Glendale
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Glendale Employee Reviews

United Kingdom78 reviews

A company that is going places

Glendale has embraced many changes recently, putting it's staff at the forefront of what it is doing, recognising their expertise and experience and championing a good work ethic. Due to sales success there is a lot of work to be done, it is a very busy company and you will work hard. If you are good at what you do you will be rewarded. It is a nice place to work.

easy job but pay is poor

Tools not up to standard. management does not have a clue. staffs are fine to work with. hours is perfect for work life balance. minimum wage.if you want promotion you need to be ready to go an extra mile behind closed door (if you know what I mean).

Good bunch of guys and work but management leaves alot to be desired

People will tell you its a great place to work etc it isn't the manager 'dougie' is the most arrogant human you'll meet his 'supervisors' and just guys he's been able to scare or bully enough that he knows he has control over everything they do, If you have a disagreement with him be prepared for him to inform you he is a 'casual' and you would not stand a chance overall avoid them like the plague

Cons

Staff great management couldn’t run a bath

Management within glendale seem to brush off any concerns about Ppe, equipment and pretty much any thing you ask. The deployment is back to front and you’ll often visit the same site 3 times because they’ve lent tools out to another branch knowing we need them so by the end of the 3rd visit you’re already behind now on route. No supervisor to lead with tasks but told to refer back to supervisor (confusing isn’t it) but yeah the staff and work load are great so if you generally do want a nice easy job just below industry standard management that don’t do a full day ever and you’ll be lucky to see them also wages are messed up most months and the manager hasn’t a clue how to resolve them.

Pros

The staff, the work

Cons

The management

Fun to work for great team of staff

Very good firm to work for built my way up very quickly. I have always been interested in paramedics/ ambulance tech so would like a career change. Working for glendale is fun great team to work with

Pros

Good company family friendly

Cons

Hard work fast based 10 to 12 sites a day

Quality company, good organisation

Worked on a number of contracts, all well managed and learnt loads in my time with the company. Only left because I moved and would recommend to anyone looking for a long term job. They’ve had contracts for years and are always winning more work. Loads of banter and the lads have a good laugh.

Pros

Variety

Busy workplace.

Worked on the leek contract. Good job security. A array of different work with a good personal progression program and training available. Lads took a lot of pride in their work.

Pros

Van to take home.

Cons

Need more staff.

Fast paced grounds maintenance career

Second time working for the company, good bunch of people to work with, work is straightforward. Career progression as well which I was very pleased with.

Pros

Use of company van, good work ethics

Cons

Some driving distance, sometimes longer hours

Productive and fun

Great atmosphere good bunch of lads. Lots of work and good job security. Could take the van home so made it easy on my own fuel cost. Good training available and a good employment progression plan.

Pros

Company van

Cons

Travel

Bad place to work there if you have mental health

Glendale in Bolton is a bad place to work if you suffer with mental health problems. The boss didn't care at all about my mental health except for his little pets in the yard. I enjoyed my job really much and my team but as soon as they see you happy they take it away from you. The boss promises you that the world is your oyster and you never see it .

Pros

Outdoor work

Cons

No respect

Excellent place to work

I love my job. My colleagues are all really good fun and it is a great place to work. Although a limited company it feels like a family run business, there is always a good atmosphere.The company look after us and for that reason we all go the extra mile. A great place to work ..... even in these temperatures 😁

I worked on a temporary contract through the summer, loved it and will return next year if they will have me back. Had a really good experience, I have worked for a fee grounds maintenance companies and Glendale are far the best.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Hard work

Worst company ever

Weston super mare branch are all liers they keep u on a shoe string from fake pay rises to fake Promises of kit and phone to be able to complete the job they expect you to do. Management have very little to do with employees almost like they don't care from expecting you to run your own route to sitting in the office doing nothing all day it must be a dream on 40k plus a year pushing a pen round a piece of paper for ten minutes a day!Place is a circus avoid at all costs.

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Management and pay

Avoid at all costs

Management say there pay for course for chainsaw then u end up paying out of appreciation wage passed my cs30 but not allowed to use saw poor management

Pros

None !!

Cons

None!!

Hard work but lots of fun

Great company to work for, well structured and lots of support from the management team. Highly recommended. Work is varied and high standards of workmanship means clients are retained.

Groundworker

Pushed to do far too much work for little pay and the pay was always wrong and often ripped off with poor excuses everytime from management. Total Mickey mouse company

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

Underapreciated all the time by the main guy in edinburgh.

The supervisor you get will more than likely be ok, he will encourage you and do his best. But the main guy that controls him will get him to tell everyone they are useless and always running at a loss. Its the employees fault that the company is losing money. If he gets the chance to speak to you he will belittle you and criticise anything he can, you could work for the guy for 5 years seasonaly and he will bring up a garden that was missed or a time you took too long in a garden and use that as an excuse to not keep you over winter. He is in a position of power and abuses it on a daily basis. If your fine with being spoken down to and having no job progresion, always having to find winter work and being asked to do more than what is asked of you initially. With zero gratitude once you go the extra mile. Then its a great job for you and i highly recommend it. Otherwise, look somewhere else. This is a dead end job that promises opportunities but bleeds you dry and kicks you to the kerb when the season is done.

Pros

Free pick up or van given to you and you have to pick up people on your way to work, some good lads to work with.

Cons

No progresion, undermined, under payed, overworked.

Don't work there

Supervisor is useless they might as well get rid of him he hasn't got a clue.The whole place is a shambles. You don't know what you are doing from day to day. They employ unskilled workers. Avoid company at all costs.

Pros

Cons

You will be conned

Good work, Low pay

The people at Glendale are great to work with everyone has a laugh but management expectations are unrealistic and they expect you to work for peanuts.

Pros

Good Laugh

Cons

Poor wage

not a good place to work overall.

The boss is not a very nice person an tries to speak down to you, the lads who work there are great but the salary is not the best an I had to wait 6 Weeks to receive my first pay slip.

Managment problem

Overwork Not much communication between staff and managment. Alway got negative comments Was never gave the right maps to complete work. Had good vechile and tools ,but a lot of the staff incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement