Gracewell Healthcare

Gracewell Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Gracewell Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I love working for Gracewell they care about the residents and the team members at all times but during the Covid crisis they have been amazing. We’ve never been short of PPE, we’ve seen an hourly wage increase for everyone, we’ve been kept informed, we’ve had gifts and T shirts, travel pay, free meals, extra pay on top of SSP. Fantastic management of the whole situation.
19 May 2020
Thank you for your fantastic review, Gracewell of Sutton Coldfield is a great home with caring and supportive team members. RegardsGracewell Recruitment Team
Too many chiefs; you are unable to practice with autonomy.Whilst the charade of attractive furnishings may draw you to believe the residents are the focus, look at the team and see their true unhappiness!Residents are paying extortionate amounts - food is abominable for the money and really not receiving high standards! The atmosphere is toxic with in Weymouth. The current wishy washy stand in manager lacks skills to hold down the job and is unable to make a worthwhile decision Look no further than the job description and swipe on by, you will find your worth elsewhere!
Pros
The residents And salary
Cons
Fancy fittings will fool you to believing you have worth
Short staffed most of the time, rota not done in advance, you don't even know what floor you are working on until the night before - which is in a group chat so you can't come out of it! Nothing but stress with no support! Managers don't care, team morale is shocking because of under appreciation, most of the staff are looking at leaving, no confidentiality as the managers tell everyone all sorts, errors are covered up because of favoritism new starters don't have a chance to settle in!
Pros
Really good staff
21 May 2021
Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Glassdoor@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you. - The Gracewell Team
Lack of communication and language barriers, management only listen to their certain favourites, not respected to or listened to, such a high demand on new starters, just left to it by most staff, mistakes are covered up or not acknowledged, short and late breaks, the training is good but far to much when your starting out, expected to do your job as well as others, to much moving of floors no stability and for new members this is unsettling.
21 May 2021
One of the Best companies I have worked forTeam spirit was high beautiful homes to work inPersoncentred care for the residentsHome from home experience
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
In theory, Gracewell should be a good organisation to work for. The policies and procedures are in place to support, however, no one really knows what they are doing, mainly management. Very little support for my role from the very beginning, constant promises of up skilling that never happens. Constant changes with rota, expectations of staff. Too many chiefs.Those that are supposed to be in a position of authority are actually extremely untrustworthy. Lost count the amount of times I heard management say toxic things about other members of staff. Phone calls answered on speaker phone so no confidentiality when you think you're having a personal call with your manager.Everyone constantly under scrutiny even though they haven't been given the right tools for the job in the beginning.Too much back scratching, command and conquer attitudes.The HCA's however are outstanding. Dedicated to their role and extremely hard working. Always striving to be their best for the residents. It's just such a shame the environment is so unsupportive and more critical of them.Honest opinion, would have left sooner if the wage wasn't above average and I hadn't been foolish enough to believe what I was told.
Pros
Excellent team of carers
Cons
Management have no clue and are toxic.
21 May 2021
I’m not sure where to start....this home used to be such a lovely place to work and everyone worked as a team but it is far from that now due to the new management team that has been put into place. There is no support from them at all, certainly not an open door policy. Staff turnover is getting more and more. Unfortunately senior management do not seem to care either. All they care about is money! I highly recommend you steer clear of working for this company especially in adderbury.I find it very strange that there are good reviews of this home because my experience and that of many of my colleagues is a bad one. So many good staff have left... you have to ask yourself why.
Pros
Team mates
Cons
Management, stressful, uncaring, some nasty staff
21 May 2021
I would not recommend this company. They made me feel very unwelcome the staff. I think it’s because all women and young. It was like being in school. Management was very nice.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of staff. Staff always phoning in sick. Don’t know if it has changed.
21 May 2021
I currently work as a senior carer at Gracewell of fareham and I absolutely love my job. Management is lovely, all the staff are great and the residents ensure no two days are the same!
Pros
Friendly
21 May 2021
Thank you for your positive feedback. Great to read about loving the job and the friendliness of staff and residents.
I worked as a catering assistant for Gracewells church crookham . I felt the staff were really well looked after , the management very approachable and supportive. Great team of people to work with who would encourage you within your work .The residents were well cared for and nothing was ever too much trouble for them . Thorough continuous training program . Loved that we could sit and chat with residents and build a friendship with them on a friendly and professional basis . Overall I absolutely loved working there and would go back in a heartbeat, only left because I had to get the work / home balance right and unfortunately this didn’t offer that .
Pros
Great staff benefits, staff well cared for and appreciated.
Cons
Can be long hours .
23 February 2021
Many thanks for your wonderful feedback. It's lovely to hear that you worked in such a great team at Gracewell of Church Crookham. Good luck in your next role.
Friendly place to work, always given support if I asked for it. I was able to learn a lot of new things and support was there when I needed it. Management are supportive and approachable, lovely staff, salary and benefits are very good. I would work for Gracewell of Adderbury again and would recommend to anyone thinking of applying!
