Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation

Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Great company to work for

Have had a great time with dimplex. Thanks to great team leaders. They all truly care a d appreciate each individual. I felt supported and appreciated. Great benefits. pay could be higher but working from home and location- no problems with parking were adding value into

3 re-structures in 4 years

- I have been told there have been 3 re-structures in the past 4 years - surely this proves that most of these re-structures haven't had the intended effect? Or maybe none of the re-structures has the necessary time to bed in? Old departments have been re-created when a new head of marketing starts. - To make people redundant - whether it be marketing, sales or moving jobs over to Ireland - how can a company who cares about their staff do this during a time of current stress people have with coronavirus? It's a bitter pill to swallow when the company is still performing strong. - Lack of direction - Too many people working in silo - The head of the dept I worked in may have a lot of experience in the sector but has never worked in this industry before. They seem to think that they can apply everything from their previous industry to this one. If they listened to the staff they would understand our business is no where near that simple. - Just because you say some of your values are 'forward thinking' and 'innovation', it doesn't mean you are if you don't actually carry these actions out - Remember your loyal employees that you chose to make some of them redundant during a global pandemic when you are still a strongly performing business - Remove the bureaucracy which you created to make sure we only made products that people wanted and that were made on time, unfortunately it had the opposite effect. It is incredibly time consuming and makes people lose focus - Reflect on the reason why you keep having to do re-structures every few years

Pros

A minimal discount on products

Cons

Constant re-structures, uncertainty, pointless meetings and paperwork, too many people trying to have a say on projects, no accountability, lack of direction from the management particularly over in Ireland

Insights into Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Enjoyed my job, but staff treated badly

As a Carrier I got my bonus each week standard so my wage was quite good. Although supervisors and management treat staff like dirt and have no respect for anyone. If you voice your opinion your job is threatened. Seen countless people leave because of it.

Pros

4 day week with overtime if requested.

Cons

Supervisors and Management

Forward thinking company

The organisation is evolving and changing in order to set itself up for a strong future. The company has a key role to play in reducing climate emissions through its electric heating products. It’s a really exciting time to be on the journey. The people are lovely and very supportive even in challenging circumstances.

Family owned business - great place to work.

Friendly atmosphere - many staff have been with the company 20+ years which is always a good sign. Working environment is clean and pleasant - facilities are excellent.

Good productive company

I Would recommend work at Glen Dimplex Company because they have good attitude to work. Plenty of different tasks to do which keeps you busy this makes that the time go fast.

Great Colleagues and Innovative Business

Pros Some of the most wonderful colleagues I've had the ability to work with. A great amount of autonomy in the role. Innovation is encouraged, really looking to the future and how to better the business. Although there is hierarchy (as in every business) you get the chance to speak to everyone in the organisation, no matter what their role is or where they are based. In that sense, there is a 'levelness' to the business which keeps it humble and progressive. Cons Not necessarily a con, but change is a large part of the organisation and always has been. This has previously included acquisitions and mergers and can be exciting to view the bigger picture and the collaboration and new ideas that comes with it. However, admittedly this may not be for everyone. Advice to Management There is a lot of good talent in the company which I haven't seen elsewhere, with only more that is being recruited in. Focus and invest in this.

Flexible Employer

Flexibility was key Despite lack of benefits and minimum wage salary, felt appreciated for the work that was done Good team, little to no office politics Only negative was the misinformation, the role did not match the job itself and the salary offered was not as advertised (was told no calls would be handled, learned on day one that the role was a call centre role)

Pros

Flexible approach, good culture

Cons

Low pay, long hours, misinform role and salary

Excellent company, brilliant atmosphere

Friendly management team with even friendlier colleagues. Each day was different and exciting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation with

Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation reviews by location

Learn about Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation in popular locations

• Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?