Global Payments Inc.

Global Payments Inc. Employee Reviews

I’ve been working at TSYS for over a year now. The job can be stressful at times but it definitely depends on how you deal with situations and how calm you can keep under pressure. The part I work in is 24/7 service but this has been changed due to covid recently. The shift pattern changes every 3-4 weeks, from earlier shifts to later shifts so everyone has equal share of the different shifts. TSYS have been very on top of putting safety measures in place to fight against covid and temp checks are done every time you enter the building. I enjoy working here and they have been really helpful when I have been going through my mental health battles.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Shift pattern not for everyone but it can be adapted.
training doesn’t prepare you for the calls, I’ve heard so many stories about different ways people get sacked I’ve never seen anything like it in a workplace. It feels like being back at school and not in a good way. A lot of people are nice but management have no empathy and Will talk about you behind your back. You have to do so many tests that they should tell you about when you take the job. The job isn’t worth minimum wage for the amount you have to do.
Pros
People
Cons
Management, pay and pressure
So since COVID had made everyone needing a income TSYS has used this to their advantage and used it to prey on many different age groups and backgrounds. Our trainer was fantastic, he was the reason why me snd my group even stayed for the week training. After that week of training we all got thrown into the deep end head first and thrown on the phones with about 100 different programs your supposed to remember. I think there’s only 2 people left in Lyndsey’s that was on training when I was. This place has no social distancing,all teams touch, hug and get all in each other’s business. The place is so over populated the parking is essentially putting your vehicle in harms way by getting door dings or scratches and swipe marks. Masks aren’t required to be worn even moving around the building. This place is a waiting Covid hotspot. If I can offer any advice If TSYS offer you a position anywhere, politely decline the offer
Pros
Cheep nasty free coffee
Cons
An absolute joke of management
This is just a rubbish call centre that preys on young people that are desperate for an income, terrible pay, useless management and horrible job. You're micro managed at every level and your every move is watched. This company truly feels like a knock off version of the actual American one.We've had a trainer say you will be YELLED at for certain things by management...YELLED AT! Like we're school kids. I've also been told that you need to make 'friends' with certain departments here to get favours done for you...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL place.The turnover rate is absolutely disgusting, you see a new group each day! You're expected to do overtime at an HOURS notice. ALL this job/ company does is provide customer service, it is NOT an analyst position as advertised, that is a buzzword for young people.If you're a graduate don't work here, the people next to you will have barely graduated high school, as the job description says NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. - This should be alarming enough at how desperate they are due to their high turnover rate.
Cons
Management panic and shout at people when calls get heavy! (Fearful about clients imposing penalties!) Salary is not competitive for comparable employment.Shift patterns are not great! Weekends and lates expected.
Pros
Colleagues are generally supportive. Opportunities for overtime.
Cons
Poor parking facilities for later shifts (not enough spaces in car park), Management are a mixed bunch!
Funny little groups Non skilled management team Like to drink on many work events till the early hours then get in your car and drive home Making racist comments seems to be an in thing here No line management Products are out of date No training or systems training, jump in the deep end
Pros
Loads of free alcohol
Cons
Don't know what they are doing or saying most of the time
Not a bad job but after a while the phones get stressful.Managers have a lot of favouritism towards certain people and you have to follow strict stat quotas which can be quite stressful.People there are great cannot fault them.Gossip happens all the time.
Pros
Good people
Cons
blatant favouritism
Do not work here if you suffer mental health related problems. Tsys do not care about this, they give the impression they care, but honestly they don’t. Discrimination runs high here in management if you suffer with mental health related issues.
Pros
Good pay, some co-workers are nice. Good building.
Cons
Discriminative management. Can get very busy and overwhelming.
There managers did not offer very good support and were not team players. I feel that if the management team listened more then they would have a more harmonious workforce and be more productive and also hold onto their staff longer.
High expectations with low pay rate for role and location. Shifts - early mornings, late nights and weekends essential. Excellent training. Can't be any debt to work here. Credit & DBS checked.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Global Payments Inc.?
no wonder there is a high turnover of staff. Kept asking ti be shown the live system while on training but kept getting told not enough staff to listen in on the phones to. Management are so rude and sack people without a thought. Training nothing like real on the job
Pros
money
Cons
everything. Stay clear
Most of the people are friendly but within your section you will get that one person who makes your life a misery. Management tend to be young people that dont really help you. You get good training but after that you are expected to be up to speed with everyone else in the department. Wouldn't recommend
The concept of the company is met with ease by the staff working there. I love to work there. The work culture is good. The senior staff is very helpful and supportive more over friendly.
I really enjoyed my time at TSYS. The manager and colleagues were friendly. The work can be tiring at times. Although, you get incentives for the work.
Good company, sales driven, good team spirit, pay is good only if you put the effort to hit targets. Targets are challenging but rewarding when acheived,
Management bully and abuse staff, those they cannot bully they will get rid of or make their life a hard at the workplace. They stop qualified people from progressing and only let people in the click advance which can put morale down. They will not allow days off for things such as funerals or emergencies or you will be marked down as for absences and receive disciplinary's. They say they are mental health trained but many staff complain and have their mental health affected. The HR department does not really help with anything. The regular staff are very good to work with. The company discretely discriminates against other cultures, they do not like individuality. Many people will tell you not to work here, or stay there. Very biased and unprofessional.
It's not the worst place to work but the people are the only thing that tends to keep you there for so long. It can be stressful work depending on your shifts you could have a social life.
The job itself is fun, and a good experience for those looking to further a career in customer service roles. The people are also friendly, however there is a lot of gossip. The downsides of this job is that they dont accept flexible working requests under most circumstances. The management could also be better organised, although this doesnt affect agents in an unbearable way.
I was required to answer calls and help customers with any concerns on there bank accounts. This environment didnt suit my personality and showcase my skills.
A very poor company with an aggressive management setup. Ideas are not welcome and you are made to feel inferior to senior management while being treated like a robot. Terrible - no surprise that turnover of staff is ridiculously high
Management have obvious favourites, and if you're not one of them you will find yourself in and out of meetings, disciplinaries and feedback. The actual workers there are lovely, made it as good as it was. They will say they care about mental health and proactively mention this all the time, but in fact they do not care about it unless they have to pay attention to it. Any time off that breaches points regardless of written off medical or whatever will be puniched.