Global Translation Services

Global Translation Services Employee Reviews

OK job, if you've a lot of free time

Nice job if you know a few languages and like to help people. Unfortunately, it cannot be your full-time job as there are not a lot of demand for translation jobs (depends on your specific language requirements).

Fun

Loved working as an interpreter, challenging and the company was very good at communicating with you which made the job much easier, would definitely recommend this company although I left because there couldn’t give me full time work

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Insights into Global Translation Services

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

No regular work opportunities unfortunately

They do not give regular work. They are really rude whenever I’ve tried to call them, not helpful nor are they accommodating i providing more regular work. I have been employed since November and only had 3 jobs sent via the portal.

Rubbish

I worked for them at the hospital, but they didn’t pay me, they are not good at all. Just robbing people really. Their management is 0. Not professional at all. They making their money using people.☹️

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Little hours

Worst company ever

No customer service at all I worked there and I asked for a reference they refused to help. The idea was to cover a hospital assignment then and call the office regarding the job nobody helps

Pros

Many hours to cover

Cons

Speaking highly of themselves

A typical day is to check your email before anything to see if you have received any email. You need to check the right address if you have already a booking for the day.

Workable and existing place to work

After a few months of working in this company, I can say it is a useful service for people who want to be self employed and for people who have got children.The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing , communicating and meeting with different people; Also the staff resolve problems in a short matter of time with good service, finally the monthly payments are due on time.

Educational experience and confidentiality

Educational and learning process and confidentiality and impartiality all the times in the sector. Responsibility and relationship the hardest part of the job and involve a good time management skills.

Pros

Freelance/ flexibility

Cons

Unspecified hours

Staff is really pushy

I had the "pleasure " of working with them. They pay less than any other agency and the staff working there is really unprofessional and pushy. They were actually forcing you to take a job, even if you would say that you can't do it

work on your own

ok. company if you are willing to work freelance , work hours provided that suits around your own daily circumstances on the other hand may not be suited for employees / staff that are not flexible at times you may need to travel to various locations across Birmingham or out .

Pros

free travel expenses

Cons

less hours of work a week

Overall positive workplace

Staff were very polite and this made for a very good work environment. I learned how to fill in invoices and timesheets. I also learned how to keep documents organised and protected by keeping digital copies and hard copies.

Pros

Friendly staff

dependable staff

The staff at this firm were very reliable and quick to respond to any queries i had, espically on matters such as when and where appointments would take place.

Pros

Great communication

Cons

Not many hours

productive and fun workplace

i had an incredible exprience in the global tranlation service. i had to work 6 hours and no more. i have learned so many thing, for example how make in order the spread sheet, how to upload the appointments of the interpreters of that day or other days. it was not too big the place but it was alright for work. i had lots of help from every staff member and they are really kind. there was not any hard part for the work because i really enjoyed work there. One of the day during work experience a boy came by and he was an italian who wanted to translate his italian results into english for the school. that was really fun because i had to translate it. i enjoyed to work with them.

Very Good Interpreting Compnay

One of the best companies i worked for, very efficent and look after you like your family. The payment is on time, i got nothing to complain. i spoke Romanian, Spanish and was very busy for me.

Pros

Great Staff, Great Assigments

Cons

More Work

active and enjoyable working place

Staffs is nice and well operate, easy to contact for booking information and also create many opportunities to work when possible. The interpreter work supports the development of my clinical existing knowledge and informed customer choice

Agenzia molto professionale

Lavorano in maniera molto organizzata, pagano molto bene

Very nice team

I've interpreeting for them for a few years now. I can pick my own hours, as there are always bookings offered throughout the day. Friendly team, quick service.

Pros

Can pick your hours

Cons

Not standard income as it is freelance

Environnement pas très sain

Expérience mitigée chez GTS : J'ai fait un stage de 3 mois dans cette entreprise, j'étais partie sur 5/6 mois mais ai eu l'occasion de partir plus tôt, heureusement. Peu d'accompagnement par l'équipe dirigeante, une période de mon stage s'est faite avec : 7 autres stagiaires, les 2 patrons et une employée. Abus de stagiaires, non rémunérés bien sûr et envoyés comme des interprètes classiques en mission, sans suivi.

Pros

Confiance rapide pour les missions d'interprétariat

Cons

Aucune rémunération. Comportement à la limite du harcèlement.

V. Professional and straight forward team

V good company. No issues at all. Worked with them for many years. They have strict procedures in place but as long as you are serious in your job as a interpreter then you will have “zero” issues with GTS. Such nice people to work with. Highly recommend

Pros

Professional company

Cons

Nil

Genial

Primera experiencia en el extranjero. Una empresa familiar y muy acogedora.

Really nice company - Aston Birmingham

Working for them as a translator / interpreter. Very helpful team who have given me so much time to help and guide me to the qualifications I need to increase my work with them and development. I really enjoy working with them. Would def recommend. They are very strict with getting all references etc updated when they expire.

Pros

Friendly, honest, helpful team

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Translation Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement