Govia Thameslink Railway

Govia Thameslink Railway Management reviews

Good Professional experience with kind supportive colleagues. Time management and friendly environment. More career development chances with further exploration of ones criteria.
Pros
No Pressure Handling
Cons
Long Hours
There was a bullying culture when I worked there, most unpleasant. A lot of aggression in the work place, there were some great people, but mostly nepotism prevailed and unfair practices used, especially when promotions were available.
Too many senior management got offended when challenged. Very old fashioned and traditional in terms of the senior management team. No ability to be new and innovative
There's too much favoritism going on in the work place, the worst thing about my experience there was another staff member saw another colleague hit into the back of my Mercedes and when confronted he completely denied and the management didn't care either. They never covered the repair cost and I had to pay from my own pockets which was expensive. There's too much politics in the work place
A lot of collaborative work with peers and everyone is willing to help. Management are friendly and help when need be. Would recommend this place as a great place to work.
Too much politics within the company which result in staff not progressing or developing as individuals. It’s all about who you know or if you’re good at pleasing management.
No collaboration / Checklist management team / No support / changing priorities / Outdated mentality / Siloed organisation / Invisible management team
I would not recommend working for this company. Bad management team. Management not approachable. Management say one thing to your face and another behind your back. Management not supportive in stressful life/death situations.
Shift pattern was awful and morale was very low. Progression was slow and working life took over life in general. More interested in numbers than employees
Typically - review ticketing system for IT requests, look to delegate where necessary otherwise adopt the IT related issue / task. Learnt - Hands on experience within an IT based role. Management - Average. Workplace Culture - Again average. Hardest part of the job - Daily bike ride. Most enjoyable - Employee feedback of a positive genuine nature.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Govia Thameslink Railway?
I enjoyed my time with this company and if it wasn't for the management not giving clear instructions i would still be in this workplace. I can explain in person.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
management
Management not fair and not fully equipped to promote equality. A lot of inconsistencies in dealing with staff tantamount to victimisation and harassment.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Unfair MANAGEMENT
The people are ok but management are to harsh on staff. They don’t push staff in right directions. Also mangers don’t like to praise staff when passengers have said good things about them. They like to mention the bad
Pros
Free travel
I felt as if where i come from staff did not want train me for my role, the managers expect you to shut up and learn from yourself....team leading is very poor the guy needs to learn how to speak with customers and teach the new staff what they need to do for their role...i have seen and heard a lot of people been out of their job...money is good , the hours is just rubbish....i would not reccomend any one working here. I dislike people who boast about what they are like "am a team leader i manage everyone here" but i personally think team leader did not know what he was doing. Rude customer service and rude team managing. management is poor when there is a problem at work place they dont pick up but will call you back couple of days later! If there is a problem with staff and you tell the manager they would not just care, managers listen to one side of story! This is what annoys me at school we always been taught to respect one another & work as a team, but this company has done the complete opposite.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Work life, management & team leading
Not a great place to be. Management are not supportive of mental health, often making the situation worse. Policies are not followed correctly and staff are under stress from all angles.
Good company to work for but it’s gone downhill quick, morale in the company is at a record low due to restructuring, lack of aspirational and skilled management, no new ideas being brought to the table and staff are not recognised at all. No bonus for staff since it became GTR. Hopefully come 2021 things will improve with a new franchise hopefully taking over as change is long overdue.
Pros
Steady income, free travel
Cons
Poor management and lack of team leaders, low morale all round
Depends on where you work. You might have a busy station or a really quite station. You are left to your own. No management, which can be a pro and a con. A con if you want to progress
Pros
Discount on travel
Cons
Not busy
Govia Thameslink Railway offer good benefits and salary packages, however like many large organisations, management varies from good to very poor. There is a bullying culture present at certain levels whereby managers are chastised if they speak up regarding this culture. Progression is possible at GTR, and many staff have progressed at some point of their career. You are given free staff travel across 5 networks and so does your family. Also national travel is discounted by 75%. Salary packages are competitive also.
Pros
Free travel across 5 railway companies, discounted national travel, good salary package
Cons
Long hours, poor shift patterns, not family friendly
GTR is a franchise (Go Aheand, Keolis and other trains brands) Overall it is a good company, good atmosphere and environment to work in. Finance Management has to review their communication skills though, process not so clear and disorganisation tends to leads to unstable teamwork/workload
Pros
Kitchen with tea, milk, coffee provided, location, flexible hours
Cons
Communication, self-development
Opportunities to advance, overtime available if you want it, Free travel and money off other train services, Free uniform. Able to become part of a big network, by meeting different staff across the network and on training courses, Safety critical roles, Get paid every 4 weeks. Beware the management.
Pros
Free travel, free uniform, get paid every 4 weeks, meet lots of new people. Learn about rail operations.
Cons
Early starts late finishes, Bullying culture is rife amongst some managers.
Might pay ok but their trains never ever run on time!! In Japan the passengers cant believe it if a train is 5 seconds late! I have never ever seen one of their trains arrive on time. Once a train did arrive on time to which I had to tell the passenger, "No it's not on time, it's exactly 1 hour late!!!" She could quite believe it.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Management seemed to be clueless. I think they are all on something!