Granger & Co.

Granger & Co. Employee Reviews

Fast-paced

The job can be stressful during busy hours, but overall I did enjoy working here. They pay good enough and there's always a competition (every month) to get extra money.

Pros

Free meal on shift, staff discount, lovely team member.

Cons

can be very busy at times.

Fast paced and not for the faint hearted

Granger and co is one of the busiest restaurants in London. With a queue out the door from Tuesday - Sunday, 8am- 10pm. You have to be on your A-game 99% of the time. I learnt many things from Granger and Co. I started out as a waitress and after two years was promoted to assistant manager. I learnt about many different aspects of the company such as finances, with regard to the company budget and how to maintain it, along with learning how to manage your team while simultaneously keeping them happy, and making sure everything runs smoothly. I learnt that treating your colleagues with respect and leading by example is what makes a good leader, and I learnt how to think fast on my feet while keeping a calm and cool exterior. Granger is a very fast paced restaurant so you had to be willing to work hard and fast, we promoted a happy and homely atmosphere so despite the rush, we were always charming and switched on. The hardest part of the job for me was transitioning from a waitress to a manager, as my friends were now my responsibility and I had to learn how to distance myself from them to a professional standpoint. This was very challenging for me as I struggled to be authoritative with my colleagues/friends at first. The best part of the job were the customers and the daily interactions I got to have. I absolutely love conversing with people, and despite the initial struggles I had when I was first promoted to a managerial position, I loved my team and fellow work mates. I also loved being on my feet and running around constantly.

Pros

Free staff food, customer interactions, 50% off any bill at Granger and co, flexible holiday days

Cons

Long hours, 52 hour weeks, working night shifts, working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Granger & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement