Glow Green Ltd

Glow Green Ltd Employee Reviews

Worked for Glow Green Ltd for 2 months and do not regret joining the company. Supported by my managers. Enjoy going into office/work, not micro managed. Get on well with work colleagues. Relaxed atmosphere in office but you do need to work hard.
Pros
Location near to bus/railway station - good atmosphere.
Cons
Nothing major - just 1 or 2 colleagues but the majority good.
Overall the company is great, new management have been employed which has made a world of difference to the structure of the company.The progression table is great and if you work hard you get recognised for it, glowgreen like to upskill you so you have knowledge of other departments within the company which leads to a better customer experience.This is the company to work for if you want to be part of a company that is going somewhere.They have been great with supporting the work life balance and support employees who are struggling mentally especially during this difficult year. All the reviews go on about long hours but you work full time what do you expect??
Pros
Supportive, structured
Cons
Its nice to be part of a company that is growing during COVID and its feels like its going somewhere. I joined at the best time I believe. Im a Ticket Handler, dealing with engineer remedials from installs, which is radiators not working or customer who need help with the controls. you are busy during the day, but I like it this way as the days go very quick and your feel like you have really archive good things by providing a good customer service. my managers have been very good support and easy to talk with.
Pros
busy and good team.
Cons
nothing as yet
I have been in Customer relations for the last 6 months, I can honestly say its the most exciting role I have taken, feeling more postive about the role the more I learn. Its very fast paced but a great management team who give you the support to succeed. Gaining new skills and good friends along the way. Looking forward to seeing all the next year brings.
Pros
Good Pay and Good mangement support
Cons
must be able to work quickly.
The work is hard, often unrewarding and the expectation upon you as a member of staff is frankly unrealistic. It is not until you start the role that you realise that the company needs to invest in a huge amount of time and effort to improve radically the service they give to their customers, but also how they treat their staff. The work is hard, stressful and if you don't succeed at meeting your targets the management are unforgiving and unaware of just how unachievable they are based on the day to day job. The engineers are unreliable adding to the customer's frustrations, and yet nobody seems to do anything about them. Sadly it is a tense and unhappy atmosphere in the office, Glow Green as a company have much to learn and really need to establish a proper training structure for new staff and not just throw them in the deep end in their busiest times, it does not work, new staff need time to grow into the role so they are prepared for the busiest times of year. Management only care about the targets being met, and if not, they are ruthless and will not try to discuss with staff how to improve this and just flat out prefer to cut your ties with the company.
Pros
A decent salary
Cons
See above review.
I started at Glowgreen approaching 3 weeks ago now, i've been welcomed by all staff and have slotted in perfectly into my account manager role. Workplace culture is good but with many working from home I feel we're missing many lively characters in the office so i'm sure it'll get even better. Having known very little about boilers this time last month I was apprehensive regarding my ability to sell boilers to customers however the 2 day training crash course initially was great and set me up perfectly. The call listening with senior members of staff prepared me for the everyday expectations of the job and gave me a good feeling about how I may fare in the role. I wouldn't class myself as the best salesman but in my first couple weeks I secured well over 30 boiler sales so the training certainly paid off in someway. The salary and benefits are favourable, the hours may seem long to some however i'm used to extensive hours in previous positions. The interview process was smooth also, I had originally applied for a customer service role but my interviewers saw potential in me for the account manager position and after hearing more about the position i rolled with it and its got me here. Overall very happy so far, sales has it's good and bad days but it's certainly exciting and refreshing to enjoy going into the workplace. Couldn't recommend a better company to come and work for particularly amidst the uncertainty many will find themselves in with Covid about, Glowgreen are on the up and it's great to be on board.
Pros
Pay, culture, training
Cons
working the odd weekend
Started as a Account Manager and first month achieved a fair result, better then I expected. Next month expecting to hit top tier, this is one of the best paid roles I've had out of 3 high end sales roles Ive had in Bournemouth. Its a fun product to sale and good to get in early in the UK Green energy / products demand. Training is very good and detailed and completed in just over a week. Looking forward to going on a journey with GG.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
Fast Pace
Fast paced position. You certainly get out what you put in. There is plenty of opportunity to close business here and earn some decent commission as long as you put in the effort. The hours are long but when the day is done - it's done. You won't be taking your work home with you. Training and support is spot on and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a sales opportunity. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and dial and you'll be alright.
Was not sure about the job at first due to the team i was on, however since a change of how we worked and team its been brilliant. Really good salary and work nights out before Covid, also my line managers are helpful and approachable. You have to speak to the odd angry customer but thats part of the job, long hours but dont have to work every weekend like in prevois roles, all in all a great company to work for and i have moved up the ladder and had pay increases.
Pros
Good pay, promotion, good managers, most weekends off.
