technology platforms to deliver science, but a fake team spirit is felt which is presumably induced by a hidden culture of fear and competitiveness at least in part. GSK is not an average company it's a leading organisation employing highly skilled staff - everyone should be individually recognised and rewarded to the level of their commitment and successes but it's clearly not the case and often great performance is ignored. Management: It's common place that overall, management at GSK don't really invest in their people by actively committing to develop & champion them. Laziness? Complacency? Lots employees may need to look out for themselves using available intranet tools, mentors etc. "Employees leave their manager not the company" is also true at GSK. Trust: GSK brands itself with internal and external slogans to inspire. To increase trust internally GSK would need to inspire its people through a real appreciation of everyone's work - not just the leaders and a minority of other staff, not just a big - more...
Pros
Amazing matrix teams and tech hubs, lectures, flex work, passionate staffs
Cons
Bad management, bad reward system
Highly competitive organisation. weak management and poor leadership were a problem in the area I worked. Frequent changes in management and reorganisations were disheartening.
Good culture, nice people - worked there as a contractor in the infrastructure team and was treated well. The project I worked on was on a joint venture.
Thoroughly enjoyed working here. Very positive workplace culture, learned a lot of new analytical skills and got on well with colleagues. GSK is a great company to work for.
Fast paced environment with a strong team culture. Varied work and regular interaction with management. Ethical and motivating. Downside was the downsizing and personnel changes during mergers.
Pros
Home based work
Cons
Over the years many changes in personnel
GSK provides many opportunities and benefits to employees who share the passion to live the values of the company. Opportunities for personal development and for working with experts across the globe.
  1. Employee reviews