Goldstar Transport Ltd

Goldstar Transport Ltd Employee Reviews

Promised the earth

Profit before health during covid.shambles would be a compliment.no sick pay,no extra for overtime and very clicky.some supervisors on silly money and do very little.would never return.

Pros

Zero

Cons

List endless

Work hard

Some early starts and sometimes a very long day can be exhausting by end of the day ,the operator sometimes forgets there's another human being drivering and not a robot.

Pros

Good money, paid weekly

Stressful

Not very organized,bad management,lack of respect for the drivers,push push policy from the operators and managers make the job stressful and not enjoyable

Pros

Salary

Good overall

Typical Container work reasonable salary overall. Decent lads . Vechiles on days were a bit long in the tooth but serviceable. I think it is overall a yes to work for .Probably worse criticism is the yard at Leeds.

Pros

Salary guarantee

Cons

If in doubt blame the driver

Late leaving and arrival due to no paperwork, blame the driver.Truck fault found during daily checks, blame the driver.Truck breaks down on route, blame the driver.

Pros

Cons

Not a good job

Easy day

Typical day 6.00 am start dock runs . 12.00 hour days on average .sometimes longer .but ifs a very easy job for your money . But you have to watch your back all the time with the backstabbing .

Pros

Own truck

Cons

Tramping

Do Not Work Here

no work/life balance, no respect for drivers, no co-op from managers, 13 to 15+ hrs days, the company is quite willing to risk your license as well has you health to get the job done. They care nothing for you and your family needs, whether that is doc/dentist/family/children/death in family/appointment, anytime off for these must be put down as holiday request, and will only be approve if no one else is taking time off. There is nothing about this company that has anything good to say about it. Very high turnover of drivers... Broken promises. Planner in Wakefield rule the roost.....

Busy Productive Workplace

Good place to work with nice colleagues within a busy haulage environment, very in-depth structure who is focused more on overall company success as opposed to overall individual achievements.

Office staff have their favourites

Typically you start with empty container go to quay collect yours and go and deliver it. You may need to repeat and do second run then swap empty container for full for the day man. Management have their favourites which is not good although most of the drivers are great. To work with when and if you see them. The hardest part is the long hours your have to do sometimes but sometimes you could finish after 8 hours.

Excellent company

Excellent company sad I left great management team I spent 17 years of my working life here I worked at the tilbury depot and worked with a very loyal likeable team

Jobs at Goldstar Transport Ltd

See more jobs

Long hours and lack of respect.

I enjoyed working for this company, however the attitude of some of the office staff made it less enjoyable. After a long run with many delays, they still expected you to do more.

Pros

Good money.

Cons

Long hours, frequent vehicle changes, nit picking.

Was a good job

Over the last 12 months a don't care attitude about there drivers has emerged, if you don't like it there is an agency driver that will do it. most of the controllers seem to have just left school and have no conseption of distance or time. There also seems to be so menny manager's that also keep changing. As I said this was a good company to work for but has it has got bigger it has lost its way

Pros

Not bad money.

Cons

Love to use foreign drivers

Not bad all things said and done

Somewhat juvenile traffic operators, who don’t often see the bigger picture/work with you. Management will remove an operator without manners! Lots of different shifts available, of which are well paid compared to other companies offering similar. Tramping fleet quite aged but being replaced from March 19.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Juvenile traffic operators

Pretty Poor

£8.10 an hour,(McDonalds pay £8.30) To earn a decent wage you need to do 70+ hours a week and get the nights out, which can be difficult. Like to start you early on a Monday and finish you late on a Friday. Some of the planners/operator's view drivers as a disposable commodity and will happily try and run you over you're hours. Some of the planning is just awful. If there are any problems (these happen daily) the driver will be blamed. The management seam to be apathetic to the problems that the drivers have on a daily basis. The facilities at the depots (for the drivers) are , at best, poor. Modern fleet? They are still running 62 plates at some of the depots. As a company they talk about how they value the drivers, they're actions say otherwise which is why the turnover of drivers is so high. Many of the current drivers are actively looking elsewhere. Dealing daily with incompetent planning is very stressful and un necessary but this has been reported to management many times with zero effect . I could go on but this is depressing me.

Pros

it's not Maritime

Cons

It's not UNI truck

Poor planning, long hours, undervalued drivers

The job itself would be very good if, planning was a lot better. A combination of poor planning and poor management often resulting in long unnecessary days. Management fail to listen any issues put forward by drivers, hence the high staff turnover.

Pros

Company uniform, fairly good vehicles.

Cons

Poor management, poor planning, drivers not valued enough.

“It’s Haulage Jim but not as we know it”

Goldstar is an excellent company to work for, I have been employed by them for over four years and in that time I have come to know a few of the staff on a personal level. I have a great working relationship with my traffic office staff and any issues that arise regarding the job are listened to and dealt with accordingly. We have a modern fleet of trucks that are comfortable to live in throughout the week. Job wise there is a variety of positions from days, nights and tramping etc. The wage is roughly on a par with most other hauliers in the shipping industry, but if the hours are there and your willing to put the shift in, you can earn really well.

Pros

Modern trucks, pension package, reasonable wage

Cons

There is a small amount of office staff who need educating on haulage laws and hours now and again

ok place to work, very demanding company

Ok place to work, expect you to work for more than 12 1/2 hours per shift and also expects you to come in early if there is a job to go. I got all my ports cards including;- Port Of Felixstowe, London Gateway, DP World Southampton and my British Sugar card at Cantley, Norfolk. Management are more focused on getting the work done than the employees, planning is a shambles and can't even get the correct postcode for the delivery. Work colleagues were a good laugh and were very helpful in giving you pointers, if you ever had a problem you just asked someone. The hardest part of my job was going to Felixstowe docks before going to do a road job and not finishing until 08:00 in the morning(starting at 18:00 the evening before). The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I met there and the laughs we had, really great bunch of people.

Pros

Good Colleagues

Cons

Long Hours

Hmm

It’s a good job if you don’t want a life outside of work. The management and operators are based in Felixstowe and give th impression Southampton drivers don’t matter to them. The new management seems to be looking for ways to cut wages but increase hours.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Bosses

Decent place to work. However the hours are very long and the work is boring with lots of delays. Job is not that secure either.

Pros

Good pay, meal allowance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldstar Transport Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9