Gloucestershire County Council logo
Gloucestershire County Council

Gloucestershire County Council Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students grow in confidence and understanding. The hardest part was dealing with upset children.

Total commitment to the pupils and improving their learning strategies and encouraging them to be independent and more confident. A structured timetable was in place which ensured the pupils received the best and consistent support.

Enjoyed my job on a daily basis.

My day was clearly defined with the morning helping teach maths and English.The afternoons either teaching PE or working on the creative curriculum which could of been design and technology, painting, building, papermache or a large art project.I delivered these across all year groups within school.This was the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was having enough time to make sure it was done to the best standard.

Pros

Using my creative abilities.

Lovely

I love working here! Lovely staff, great children and an overall good team at the Rissington school. The staff are welcoming and we all get along great! Can be long hours but all worth it in the end!

Pros

Lovely staff

Cons

Can be long hours

place of excellence for learning

worked for 14 years in a primary setting with changes to staff and children had a great deal of pleasure and job satisfaction made some good friends and grew in both knowledge and self esteem as part of a caring community

Pros

great school dinners

Cons

lots of work done on own time

Challenging and fun

I would arrive at work and talk to the manager about the plans for the day, this would depend on which children we were looking after and what the weather conditions were on that day. Activities included horse riding, reading and playing team games. The hardest part of the job was gaining respect of the young boys as a female. The most enjoyable part was involving myself with the children when playing team games and having general conversations with them. I learnt throughout this job, how lucky I was to have a fortunate upbringing as most of the children were in foster homes.

Pros

Seeing the children happy

Cons

Working with some of the boys who would not take on board advice

Jobs at Gloucestershire County Council