Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom114 reviews

Found 114 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,925 reviews

Best training very good pay opportunity for promotion no work /life ballance

They are the best at what they do they want the best and you have to be the best work comes first with their pay. The problem is you will have an unbalanced life. It's all about work and reputation. This is not a bad thing but you never feel like you are off the clock.Your experience will depend on the people around you everybody is high performing so working harder and smarter Is a given. The question is are you ready to sacrifice tour personal time and by how much. No question they are the best at what they do and they will pay you more and you will.work much more

Great place to start your career

Fast paced but you will be working with the smartest people in the industry. I started my career there and have learnt many soft and hard skills that have helped me in my career thus far.

Pros

Great pay

Excellent work ethics

Fantastic place to work, one of my favourites.Great management and team member’s in all departments. It’s the most faced place environment that anyone could ever experience but it keeps you on your toes. You need to thrive on stress otherwise the job is not for you.

Pros

Staff subsidies food canteen and gym onsite

Cons

Short breaks

Stressful and inufriating, but a nice pension plan (if you make it to 65)

Worked on the Marcus platform at Goldman Sachs. Micromanagement was dominant in my time there. I ended up feeling very unhappy with my life and I believe this was due to a lack of autonomy and being criticised for things such as taking toilet breaks. After leaving I had no job but felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Now life is far more enjoyable again and I feel like I have my happiness/personality back. Avoid like the plague, even if the name / salary package is tempting.

Pros

12% Pension

Cons

Micromanagement + suppresive culture

Its a highly professional company filled with great people and a wonderful work culture

My brief time spent working in the HCM division at GS was my most amazing work experience that is because I worked in a company with a culturally diverse workforce that has industry best practice. Unfortunately, I spent only 7 weeks at GS because I was on a student visa which was to expire soon.

Pros

Industry best practice

Contract

I was working with GS as a contractor Overall the experience was great, they have called me back several times as they needed more help hence the time overlaps with my other jobs. I would recommend IT Engineer or Customer Engineer to work there.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work is fun, productive and very challenging. I learned professionalism about my profession. The management is very fantastic and help me in developing in my career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working relationship with colleagues and the management.

Needs an update

Could be great - good brand, great benefits, challenging roles. There is a huge room for innovation/improvements, but the mindset is outdated. While it is understandable that the business is reluctant to change ways of working due to the high number of constraints financial markets have, the struggle comes from colleagues - many coming out of big universities, which have worked there the whole life and are completely unaware of what is happening outside. Meanwhile the rest of the world moves on...

Fast-paced company

They emphasized a lot of networking and socializing with people. I love the environment and would recommend to anyone would love challenges and problem-solving.

Providing front of house corporate security to clients and customers in a relaxed environment, performing fire safety checks, and ensuring all emergency life support equipment is on good working order

Just not all it seemed

Was extremely excited about working here, training was absolutely brilliant. Enough time was given for all the information and the trainers were hands down the best part about it. I wish I could say the same about the management. If you would like to go into a company where all management have clear favourites this is the place for you. For a professional company as this the management really does not come up to scratch.

Pros

Great pay, amazing agents

Cons

Poor management

Good

Monitoring and reporting on coverage team performance, with a variety of key KPI metrics; Assisted with modelling of pricing quotes, rosters and RSAs;

Great Opportunities to Learn

A dynamic and sometimes challenging place to work with great opportunities for learning and dedicated people who go the extra mile to deliver well as a team. Fantastic employee benefits but you will work heard to earn them.

Positive and Enjoyable workplace

A typical day is busy but learning a steady approach to work ensured a high standard work. Management are relaxed and give us the freedom to use our best judgement in the delivery of tasks. The work place culture was of customer service. The hardest part of the job was the weekend works and the night shift, as it was hard finding time to spend with friends and family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom and control I have in the decision making about the Loading bay affairs and then the people around me. we all work together as a team for a common goal to deliver a quality service for our client.

Terrible Culture

If you want to work somewhere where no one speaks to you informally, everyone spends 12 hours a day in meetings or staring at their screen, and there is an overly competitive work culture - go ahead

Best security job i ever had

Professional high standard, pay well ,enough time off best in the industry wish I'd never left , but contract had changed to ISS and new company resented what we earned and wanted it cut, they're not happy guards earning more than managers but Goldman's run the contract so they had to Do as they were told ,Goldman's good company ISS not so much.

Well productive

Is one of most enjoyable place from security to the top management. The work culture is good. They have work class people in the office. Nice working plce.

experience enrichissante

pour mon stage en finance j'ai vraiment appris pour le peu de temps que je suis rester je recommande foretement pour le front office .

Good working Enviroment

Friendly, motivating & challenging. working in a fast paced enviroment. Client confidentiality/discretion. A fantastic learning curve with one of worlds leading companies.

Best company in the world

Goldman Sachs is a great company, it rewards innovation, hard work, team work and all ideas. It hires highly motivated individuals and although the hours can be long the time is rewarding. The best aspect of working at Goldman Sachs are the individuals that you work with.

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

Not enough hours in the day

Challenging and good work place

Good working environment Management and culture but not much of a work-life balance, I learnt a lot and enjoyed my time with the company. Team environment was positive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement