Go-Ahead London

Go-Ahead London Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Okay but very very high pressure for work

Great pay however long hours and very hard work but if you enjoy fast pace then you will get on alright the buses have awful body work so bear that in mind but mechanically they are not to bad

Pros

Free travel high wages

Cons

Long hours not very good management

Not a good place to work if you have children

Being a bus driver is a good job because of the pay and benefits but the work/home balance is not good for a family person because of the different shift patterns e.g earlys, middles and lates. For that reason I chose to stop working there.

Pros

Health care benefits

Cons

Long hours and shift work

you are a number

when you start working for GAL you get given an employee number, and that's what you are for them (management), if there's a problem or you need anything, they will just call the next number in the queue. you can earn some extra money, as you end up working between 40/50 hours per week. based on a 40 h week, you can get the same money working in a pub.

Good company

Fair place to work. Lots of stress from passengers and other road users but the company itself is great. Management supports you if you are open and honest with them. I had to leave due to relocating and I really miss working there. Pay is low for new drivers so you have to work overtime to break even. There's almost always overtime available.

Pros

Free travel in London

Cons

Long hours and poor pay

Ok work place.

Company only think of themselves an the company pocket. The director an managers are happy to push the lower end staff like myself on the front line to make them the money but not willing to sort us when things happen. They put up the wage per hour but then lower the hours u work on duty so u loose and they win. Drivers can’t or don’t get the luxury to work from home but management collect big wage package an never have to face what we face on a daily basis.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Your are jus a number to them.

Family life balance

Will pay fairly well but not a good work and life balance. Alot of weekends work and work until very early hours of morning. Always felt tired even on days off

Literally a Number

They don’t pay that well in certain areas and your literally just a number. If you like the idea of not having a life and being under valued then this is the job for you. If you loss a relative they don’t care at all they just want you back at work and your only allowed 3days max to grieve. This is a very very scummy company where there priority is Milage to make the company money and for management to receive a bonus

friendly atmosphere

My typical day at work is very normal it has its usual ups and downs. The salary for my job is not much but its bearable. I have gained experience to communicate with passengers, how to help and guide passengers and how to deal with stressful situations.

Pros

There isn't pressure

Good place to work, and great team of people.

Enjoyed working there for many years, great people who I worked with, good benefits like free travel and the ability to change shifts with other employees.

Pros

Free travel on buses, tube and trams.

Cons

Some long hours and shifts that finished after 2am.

Go Ahead is a very good company to work for. I’ve learnt how to be a professional driver by being patient and helping customers get to their intended destinations.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long

Jobs at Go-Ahead London

See more jobs

You become your own boss when on the road

a good job but traveling from East Sussex to orpington everyday puts 3 hours on travelling time, would prefer job nearer home. Im not afraid of hard work and love dealing with rowdy customers by calming them down with soft kind words and plenty of smiles.

Pros

plenty of time to yourself

Cons

hours are quite long

Excellent service

It is great to work with go ahead. There jobs and routes are good. Pay ok service is excellent. I have learnt a lot working at this company. The hours they give are good.

Enjoyable rewarding

Had no problems at all! Just needed more flexibility! Good opportunity for moving up promotion etc and also company benefits free travel shares and a good pension but overall not very conducive to family or social life

Pros

Free travel

Cons

Unsociable hours

Rail replacement Driver

Well paid easy work, when the work is there its the best paid job around, i worked flat out last year and earned double what i would earn doing service work thats with me turning work away on the last month to keep under 40% bracket/

Pros

well paid and weekly

Cons

zero hour

Good work place

Driving,checking vehicle & customer service route planning working on my own as well as in a team to run a good and efficient service. Hours are long sometimes but you get them back with a short week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go-Ahead London. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement