Goldcrest Guarding Security Services

Goldcrest Guarding Security Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

Work place

I worked for Goldcrest for 3 yrs .Loved my job management was very fare and supported workers where needed.Work colleagues some where great and excellent to work with.Id love to come back but I would only go to one site only cause it was amazing and the company and staff there were brilliant.Over all great company if you do your job .

Pros

Hours are there if willing to work

Cons

Money could be better

Not gold, maybe aluminum

This company sometimes employs people for an indefinite period of time on new contracts to fill positions related to it. However, as soon as the contract is terminated, employees rarely get new positions. Lack of communication if the employee initiates is unacceptable. The company maintains sites that a serious company would not undertake.For example, I spent the breaks between patrols in the storage called a “rest room”where our companions were mice, the room was dirty and musty, we were five at 12 m² at the time of the corona virus where we were not even provided with a mask and test.You will receive a minimum hourly wage if you work here, the supervisors get 20 pence more, so then the Christmas gift extracted from your work is ridicuolus.Avoid this company, don't even think about working with them!

Pros

I would have a hard time saying anything

Cons

Lack of respect and communication.

To many people wanting to be boss

Never had problem with management or getting time off just had problem with people trying to be the boss and push people out of company so they can have their friends work with them if not for people like them a good company but not the best work life balance

Pros

Fortnight pay good night supervisor

Cons

Not appreciated for all you do

Productive and fun work place

I started with big hope and ended with big achievement. Management is very cooperative , organised, strict with rules and regulations, nice and timely pay, colleagues are very friendly, for me no hard part. Everything was enjoyable during my work period.A great company to work for good workers.

Pros

Stress free work place

Cons

Every little thing is counted

Goldcrest is a great place to work

I have worked for Goldcrest since beginning March (5 months to date). I have my own area where I work but since lockdown have been placed at another area with regular hours 60+. I work day shifts and enjoy being front of house greeting staff members and the occasional customer. My role is about being polite, offer to help where possible and smile. Goldcrest are always ensuring everyone gets their shifts a week early and if any problems they are amended. I have not met the director of Goldcrest only spoken via phone or email. I would like to meet the director as he can then see what I look like and match me to appropriate jobs which match my appearance. All in all I really feel settled and I really enjoy working for Goldcrest.

Pros

Friendly and helpful

Cons

Salary could be better

Good

Good company to work for but lacks communication, will always check call you if you miss a check call to make sure your safe whilst at work. Boss is a nice person

Good company, no major issues.

the company on the whole are a good company to work for, fortnightly pay which to date has always been correct and on time. Management/supervisors have always had time for any issues reported and have resolved them maybe not imminently but in a reasonable time. As with any security job the hours can be long and tiring, however have never had an issue when needing a day off for any particular reason as long as fair warning is given. Overall good company, i have person left and returned on more than 1 occasion, which has to say something. small and close run company. with more than enough work for reliable staff.

Pros

fair and approachable management, fortnightly pay.

Cons

long hours, travel distances (more of an industry con rather than company specific)

A fair company

I Worked for this company sept 2018 right up till i left Feb 2019 , I had no issues really plenty of work , some awesome sites i enjoyed Working on , people i worked with were great , management were Good , good boss , excellent mobile supervisors , loved the fortnightly Pay , only issue i ever had was the same as all security company's Were the moaners , but you can't please everyone can you. I SHALL BE BACK ONE DAY.

Pros

fortnightly pay

Cons

the whingers

One of the worst security companies

I have worked security for 20 years so know the hours are long etc but this company make you work as much as they can, different locations with no training. If you leave the company they deduct money from your wages and charge you for the uniform even though I took mine back, they said I had one extra pair of trousers so billed me. I will never work for this company again and the fortnightly pay is definitely bad.

Pros

Cons

Pay and hours

Intimidation and favoritism

Have worked for this company and they cheat the staff and lie and supervisors have favourites so you don't get any help or support. They take money from wages for no reason and the boss is a bully and very rude. Not really a proper company as don't have own control room and use another company who always ring you if 1 minute late and treat you like dirt. Very racist and very horrible to work for and tell you that you must work even on day off.

Jobs at Goldcrest Guarding Security Services

See more jobs

Good company to work for

Have worked for Goldcrest for over five years and they are very good company to work for. Always well treated and always plenty of hours to work if wanted. They are a professional company with good sites to work on.

Back to back shifts

The boss lies Horrible hours and always tells you last minute when you have to work. .

Pros

Good people to talk to

Cons

Back to back shifts

Goldcrest is a good company to work for

i enjoyed my time at Goldcrest the boss was good. If i could go back i would.I would patrol buildings make check calls. i loved working with the companies whos buildings i was working on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldcrest Guarding Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Goldcrest Guarding Security Services Reviews by Job Title

Goldcrest Guarding Security Services reviews by location

Learn about Goldcrest Guarding Security Services in popular locations

• Goldcrest Guarding Security Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?