GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Found 187 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,568 reviews

Has the potential to be a good place to work, but old school mentalities take over

A company that has the right ideas but being led by managers that have been there way too long and wont adapt to change/time. Work life balance is poor as there is a lack of trust.

Pros

Good Salary, benefits

Cons

Lack of trust with remote working, old school culture, not great work life balance

Definitely going the wrong direction

Used to be a very good company to work for unfortunately the company appears to have taken the wrong direction in the ways of management and now lurches from one catastrophe to another

Pros

Pay

Productive Employer

I have completely enjoyed my 7th month of working with GSK and so far its beaten my expectations. Having previously worked 8 years with British Petroleum, I was sceptical about joining a new Organisation but so far GSK has surpassed my expectations. I have enjoyed myself and the work life balance is very good. I have found my team very collaborative and the team spirit is outstanding. Leadership at GSK is also something I want to commend. GSK is an Organisation that looks after its Employees from my perspective.

Please feel free to ask me

If you want to know more Please reach out to me and I will give you my own opinion of what is happening at GSK and how the culture is and if you are a good fix.

I really enjoyed working here and there was a good work life balance. Worked from home when needed and arrived when I needed to. Good management, friendly and helpful.

Great Company - Slow Progression

Great place to work. People are nice. Some focus on skill progression but largely tick box when talking progression. It’s a large corporate ie. everything is slow.

A great cause

GSK is a great company to work for as you are working as it is a company focused on saving lives. This is such a rewarding part of the job as you know that no matter what you're role is, you are contributing to something so important.

Excellent company aiming to improve lives of employees as well as everyone else

GSK provides many opportunities and benefits to employees who share the passion to live the values of the company. Opportunities for personal development and for working with experts across the globe.

Productive and fun workplace

Truly a modern employer, people empowerment, development and flexibility is their priority. Proud to represent GSK as a Pulse ambassador. Great Pharmaceutical company with great scientists.

Fantastic culture

Fantastic collaborative and engaging role. Lots of scope to advance and specialise. Support and development opportunities. Team work and multi disciplinary stakeholder engagement.

Healing and valued.

It’s refreshing being surrounded by people who care about the same things. We all find meaning in our work and it’s humbling to share it together. Fantastic community.

Pros

Flexible job, nice pay.

Cons

Time away from home.

Great place to work!

Expect to work hard and be pushed and also reap the benefits of a large organisation. Company is going through a phase of transition for the better - becoming much more collaborative and is generally an enjoyable place to work.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Can be long hours, but where isn't these days!

Decent but do not know for how long. Poor HR

Good flexibility. Decent benefits. Often goes through big change. Weak HR. Not enough opportunity for progress. Weak middle management. Poor HR Process.

Love the place, really good culture to work.

Most enjoyable aspect of work is the sense of accomplishment, especially when you work with Non-Finance individuals who need Financial guidance to help with decision making. Sometimes due to the size of the company and its nature, it can be perceived to be bureaucratic. Would always love to work here

Wonderful place to work

Great company culture. Huge investment in people. many opportunities for advancement and development. Large corporation so change can be slow and sometimes it is decision by committee.

Good place to work , nice culture

GSK is undergoing significant changes at the moment so lots of jobs are changing , departments are being restructured so there is a bit of uncertainty. However in general everything is well managed and we are all kept informed of what is happending.

Pros

Great people, nice environment, good work life balance

An excellent place to learn and develop your career

Work ethics and culture are extraordinary at GSK. Many great supportive people around you all of the time and willing to help immediately. Great technology and focus on innovation

Great company to work for

First class company.,varied work ,and thorough training to excellent standards, great promotion prospects on a whole very professional company,loved every minute of my time at this company.

Fun and productive work place

GSK is a wonderful company to work for due to the people it employs. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Good work life balance. The company believes in Integrity, courage, teamwork and accountability and the employees believe in these values and embrace them.

Pros

Good working environment, good bonus, flexible working

Perfect!

Worked in GSK for 1 year and 2 months as contractor. Very flexible company and excellent training. One minus is that it is really difficult to become permanent there.

Good place to work. Management are very good and there is a nice culture there. There is a good work/life balance and the company treats staff very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2