Gleeson
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Gleeson Reviews: Working at Gleeson

United Kingdom30 reviews

Loved working at Gleeson

Fabulous company to work for, the management were amazing, just let down a little by the build delays which at the time were out of their control. Good training very ethical in their approach regarding regeneration of land extremely approachable at all levels.

Pros

Lots

Great Company to work for

The structure within the company is one of collaboration. All employees are encouraged to fulfil their potential. There is an openness to working. The Senior Management within the company is very approachable.

Pros

All round good environment to work

Insights into Gleeson

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Fair pay for job

Energetic and kind workplace

It's a good place to work, the office environment is productive and the majority of staff are easily approachable. Would highly recommend from my personal experience, the only downside is them being frugal in terms of financial benefits.

Pros

Happy work life

Cons

Frugal

Passionate about the product, purchasers & staff

I've been with the company for nearly 3 years and I love it more than ever.Promoted last year and look forward to every day.Company is growing fast but different regions still make it small and friendly.

Pros

Great Team work

Cons

Good company to work for

A great company to work for with quite a bit of variety to the role. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. The workplace culture is quite relaxed but hard-working.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Salary

Stressful

This is a fast paced company which is going through a lot of changes quickly who have the money to rebrand but lack of trades and experienced staff to execute the change. Fantastic vision but an unrealistic method. Overworked staff with poor life/work balance

Pros

Build nice affordable homes

Cons

Poor work life balance, company do not trust their staff so constant monitoring and testing

Not a happy place to work.

Very difficult place to work as too many hands stopping you to perform.Management as a whole needs to be reviewed.Also some of programme for costing need to be update.

Cons

Uneasy awkward atmosphere not pleasant at all

The worst company ever. All management especially HR are completely lazy and two faced. No one wants to help you if you are a nice, genuine hard working person with feelings then this definitely isnt the place to work. Bullying goes on everday and everyone turns a blind eye!!

Cons

Stay away and save the hassle

I had to laugh when i spotted their advert which stated ''join our passionate, collaborative and respectful teams out on site''. You see the trouble with Gleesons is some site managers are great and will try and help you but being treated like dirt by clowns higher up, absolutely shocking pay and a complete disregard for genuine workers make this company one to avoid.

Pros

Home time

Shocking

dont bother, the St Helens office dont have a clue what they're doing. As a site manager, they nearly made me commit suicide putting me under that much stress. Something wrong? Blame management. Materials wrong? Blame management. Bad trades? Blame management. Behind programme due to a mistake from the office? Blame management. Hated every second

Through agency

I had a phone call from an agency I hadn't had any dealings with but I wasn't working so I accepted. I was asked if I had a drill to take it with me. I went home at break on the first day to bring more of my tools. Described by agency as labouring and the odd bit like fitting door handles. It was full on snagging and finishing.

Pros

Varied work

Cons

Underpaid for skill requirement

Ok to work for but pay wasn’t good

Working for Gleeson homes was ok at first and the site manager was ok to work for but then after fourlough they took away my bounse and any overtime and they didn’t even pay any fuel costs

Bullies

HR. Shocking,. Bullies get promoted. Jobs for the boys, poor trades, bad payers. All the best people leave. Lack of organisations and people skills. 😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

Building Houses

Day to day duties to included bricklaying, and labouring, Management was ok, People on sites was good lads who I got on with Hardest part of job was just making sure we got all the work completed on time for the relevant sub contractors

Don’t bother

No proper induction to the company. You are just left there to get on with it. Total lack of help, advice and support. HR non existent. Experienced bullying and despite putting in a formal complaint there was no sign of any official investigations, minutes of meetings.No option left but walk away.

Gleeson Homes

Good company to work for. Good rate of pay. You can visit they local office and drop your resume. They are building everywhere with new sites coming up everytime.

Gleeson

Great atmosphere to work in with help from senior staff . Not like the plc rat race but work and programme expected to be adhered to . Good health and safety

Typical Day

As an Assistant my typical day involved opening site and organising customer care works which were either current minor snagging or long standing historical defects left by the previous management teams. Building relationships with the homeowners, NHBC Inspectors as well the sub-contractors is both challenging and rewarding and being recognised by the customers via emails back to the head office for the works carried out on site was rewarding. As well as customer care jobs I had to assist in organising the subcontractors programme of works, calling off kitchens and appliances, organising services etc which is really enjoyable as well as working as part of a good team. Work life balance was good and probably the hardest part of the job was chasing the sub-contractors when/if they let you down on site with no shows etc which is generally an issue right through the industry which ever company you are working for.

Ok for short time

Ok company overall, They ask far too much for what you get paid, must managers are good some are..... well let's just leave that there, that's all I have to say really.

Friendly staff who are dedicated to there work.

Staff in the office were really friendly and driven on doing there utmost best. However leadership from the top looked an issue, I was never welcomed from the heirachy at Gleesons which is unfortunate as a new apprentice.

Pros

Travel perks

.A challenging role

.Traveling around sites to upskill site managers covering all regions across the uk implementing all training across the company ,writing material to deliver ranging from IT usage and reporting ,budget ,safety and management skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gleeson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gleeson with

• Gleeson
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?