Pros
Friendly staff, generous salary
29 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. It's great to know of the support you received during your time at Gracewell of Adderbury and the lovely staff you worked with. Best of luck for the future.
I have worked here for many years and seen many changes. Gracewell is an excellent company to work for, their employee benefits are very comprehensive. I feel the team are lovely and I enjoy working with my colleagues. The residents are well looked after and cared for. I am fortunate enough to be able to work flexibly to suit my family, which is very important to me. over the years I have recommended Gracewell to many people, both staff and residents, and would continue to do so.
Pros
Employee benefits and recognition, work life balance, friendly team
29 January 2021
Many thanks for your wonderful feedback. It was lovely to read that you enjoy working at our Gracewell home and have recommended us over the years. Thank you.
I have worked at Sway for over two years, I can honestly say it’s the nicest place I have worked. The Team members are lovely, it’s a homely atmosphere and the team go over and beyond to ensure the needs of the residents are met. The company invest a lot of time and money into the Team and the home to provide a quality service from food, environment and activities. I would not work anywhere else, and would highly recommend working for Gracewell.
29 January 2021
It's lovely to read that our Gracewell of Sway is the nicest place you have worked! We're proud to have such a great team at Sway who go over and beyond to meet the needs of our residents. Thank you for recommending us!
The home is beautiful and the care staff and other departments do an amazing job, however the management in the building are not what they make out. There is no care or consideration for their staff and most of the residents do not know who the management are! Supposed to be an open door policy, however does not listen to concerns that you may have, just fobbed off. Senior management do not have a clue what is going on and only listen to what the manager says and nothing else! When they want you to step up and help out that's fine but when they are done with you, they will turn on you!There are some lovely Gracewell homes that are very well led, so please do your research.Please bare in mind that they do not think twice about evicting residents when they run out of money! Caring right?!
Pros
The pay is very good
Cons
Certain managers are not all they seem
Loved working for Gracewell, found it very rewarding and inspiring. Brilliant team, great career opportunities and a fantastic employee recognition programme. They care not only about the residents but their team too.
Pros
Career progression, employee recognition, rewarding
29 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback, it's great to hear what a brilliant team there is at Gracewell of Sway and of the career opportunities available to you. Best of luck for the future.
The management will listen to your thoughts , they will make all the right noises when talking to you and then will completely do the opposite of what they have agreed . You will fit it if you are not from this country , you will get more recognition , more overtime . The assisted living residents receive a fair amount of activities and appear happy . Upstairs in dementia is totally different . Maybe two days a week ( if they are lucky ) of 30 mins of entertainment . The staff / resident ration often means staff don’t have time to entertain or sit and chat . Care is very good but staff are not given any equipment to amuse / entertain residents who are left to watch tv a vast amount of their day.No matter how caring a carer you are you will be left feeling like you have failed at your job. More staff needed and would be good for management presence on the floor every now and again .
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management don’t care about residents with dementia.
29 January 2021
We are very sorry to hear of your concerns, as a company we pride ourselves on the care and treatment of our residents and team members and if your experience has been contrary to this we would very much want to find out more. Please contact me at: emma.dean@sunriseseniorliving.com if you wish to discuss.
Working here is so stressful. All we want to do is care for the residents, that’s why we chose to be “carers”. However we have no time to care as we are busy washing up, hostessing and putting laundry away. Some residents are missing out daily on proper washes and care as the carers are doing every other job under the sun. We have told the managers but all they care about is reducing costs yet they are paying three senior managers to manage badly and wonder where we can save money? The manager cannot even allocate staff correctly or deal with people that simply do The not pull their weight. This is the worst company I have worked for as there is no time to look after The residents that we truly care for, And when we met with the senior manager he did not care that the residents were not getting proper care. Stay away from this money making workplace. If you want to get paid well but don’t care for residents- this is the job for you
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, managers don’t care
I’ve worked at gracewell for a few years, and in that time, there has been a noticeable decline in the organisation and it’s infrastructure. The management have poor leadership skills, and could do with a visit to an audiologist as they never listen to the majority of staff (only the ones they favour). Staff meetings are just a display of everything we do wrong (and nothing about the great relationships we maintain with residents and how we make them happy) this job makes me feel like a failure and like I’m wasting my life away for how I am treated. I try my best to hang on for the residents benefit as I enjoy spending time with them, but I feel like the work I do (and most other staff members) is unappreciated. Communication is amiss and no support available. Project gracewell as they call this ideology of progression, is only just a regression, I won’t be surprised to see poor CQC ratings.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Lack of support, unhelpful management
Bad experience generally all the time of working in a place with low respect to residents and workers. Need to go the media to be all this i public for sure.
Company in general are generous with salary and benefits however the in home management is dreadful.No interest in staff or residents. Serious lack of support and communication. Senior management seriously need to have a re think
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Awful company to work for , management do not care about their staff or the well being of the residents. Profit is the only thing they care about. They treat staff like dirt and do not listen. They do not put enough staff on shifts to ensure residents safety . I would never work for gracewell again .
Pros
Nice team mates
Cons
Awful management