Global Voices

Global Voices: 30 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

worktimegoodpeoplelotcareerglobalvoice

Productive workplace

The company staff was welcoming and gave me information about the nature of the work. I got paid on time and I didn't face any problem. the onlyproblem sometimes was reaching the exact location of the job when

Young and dynamic workplace

Very friendly environment that supports personal growth. The job can sometimes be a bit stressful, but my overall experience was absolutely positive.

Insights into Global Voices

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Ottimo traineeship

Ottimo per fare esperienze nel campo delle aziende di traduzione ed interpretariato

Translation project management: It is a no go!

You will do no translations in that department I'm telling you. It is mainly formatting. Even in Quality Assurance you will just send emails with a template to find proofreaders or do annoying and not at all interesting things for other managers because the QA manager has clearly nothing to make you do. Basically you will become the Global Voices' hole-filler. I left 9 working days after.

turnover elevatissimo, poca imprortanza alle risorse umane

esperienza che mi ha permesso di approcciarmi al mondo del lavoro, per iniziare a capire le dinamiche in azienda

Linguist at GV

We are the Linguist Team at Global Voices, there are about 20 of us and we are recruiting for another 15. Come and join us if you want to improve your language skills with other Linguists. Good place to work and good manager and Operations Director who wants to help people to improve more.

Pros

Great environment for Linguists

Cons

Changing requirements

Good time to join

GV is recruiting lots at the moment especially more experienced people like in the sales team so good time to join if you want to have a fresh new start in the company.

Pros

Growing quickly and progression

Location is amazing

Location of the office is beautiful and surrounded by lakes and mountains and is only short distances away from residential areas but is a 15 minute bus ride from city centre which can be expensive if you don't have a season pass. Amazing to see deer and other wildlife nearby and sometimes in the car park!

Pros

Beautiful office location

Cons

Busses are only every 15 minutes

Good people

Good company to work at and if you stay for longer your salary goes up for being there for longer. Lots of friends and people to meet for a great international experience.

Pros

Great people and pay for people who stay

Cons

Can be long hours sometimes

Best agency for translators

I have done freelancing for 15 years and Global Voices is always a pleasure to work with. They pay on time and are very communicative. Thanks team GV!

Pros

Fast to pay

Great experience to gain

I have been getting great learning experiences since here on internship. Its not like other internship where you make tea for the boss! because you actually get to do things that you wouldn't get in other companies. I learn a lot about finance and how it work so it prepares me for jobs in the UK now.

Pros

Learning experience

Cons

Working hours are rigid

Worst experience ever

The job itself was ok, but unfortunately bad management, a disgraceful salary and extremely high targets don't make it worth it. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this company

Always a good time to do an interpreting job.

When I'm interpreting it's very rewarding and it works really well. I take a public transportation and go to a different place most times. I do what I'm trained to do so I feel very confident. I get to know a lot of people and nice places. The company people in Stirling are very young and not much mature. I've had some issues with mistakes in the financial area and sometimes not very good support. All problems are solved overtime though, but not without stress and anxiety.Very good online interface but very little training.

Pros

Transportation expanses paid, reliable clients

Cons

not many Portuguese/ English clients

Good for a fresh graduate

- Overtime taken for granted by management - Good place where you learn a lot as an junior Project Manager but environment can get toxic after a while - Very little support from line manager who does not provide constructive feedback or act as a positive role model - As a Junior Project Manager, I was given responsibilities early and I was given freedom during work day (no micro management!) - CEO and management approachable and open to discussion - Friendly colleagues in a stunning location in Scotland

Pros

Independence at work

Cons

Long hours taken for granted

Great Company

From a career progression point of view this is the best company where to start your journey. The Team is Amazing and it is great fun to be part of GV.

Opportunity to use translation degree

Work-life balance can sometimes suffer in busy periods. Made lots of friends here and is a really supportive environment. I've been able to use my translation degree quite a lot since I started so makes me feel valued. Management always good with feedback.

Pros

Change to work in a professional translation company

Cons

Can be stressful

Account Manager

I came from Italy to work full time at this company and have enjoyed it. The only bad things so far is the commute because the company is not in the city centre so you do need to get a bus to get there on time in the morning.

Pros

Bonuses make it worth it

Cons

Outside the city center

Made full time after internship

I completed an internship in the operations department and was made full time after finishing the university contract. I'm a full time Project Manager now. The work is hard and sometimes you need to work a bit later for urgent projects but career opportunities make it worth it.

Pros

Promotions for people who work hard

Good company with lots of opportunity for progression

I've been promoted twice since starting 2 years ago. Lots of the comments on here about interns are stretching the truth - the company has 70 full time staff and 15 interns which come from European universities to recruit language skills. It's actually pretty harmless. There's always a few out to try and give a bad name though!

Pros

Breakout area with table tennis and table football etc...

International environment

When you first join you get to manage projects of really big companies like Porsche. Didn't expect translation/interpretation to be so in-depth before I joined.

Pros

Get to work with really big name clients

Great Company with Passion and Atmosphere

Working at Global Voices is a great way to kick start a career in the business world. You work hard but play harder, and I've made some really close international friends along the way.

Pros

Great culture and atmosphere

Cons

Office is a little remote so getting there can be a little annoying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Voices. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement