Glyn Hopkin Limited

Glyn Hopkin Limited Employee Reviews

Wasnt to bad working for them, the traveling was stressful and you had to pay to park as no option to park on site, wages werent to bad, but the call center was run well. Staff had their own groups and wasnt really intrested in you unless you was in their group
Pros
Calm work life, long hours infront of a screen
Cons
Constant complaints from customers
It’s a tough company to go far in , all the MD’s are there to stay and cracking the whip!! Don’t get me wrong there are some great and I mean great people that work there , most of the call centre staff are great and pretty much all the techs that have worked for me are awesome!!
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Long hours stressful
Glyn Hopkin is a great company to work for, very fair, competitive bonus structure if you are keen to work hard and put the effort in. Happy environment in your branches and amongst your colleges
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Worked as a parts advisor for 2.5 years, was stressful at times but that's the motor trade, Pay could have been better but wasn't rubbish. Great bunch.
this company really struggles with the running its like chaos absolutely no management what so ever, would advise to stay away look elsewhere you dont get treated with respect
Enjoyable but stressfull. Hours are long. Job is varied. The pay is good and on the whole Glyn Hopkin was a fairly good employer. Hardest part of the job was getting it right first time.
Best part not working weekends You will work through your lunch break unpaid make sure you have a back bone!! If hard worker don't apply here only if you are lazy your face will fit
it is a Good start point but would not stay there for longer than end of my apprenticeship as company is unsorted and would personally chance so many things
Pros
1h lunch
Cons
no overtimes
Long hours , good staff , low pay , good commission , good management , free company car , reasonable lunch time allowance , free coffee. Overall I can’t complain about the staff but the company it self is very unorganised . The work to life Balance is awful as you will be required to work such long hours. I only left because sales isn’t for everyone .
Pros
Company car, management, lunch times, location, free coffee
Cons
Long hours, boring, unorganised, hard to earn commission.
You get good and bad days here like in any job. People here are good to work with and make you feel part of the team. Hours are normal for this trade and there is plenty of chance to progress your career.
Pros
Atmosphere, career development, pay and a feel of belonging
Cons
Compact work space
Poorly run at the time of my employment. Lack of staff or even replacing them wasnt an urgency. Although taking this in my stride it would have been nice to be given a day off. No overally a busy site but this was a few years ago. Hopefully its changed with new management
Poor work ethic within the business. Overtime forced. Like a military operation. No consideration for employees on an individual level. Only focused on figures. High employee turnover.
I have spent most of my career at Glyn Hopkin and have learned a lot of sales skills. A lot of my finance training was provided too. I would recommend a starter in this field for this company.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Earnings
Manager belittled me everyday, screamed in my face in front of everyone, called me pathetic and useless among other things. Upper management couldn't care less about their staff. HR are useless. only good thing are your co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management, long hours, high staff turnover
Not exactly the best company to work for, accounts gets all the blame and they treat you like dirt, all the directors think they are a king, if you ask me its a good place to start but dont stay there
Pros
good accounts manager
Cons
not a good management and almost no HR
Excellent place to work, fun & friendly, sociable. Excellent team spirit and constant training to keep up with standards. Always willing to help each other.
Had very poor employment experience with this company they don’t look great staff. Poor communication and support from senior management. Very typical dealership culture and not afraid to embrace it neither. It’s all about volume and unfortunately staff are very much made to feel like they are expendable.
Pros
Bonus scheme
Cons
Management and organisation structure
very good staff and nice place to work. staff are helpful and you will learn a lot that goes well in life. money is good when you ht the numbers and you will be taking home a lot of money
Pros
good money
Cons
Glyn Hopkin employed me to Launch a Nissan Taxi for London when it fell through I was offered another position within the Group.Glyn Hopkin Group are a Multi franchise dealer Group covering Nissan, Renault,Fiat and Mitsubishi.
Pros
Company Car and Medical Insurance
Cons
Long Hours
Fantastic atmosphere, Day at work would consist of looking after customer finding the right car for them also getting cars ready for customer collection of there new vehicle.
Great team at Colchester, good training. Communication between managers and directors could be improved. The technicians are all Nissan trained and are good to work with.