Cons
In general I think Glow Green has the potential to be something really great. It is undergoing a tremendous period of growth and expansion right now, but I cannot help feeling that it is not handling the growth as well as it could, as it seems unprepared. My individual role, whilst it is not complicated, I do feel that Glow Green has a severe lack of a training programme to enable new starters to flourish in their new role. Too often I find myself under immense pressure and feel as if I am floundering in the dark as I have not the knowledge of how to successfully do my job. I feel as if I have been thrown in at the deep end and do not have the necessary skills to complete my role as fully as I should. I believe Glow Green needs to really invest in a proper training programme for their new starters and not just expect them to be equipped and ready to do their job in a matter of a couple of days, unfortunately we all learn at a different pace, whilst some may pick up the role quickly, others do not. It takes time for new employees to develop the skill set required for a new role and often ongoing training and support is needed. I understand that this is a very busy time of year for the business and perhaps with that in mind, maybe now was not the wisest time to embark on such a recruitment drive, but maybe earlier in the year would have been better to give new starters a chance to settle in their new role ready for the busy period.
Pros
Work from home and a good starting salary, nice hours.
Cons
Really I have detailed my opinion on this above, those are the cons.
During my time with Glowgreen there has been a system overhaul as such, working on aftercare can be a struggle with senior members of the team and management not working as a team and leaning on others a bit too much. Overall I have learned a lot about the workings of a boiler and legal requirements. There has been little in the way of progression within the company, so cannot too much on advancement, however it appears a more flat hierarchy with little advancement options.
Pros
Work from home (at the moment)
Cons
A lot of pressure, little recognition
I haven't worked at GlowGreen long, but in the short time I have been here, It has been a nice place to work. My colleagues are friendly, and have always been happy to offer a hand, understanding that i'm still learning the role. Lots of room for progression, with the rate of growth at GlowGreen, there are some really exciting opportunities for people coming up.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Saturday Working
The job is very clear and you can focus. The company is young and ongoing training would be good. Having 3 sources of communication can be too much at times, for example you could be on the phone and then receive a call or message via genysys which can be distracting. I think it could be helpful to have virtual teams ie a sales person , a tech person , a customer service person and a finance person, within a fixed team you get to know someone well and you can ask one person specific questions. Senior staff do not always respond, may be because they are busy. However a lack of response leaves you wondering and less inclined to communicate in the future.
Pros
Home working can be good
Cons
Long hours and high commitment expectations
Before i started at Glow green, i was in a bit of a tough financial situation, which was causing a lot frustration and anxiety in my professional and personal life.I was referred to glow green by two different individuals who i had previously worked with at other companies and had gotten along well with, so i figured it was worth a try.I applied for an account manager position and before long was invited to an interview with the director, shortly after i was invited to start at glow green where I was given a crash course on boilers before being assigned to an existing account manager who then talked me through the process of quoting a customer via the crm and arranging for a finance application and installation on behalf of the customer.I learned an awful lot in a short period of time and initially the amount of information i was being given was a little bit daunting, but there was always a supervisor or manager around to help me if i was unsure of anything, so within a few weeks i was familiar with the the products we offer and how to process an order. After about 5-6 weeks i was regularly meeting targets set out by management and was even approaching the top of the leader board with regards to sales, so i was informed that i had passed the probation period early. Passing the probation period early gave me an extra sense of job security and also made me feel like my work was being appreciated in a time where for a lot of people, job security simply isn't there.Since starting at glow green, I have managed to earn enough money to significantly reduce my debts whilst - more...
Pros
Free social events (pre ppandemic) company drinks etc
Cons
occasionally have to work on a Saturday but not very often
Huge workload, long hours. Good staff nights out. The pace of work is exhausting, you create your own teams. As Glow Green is a team effort not confined to your specific job title.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
nice people to work with a really fun atmosphere. im in the sales department and was worried to join at first as I know nothing about boilers. The training was the best sales / tech training I have had in 10 year experience teaching me all I need to know about boilers and their products. Fantastic system they have made to, feels like GG are really going to be the UK biggest boiler company going with their UW partnership.
Pros
Good training and people I work with
Cons
fast paced
been working for Glow Green / Utility Warehouse for 6 months selling boilers, smart homes controls and Air con. Great place to work, MD is really driven and supportive to get the best out of the sales team, which helps me increase my own sales and ££ Lots of new projects starting and proud to be a part of GG!
Pros
supportive MD
Cons
nothing
Really exciting the growth the company is going on with the Utility Warehouse partnership with new boilers, Smart home and air con. Looking forward to having a long term role and being part of the growth that is now coming Smart office, though I am working from home. Bonus is great and really supportive Management
Pros
Great pay and management
Cons
wish they had a coffee machine
Been at GG 2 months now and must say its a great job! really like the role and the software you work from Management are really supportive and if like me you are in the top band of sales your commission earning are fantastic Hopefully be with GG many years to come.
Pros
commission earnings
Cons
nothing
don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths you are on a zero hours contract . Jobs come through on ipad and if not there on the system you have to ring and they send you job and by the time you get the boiler it can be 12.00 before start . They get you to do recalls on other engineers work as customer complaints are high.MD is only young and in my opinion not experienced. Company looks flash but are a second rate company offering the customers the world
Pros
I love working for this company Sadly it’s hard to get a response back to questions etc at times but it’s good to be autonomous and through the portal system I choose when I want to work and can book off as much time as I want
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No one replies to questions
  1. Employee reviews