Goodwood Estate logo
Goodwood Estate

Goodwood Estate Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Overall good

If you are employed at Gooodwood you must have access to own vehicle because it is situated in as rural area outside Chichester city and the Minicab would normally cost 14+ pounds one way; plus 10 pounds train ticket to Chichester station. But if you are lucky you can be accommodated with own private room in which will be deducted from your wages at rate 340 pounds ppern as month

Friendly colleagues and family ethos

Goodwood is an incredible place to work. Everyone is valued and respected for their contribution to the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my short time there.

Ok place to work- but don’t expect any sort of advancement in your chosen role or fair pay.

The most catty place I’ve ever worked. No separate departments are happy to work as a team when needed, the hours are extremely long and even when you have an extra day off, you often need that day just to recover. You never are actually allowed to use the facilities because “members might see you” so don’t fall for that in the interview.

Pros

Experience if you need it

Cons

Pay, Perks of the job, catty management, being ruled over by an iron fist.

Stressful/Long Hours/Useless Managers

The managers are useless at their jobs and rely on everyone they recruit to run their lives. If your face doesn't fit you'll be talked about behind you back. Pay is low and you are expected to work every event and not book holiday from March to Oct and you only get time in lieu no option of overtime pay. Very disorganised and stressful work environment. Duke totally out of touch with the business.

productive and rewarding

Goodwood is a place to work if you enjoy working as a team and dealing with upper class society. Events are formal and so is the atmosphere, however incredibly enjoyable.

Misleading job post

Offered a job completely different to advertised, No sane person would have taken it, seemed to have got me there on false pretences. Since then, different job posts have been put up but would no way trust what they post.

Good working atmosphere

Looking after the guests and making sure they have a good experience. the management are very helpful to manage your days work. It is hard on feet all day but worth the pain

Pros

free food

awful management

Awful hours, split shifts where you didn't get payed for two hours because you were meant to go home but you had to be there 15 mins before the start of the second part of your shift and i lived 35 minutes away so i barely got 20 mins at home, by the time i left. Management was awful, very disrespectful towards each other, the company, and towards customers (privately of course). Only good thing about the job was the Chefs, amazing people, knowledge and overall made my short time there bearable.

Pros

seeing amazing food being made.

Cons

people, hours

Thoroughly enjoyed my time working here

Worked at personal secretary with very varied duties. I loved looking after the organisation of the VIP entertaining at the Racecourse and in the House.

Pros

Working for a very interesting family

Cons

No cons

When I worked there, it was at a time of great change. The changes are now well entrenched and it is a great golf club. The environment and countryside are beautiful.

Pros

Good company benefits

Cons

Occasional long hours

Jobs at Goodwood Estate

See more jobs

Excellent

Goodwood is an amazing place to work - it is set in beautiful countryside and the various areas - such as Racecourse, Motor Circuit, Estate, Farm, House - are very interesting and have grown over the past couple of decades, under the leadership of the current Duke of Richmond.

Pros

Excellent company benefits, including health scheme and membership of health club

Cons

Long hours are expected, especially during times leading up to and during events

Fun workplace

I had a lot of fun whilst working here. It required a lot of time and effort aswell as consentration. I enjoyed my short time here, though. I met a lot of friendly faces and grew some knowledge on R.V motors.

Pros

fun

Cons

pay

Treated unfairly and lied to

They treat their staff; Unfairly Lie to you Paid unfairly long hours and not appreciated Very poor management I was sacked for progressing and they got away with it

Pros

Lunch

Cons

hours

Fun workplace

Able to work varied interesting events throughout the year. Normally we are given some kind of lunch or dinner when available. There extect you to work very long hours, have short breaks (usually half hour for a tenish hour shift) and no extra pay for supervising.

excellent

excellent company to work for. good balance and lots of perks. Plenty of scope to move up the ladder and into various different fields within the estate.

Productive and Interesting Workplace

Wonderful employer, Invest in it's employees with moving Brand forward. Grounds are beautiful and Company benefits are excellent. Would recommend

Enjoyable and passionate company

I thoroughly enjoy working at Goodwood, in particular at the motor sport events. I have been in my current role for two years and it is not challenging me enough any more, nor are there any real avenues for me to progress too. My co-workers are fantastic to work with and everyone has a real passion for Goodwood and what we do. I have gained a great deal of experience whilst working at Goodwood particular in management of staff and planning events from conception to finish.

Pros

Great experience, incredible events, wonderful staff

Cons

Poor pay for responsibilites

Hardworking but rewarding workplace

This is an extremely fast paced organisation where strict deadlines are enforced and must be adhered to on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. There is a lot of work but I would not be happy without a challenge in life. I thrive off being busy & there is a lot of in depth accounts work involved for me to really get stuck into. The company is made up of six limited companies and I look after the sales ledger for two of those companies. On a daily basis I process all payments in and out of the companies bank accounts dealing with american express payments, BACS, Direct Debits, PDQ & Cash. I count a lot of cash on a daily basis and post the relative cash sheet journals for multiple parts of the business. I have learnt a huge amount in this role. It has really widened my knowledge of the accounting structure due to working with a core team of purchase and sales ledger assistants and then seeing how my work is used by the management accountants in the business as well as the Financial Controllers. There is lot of work involved due to the sheer volume of transactions and money received in the company but I love it. I thrive of juggling multiple plates and I have learnt a great deal being here. I have also managed to cling onto my customer service experience by being a cashier for 3 of the companies major festival events over the summer periods having to deal with customers paying money into us. I love customer service based roles and this has been a real highlight of working here. It is a very enjoyable place to work.

Excellent

Goodwood Estate is one of the most astonishing Horse Race-course venues in the Southdown's. And the wow! Golf Course. The most beautiful thing about Goodwood is that you get lost whilst driving through its magnificent countryside and hills, farms etc. The Richmond Arms restaurants situates within Goodwood hotel and serves 2 AA rosettes , and the hotel is quite busy most of the year. Also, the Luxurious halls at the Goodwood Estate House, where a continental dishes are served by a bunch of the most selective and innovative diverse chefs from around the world. If you really wish to enjoy something different, take your family to the Goodwood.

Pros

Magnificent

Cons

Midday