GLG

GLG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Boring, repetitive work

GLG is promoted as a company operating within the consulting sphere, the reality is that is more of a glorified call centre. You spend your time spamming consultants to take your project, speed is key so the council members end up getting invitations to any project. Loads of frustration and lack of caring for tailoring.

Pros

Decent pay, good offices

Cons

Repetitive work, little opportunity to learn about content, loads of admin

If you like poorly managed companies, GLG is for you

Poorly run company that pays decently with incredibly high turnover and exploitive processes that don't benefit the actual workforce whatsoever. You're better off unemployed than working at this godforsaken place

Pros

Pays well and don't need experience

Cons

Long hours, management is terrible, long training process, awful culture

Great broad knowledge of many industries

talking with industry experts from a widerange of industry verticals allows you to get an overview of the worlds economy - very useful for starting a career

Good place to work.

Good place to work. Great people in the middle level, questionable local management in the offices. Growing company which makes it a good place to work if you're willing to put the effort in and make your own opportunities.

Good company

GLG are well organised and efficient in organising consulting opportunities. Have experienced some instance of lack of response from certain individuals when approached to participate in a consult, but mostly only had pleasant experiences

Very professional and welcoming

I worked on a freelance consulting project which was undertaken via telephone. The process of joining the organisation and then participating on the consulting project was very straightforward and easy to follow.

Pros

Great online tools

Good Starting Point

It is a great starting point of career. It can probably give an opportunity to understand what industry you want to pursue your career in as well as grow your network of c-level people.

A typical day includes the management and execution of email distribution and marketing efforts using Eloqua Marketing Automation Platform. Since joining I have learned lots about events marketing and Marketing Automation. My co-workers are young ambitious professionals and easy to get along with. As an International company the hardest part of my job is co-ordinating between the 3 International regions we operate because of the timezone difference. The best part of my job is building marketing automation programs and getting satisfaction from seeing how successful they are when yielding strong results.

Pros

Great office location, benefits

Cons

Longer than expected travel

Operations manager with experience of successfully coordinating the activities of various departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and distribution of products & services and extensive HR experience of co-ordinating and administrating all systems of HR also payroll and recruitment. Comfortable working with people of all levels and having an excellent commercial approach to solving problems and developing business processes. Having proven people management skills, with the ability to manage performance and motivate staff on an individual and team level. Now looking for a new and challenging position, one which will make best use of my existing skills and experience and also further my personal and professional development. A dynamic, ambitious and accomplished business professional with extensive experience. A tenacious person, resolute in inspiring, driving and delivering exceptional individual Performance.

Pros

pick my own times to work

Cons

late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare GLG with

GLG reviews by location

Learn about GLG in popular locations

• GLG