Gower

Working at Gower: 21 Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews

goodplacejobmanagementshiftstaffcompanyworking

Not bad to work for

Quite good to work for there are some problems but nothing to serious there are people that have been there for over 30 years Only left due to Helton problem

Good experience working here

Enjoyed my time here, everyone is friendly. Good benefits and supportive environment. Management helpful and work colleagues too. General Warehouse working shifts.

Insights into Gower

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Stressful and Kim moral among staff

When I started it was a good place to work but changed after going back after lock down. Management spoke to workers badly, there was no encouragement from them and HR were never available. Workers were getting very stressed.

First shift at GOWER

My first Shift at Gower was in the morning at 6-2, it was my first time doing a morning shift I was worried I wouldn’t make it on time. I was worried that I Would struggle with the work. I was put in the packing department I straight away knew that I was gonna struggle. I learned that you have to be fast at packing.

Very poor management and is not help with training

I not recommended this place ... All employers is family and friend with books.most off mechanics people is still in traininguri sack me with no reason

Bullying is rife here

Because everyone seems to be related the chance of you stopping bullying is zero. So be warned. If you don't want the harassment on a daily basis then don't work here because you'll never stop it because there's nobody to trust to report it to

At first an enjoyable place to work - not so later.

Initially, Gower was a good place to work as it was a small independent company with a family feel to it. In the early 2000s, it was taken over by a large Swedish company and became part of a group of companies losing it's autonomy.

Pros

Private company medical scheme.

Cons

Pressure to achieve results and targets.

Only if your desperate

Worked here as a temp and spent your days carrying heavy goods around on shifts more minimum wage with no shift allowance. Nobody here ever got a permanent job and some of the staff was snotty and had a superiority complex despite only being low paid factory workers.

Hard working and productive.

I worked on machines that helped make kitchens. I learned new skills and worked mostly on my own although I did work as part of a team somtimes. I worked here through an agency and after a few months there was no permanent work.

Disgusting company

Worked there for a bit on the shop floor got rained on cos the roof leaks no heating on even in winter management have no regard for h+s bullying and confrontation is rife all the way from top to bottom only work here if your truly desperate

Pros

Non

Dreadfull company

Absolutely disgusting place to work, management use bullying tactic and treat staff like slaves, if offered a job here run as fast as you can, also health and safety counts when it suits them.

Pros

Cons

Dreadfull management

warehouse person

key holder, picking, forklifts, paperwork, working to own initiative or within a team, fire marshall, health and safety

I was self employed for 21 years and ran their canteen. I managed the canteen myself and organised all the food suppliers, food menus, staff, breakdowns myself. Organisation was key.

I go to work do the work have fun and get along with team, maximising my potential to succeed within the company. I learned to succeed. Most enjoyable part of the job is learning the machinery and sometimes using it unsupervised.

Pros

Learning machinery

Cons

Clean and tidy

busy seaside hotel

worked with a top chef producing top quality meals using local produce. very busy lunch and evening service. excellent staff

Pros

worked with a good chef

Cons

small kitchen

Assembling boxes for flat packed furniture to be packed in to. To follow detailed instructions as per company policy Answered to several line managers on a daily basis.

Pros

Shift patterns

Cons

Not guaranteed work as it was through an Agency

No review cuz it was too short period of time

sorry i can write too much about this workplace cuz i was there too short period of time and it was long ago. How i can remember it was nice place with nice co-workers and supervisors, it was hard when production line goes faser but not too hard. the most enjoyable part of the job? i think break time?

good job

temporary works nice and good place for not me i need some more chelange

Pros

Cons

2, 5

productive

there was a lot of fun and good working place with a lot learing new skills and a good shift time easy job to do , there was also good management team i enjoyed working with em.

Pros

good breaks times

Cons

short hour job

Not too bad of a company

It was a good place to work for but they expected you do alot but they wouldn't train you any more to do the jobs

Hard and demanding

I was in charge of 18 staff covering 9 machines i had to make sure they were all doing the jobs that they were meant to be doing and in a safe enviroment.I had to do regular safety tours of the site and report anything unsafe.I also had to do briefing about the company where they saw things going forward and also was in charge of all the discipline with my area.We never got help from management only critisisum which ended up making our job harder.The hardest part of the job was no back up from management when dealing with staff.

Pros

cheap kitchens

Cons

working shifts poor working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gower. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gower with

Learn about Gower in popular locations

• Gower
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?