Go Plant Fleet Services
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

Go Plant Fleet Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews

drivermoneybadlongyearhourmanagermanagement

Okay place to work most of the time

Initially a good place to work ,however there was sometimes a bullying culture within management ,which led some people to leave. A lack of equipment and a decline in the amount of work available made things difficult.

Pros

8 hour shift, good holiday allowance.

Cons

Lack of equipment

Employee/ driver

In a nut shell the money is good, the working week is long at 50 hour that the planning office have control over.50 hour over a seven day period.Makes home life difficult at times.Can’t really make plans with the family.Vehicle repairs when done are to a high standard but workshop staff are stressed due to work loads and lack of staff.Office changes the rules daily and twists the truth to suit themselves.Customer relationships are good but sometimes you are forced to leave a all day job a customer has paid for to go do a extra job, then return and lie where you have been. But the frontline staff who are on site are great and generally keep the company running

Pros

Wages, work mates

Cons

Long hours and porkie pies

Insights into Go Plant Fleet Services

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Stressful with little rewards

I could write a long lengthy review but instead I'll make it short. Very stressful environment not enough hours in the day to complete your work. Too much pressure and no recognition for the hard work you do. Pay rises non existent, look elsewhere for more reward and recognition.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Too much work with no benefits.

Unprofessional

Thought I was going into a secure job was there for about 5 month, was giving 3 days notice that we were all losing our jobs, some guys had literally left jobs to join Go plant a couple weeks earlier, very unprofessional!

Pros

Pay

Terrible !

If I could award them a -☆ I would. Stay away, this company is the worst run company I have ever worked for, ditto. They promise you the world, non of the promises come into fruition, all lies. Each year you expect things to get better and they just get's worse. The management don't know what they're doing and the company don't value their staff. The 'Wowness' factor doesn't actually exist it's an urban myth. I left the company and now have a job where I'm valued and treated with respect by my employer.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, no salary rise, no respect for employees

Don’t work for them

As above, you give everything and they expect more.Work life balance is non existent.They Promise every you every thing and give nothing.No training and no investment in moving you forward.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Long hours and depressing

Not a fun place to work

Worst depot I've worked at,office staff push you all the time put 12 to 16 jobs on you so your under pressure all the time.than they lie to you and the customers aswell than us drivers get it in the neck from customers my advice KEEP WELL AWAY...

Pros

Take wagon home

Cons

Long hours and lie to

Poor management and communication

Poorly managed and no communication. No one cares what happens from day to day until it goes wrong then it turns into a blame game. Lots of mismanagement and people doing jobs they are not capable of doing. Lorries are beyond there time and spend most days broken down then management don’t want to repair the lorries or argue about cost.

Avoid

Constantly cutting corners to save money, no interest in getting work then losing work then complaining the depots making no money, threatening to not pay you your contracted 50 hours if you don’t comply with extra jobs, putting jobs on you when your on an all day job so your upsetting a customer one way or another, place needs a serious shake up other wise it’ll be non existent, also constantly going on about saving fuel when theres hardly any in the yard so have to fill up both fuel tanks at truck stops services etc wants to save fuel with better planning but crosses drivers over, ignoring customers requests for certain drivers on their jobs and getting given some poor excuses.

Pros

Decent money and trucks

Cons

Management And planning

Easy going manage your own time

Easy class 2 job no tachometer hours to worry about jobs sent to phone in morning allocated own truck weekly pay easy to communicate with officeDecent hours good work live balance

Pros

Good equipment and backup Weekly pay decent hours

Avoid!

Working for Go Plant was an eye opener that's for sure. Working within a toxic management environment is no fun at all. Everyone is just looking out for themselves and have their own agendas. I was working in a job and was given very little training, management had no sense of direction. Working long hours with no recognition for the work you do.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad management, no training.

Stay away worst run company

Stay away this company is the worst run company I have ever worked for manager not a clue .hire controllers no experience.fellow drivers can't trust it's just a terrible company . work the sites are never shared around with other drivers and the work is never appreciated and they don't care about there staff customer is always right never asking staff there side of a problem just no experience from the top and expect you to do the impossible also terrible equipment all old trucks always breaking down STAY AWAY

Pros

There is nothing good about this company

Cons

A complete shambles of a company and it starts at the top and filters down

Opportunities if wanted

Iv worked for go plant over 2 years now and I have seen a massive change in the company since iv started it was always a enjoyable place to work but was abit unorganised but they have been improving massively. You can tell the management has been trying as it feels like a different company from when I started. Lots of opportunities for the ones willing to put in the extra effort. The hours can be long but the money is worth it. If you have a good/positive attitude I'd recommend you join but if you only want to join as you've heard the ways of the old go plant style of work, of going home early and putting in minimum effect then go plant is definitely not for you.

Pros

Money

Rewarding

I have worked for the company for 7 years and have seen many changes. The Management we have in place is the best I have known. I feel supported in my work, they are creating a culture of trust for our customers and our employees. I feel valued and also challenged to progress and continue to develop myself, my colleagues and our customers. It's a fast paced environment and with support from our nationwide depots, our management and support services we are offering a first class service.

Pros

Supportive environment from Management to depot level

Worse place I worked

Very bad management don’t listen very old trucks workshop never aloud to fix as very low budget losing work due to keep letting them down management never answer the phone when u need them keep saying things going to change but never do full of empty promises don’t work there trust it bad very bad

Pros

None at all

Cons

Everything they say is

Stress working

Very stressful and dump you when it suits them the office controllers are two faced and stab you in the back . Overall not a nice inviting atmosphere and place to work.

Pros

Cons

Lot’s

Lack of communication and leadership.

A outstanding company to work for at the start of employment,but soon went downhill when a change of management was introduced. A driver was made up to fill this position that is not qualified and has no relevant experience as a manager and has turned the branch upside-down for the worst. Promises everything and delivers absolutely nothing. Your pay is usually wrong,cutting costs and the customer's short all the time,sure he is just obeying orders from his superiors ,but basically running the depot into the ground.If you have any sense and want to drive a road sweeper drive one for a different company.

Pros

Take you truck home, new trucks.

Cons

No communication and lack of management.

Fun workplace only due to who worked there when I was serving my sentence

Not a bad company only do to who I worked with now. It's a horrible place to work because of management But over all I learnt a tonneEvery Friday was a takeaway Easy money

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Bad management

Would no recommend it

Bristol depot has gone down hill rapidly within the last few months. Went from being a good job to being one of the worst. Pay regularly short. Managers attitude is unacceptable at times. Will do anything to save a buck. 6 drivers and a manager has left within the last 2 months. not including the drivers that was made redundant. The job will seem great in the beginning. After a few weeks you will change your mind. Drivers finishing regularly. Dead end job. Make your decision wisely.

Pros

Cons

Long hours for little pay.

Don't do it !

All good at first, then after a week all goes downhill, long hours expected. Biggest customer rip off merchants around .Management need people skills. Training is non existent even when offered.

Pros

Take truck home

Cons

Long hours. No support. Bad money even after promising bonus.

Currently working out based from Rochester

Have been with GoPlant for about a yearMoney has improved drastically with good revenue bonuses if you are willing to get your head down and push on with your work£750-£850 take home if you work for itManagement are approachable and the workshop team are second to noneWe do have older trucks however they do work well

Pros

Good earnings

Cons

None really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Plant Fleet Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Go Plant Fleet Services with

Learn about Go Plant Fleet Services in popular locations

• Go Plant Fleet Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?