Goodwood Estate

Goodwood Estate Employee Reviews

United Kingdom85 reviews

eventlongfreeshiftlunchfoodstaffamazing

Was okay, but

Very clique colleagues, and if you don’t get into the little social group with them, then you’re an outsider, even by management. Pay was good I can’t deny that, but full of uni kids at the same time who only care about earning money to go out and have a good time, and as previously stated, I’d you didn’t get into that group with them, you’re an outsider.

Total abuse

Worked there at the hospitality part of the business. Long hours , no support, not enough staff. Extra hours are not paid even doing shift of 12-14 hours you’re only paid 8. Salary was very low for the sector. They will give you a job and use you u till you’re totally burned and let you go. I was hoping I will be working at the classiest venue in the area but turned out it was the worst

Insights into Goodwood Estate

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Fast pace

House keeper manager is unprochable . Can't say anything as it get used against you even with colleagues can't be trusted . And you have to work ever weekend if your lucky you might get 2 days off a week but be prepared for rota changes and days off to be changed without being asked . Plus it's six probation period.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

All of it

Good experience if you want to discover what being a victorian maid was like

Great events for the guests not so much for the casual staff. Uniform is very out of date (girls have to wear a pinny & tights and skirt- no trousers allowed). Pay is minimum but okay if you are 16/17 as you are getting the 18 pay. Long hours with no set time once you're over 18 (could be anything between 1 and 3am). Don't worry though- you will be offered a free mars bar to keep you awake! The management attitude is that you are easily replaceable. Good for a summer job if you're desperate at 16/17 but don't expect to be recognised for doing a good job.

Xenophobic place

No career chances unless you are part of the gang.Inverted pyramid organigram - more chiefs than indians.No time for private life. Asked to do a lot for minimum wage, and zero hours contract.

Productive and fun workplace

It’s a fun place to work. All my colleagues were very nice and welcoming, someone gave me a lift back to the train station after my first shift, when an event is on it can be stressful but the management is nice and understanding. Only bad thing is that when it’s an event you’re there for long hours but you get a free meal and everyone around is really nice. Good work/life balance as you choose your own shifts

Pros

Free lunches, lovely colleagues, good management, good pay, choose when you work

Cons

Long hours, transport to work

Fun workplace except…

I was recently working as a pastry chef de partie and I left as the head pastry chef was really difficult to work with. Everybody knows about his behaviour and nothing is done about it. Working in the kitchen was an absolute pleasure when he is not in.

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Amazing Place to work but...

I had an amazing time working for Goodwood!Met some amazing people, made some great friends and saw some awesome things.But they will promise training that you will never receive, expect you to just know things with zero training then hide things from you until your 6 months review where they will drop everything on you at once and say its not working!To me it felt like i was kept on through events season to do all the undesirable work like working an 18hour shift with no over time pay and only 4 hours in lou given back! Even to the point where the unofficially extended my probation then got rid of me once it died down!

Pros

Amazing experience, Fun work, friendly people, larger than life events.

Cons

Long hours, no over time, limited training, unfair reasons for dismissal, moderate pay for the work.

Amazing place to work in

Still one of the best experiences of my career. The team, the culture, the benefits - everything was incredible. I always look back at this experience and feel so proud to have had it.

Pros

Free food on duty, spa/gym access, events access, staff accommodation

Cons

Friendly colleagues and family ethos

Goodwood is an incredible place to work. Everyone is valued and respected for their contribution to the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my short time there.

Excellent training in customer service ! A good experience ! Friendly ! Family values

I had many happy years Working at Goodwood , With lot of memorable experiences there’s always something of interest going on all over the estate. It truly is a great place to work

Pros

Team building days, track days free lunch, party’s

Love working there

I'm a casual worker so I can pick and choose which days I'd like to work, but you have to be fast as there's lots of people helping out as it's an easy job to get. They give you training for events and support during too. The hours can be long if you are over 18, but it's worth it. The people are lovely there too.

Pros

No interview process

Cons

You have to drive or get driven there. (eg: no bus routes go there)

Overall good

If you are employed at Gooodwood you must have access to own vehicle because it is situated in as rural area outside Chichester city and the Minicab would normally cost 14+ pounds one way; plus 10 pounds train ticket to Chichester station. But if you are lucky you can be accommodated with own private room in which will be deducted from your wages at rate 340 pounds ppern as month

decent

decent job for decent wage. remember your sun cream for long 12 hour shifts. easy money at a short notice and it is good money too paying way above national wage

Efficient and friendly workplace

Small team of casual workers plus some permanent staff. Everyone has a role and the nature of the team is such that you can ask anyone for assistance.

Ok place to work- but don’t expect any sort of advancement in your chosen role or fair pay.

The most catty place I’ve ever worked. No separate departments are happy to work as a team when needed, the hours are extremely long and even when you have an extra day off, you often need that day just to recover. You never are actually allowed to use the facilities because “members might see you” so don’t fall for that in the interview.

Pros

Experience if you need it

Cons

Pay, Perks of the job, catty management, being ruled over by an iron fist.

logistics team

good on job learning experience, both the racecourse and motor circuit staff are all very friendly and easy to get all with. The events are good fun and enjoyable to work

fun but strict

The "interview" was a trial shift. A lot to take in but everyone seemed nice. A lot of different work from day to day. Cool intro day at the Goodwood House, and to meet the Duke. Every was quite young so it was a very nice and chilled work culture. Event with left-over food is a bonus. Very friendly staff, all from managers, kitchen, restaurant staff, reception staff to cleaners.

productive and rewarding

Goodwood is a place to work if you enjoy working as a team and dealing with upper class society. Events are formal and so is the atmosphere, however incredibly enjoyable.

Great and Interesting Workplace

Amazing hotel to work, especially in regards to events the estate holds and all the interesting people you get to meet. Nice to be able to socialise with the other departments too.

Pros

Ticket dicsounts, friendly staff.

Cons

Quiet periods

Goodwood work

Always great working for goodwood,see all the events and get treated with respect and meet loads of new people,nice traders discounts at stalls and most of all the pay check at the end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwood Estate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Goodwood Estate with

Goodwood Estate reviews by location

Learn about Goodwood Estate in popular locations

• Goodwood Estate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?