Grant Walker Engineering

Working at Grant Walker Engineering: 22 Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

Exelent

Good experience, working in the hospital,good management team, right people in the righ places,very good comunication between electricians,Im happy working for Grant Walker.

Productive Workplace

Deliveres of materials on time, good organization of storage, equipiing the site with power tools and large tools, completion of all operations at same workplaco

Insights into Grant Walker Engineering

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

productive

it is good and job satisfied in a friendly environment with good management. there is briefing at every begining f the task each day and good house keeping at each shift.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long Hour

Teamwork, Patience and Growth

Brought in as compliance document controller, having little experience on the inhouse finance system. Both CEO, COO and Finance Director worked with me on a daily basis. The system was easy to pick up, the wider team were helpful and just a phone call away. Great company to work for, teamwork is very apparent and the pride in everyones work. Great company to be a part of and wish them well for the future. Would happily come back to work on temp basis again should they ever call on me!

Company to Learn and Grow

All of those within Grant Walker Engineering encourage you to grow as a person and within the company. The owners have time to meet and greet all people whether they are walking around on site and/or in the offices. Made to feel at home, absolute great team to be in where everyone pulls their sleeves up and interacts with each other. No hierarchy, management doors always open.

Good atmosphere and I recommended it

I have been 1 year working as a electrical estimator for GWE, I highly recommend this company. The envioriment is very friendly, the structure of the company is built very efficient. Most of the people have been in the company long time which I was looking for.

Electrician

Terrible company to work for have people in charge who are not qualified electricians, trying to tell qualified jib gold card electricians what to do, they also have loads of cheep migrant labourers working as electricians, which is wrong on all levels never in years working as electrician have I encountered this, all jib gold card electricians quit as depressing atmosphere on site. Avoid this company

Horrible company

They don’t pay wages!!! If you work with them for one week,and after find anything better ,you will not new paid.They are ignorant,will never answer you txt,emails,phone calls.I have to chaose my money still and i can’t get in touch with any of their staff.Avoid!!!Slavery at work as well

Ok to work with

Very poor wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. There not organised and when they wonna get rid of you they will with immediate effect. Only good people are the staff.

Fast paced team focused workplace

Busy fast moving with no day the same, a real learning experience in an expanding young business. Management team are very approachable and everyone knows who they are. A workplace which encourages and supports development, with a proven track record of promoting from within. Fast pace can be tough at times but the enjoyment and satisfaction of the job balance this out. The only company I have worked for that doesn't have barriers in the way of development, if you work hard and show the right attitude you will be rewarded.

Productive Company

I have been with GWE for 4 months and have never been taught the skills that GWE have provided me with. I have been lucky enough for them to put me on training courses and make me qualify from a mate into an improver. The Management is exceptional and are always on the go. I am looking forward to progress is my career with GWE.

Pros

Good Support

Good workplace

Been with GWE a while now just been moved to a new site. Work balance, hours are good Site management are nice enough for management, good rates of pay and offer rate increases when receive new qualifications. Only con is the payroll company never sent payslips on time however new payroll in place and now ok.

Pros

good hours and rates of pay

Cons

Payslips

Only If your desperate

Ill just point out bullet points of my experience if this company : #730 to 1630 hours #sacking workers 1 hour before hometime on a friday(countless times) #the foreign lads was treated like dogs #the moral of the supervisors is so low it becomes contagious towards the work force, this come from the management and PM just not taking responsibility. #the Christmas break was cut short by 1 day so noone goes home early. #wasnt allowed to take tools home early to be the traffic before the Christmas break #40 workers on site and one task light, 2 ladders and 3 site boxes to be shared. The pm just would not order any materials or equipment. #the payroll is every two weeks, the payroll seem to never processes the payslips correctly, always chasing paper work. Overall, you'll never excel in this company, no growth, no trust, no pride, generally you will only be cheap labour.

Pros

730 to 1630 hows

Cons

No one takes responsibility, no progression

Don’t waste your time with this company

I work for this company ..waste of time ..they don’t respect the workers at all ..if it was possible I rate zero stars ..I had to chase them for payslips but every time the same promises they will send me and they don’t care ..terrible company!!!!

Great Team

I have been working for GWE for the last 4 months and have enjoyed the experience. I work within a great team of guys and staff, everyone is made to feel welcome. There is also some spaces for the guys to be put onto courses at no extra cost. They are there to help you improve and if i have any questions they are happy to help improve.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

payment every fortnight

Bad company

Started work for this firm at the beginning of the week and got sucked at the end of the week! Avoid this firm save time by looking for another job!

Pros

No good only have 45mins

I'm self employed and working for GWE at Holborn Site

I am working on the Site the second week. And I am happy with the work placement. Work starts at 7:30am at GWE assembly point at temporary storage and tool box talk and GWE health and safety induction. It is very important that you are there on time in other case It is highly likely you will be sent home because of missing the induction. 30 to 40 Electricians work there covered by 4 Foreman, so it is wise to listen when needed and be a team member. Day work load is easy to achieve 1 hour before home time at 4:30pm at GWE assembly point if you make an effort and work as a team. You will need Android Phone with WhatsApp App on it with you as that is a way of communication with Foreman if he is not present where you work. I wish you the best of luck on the job. By Ales T.

Pros

4 Lads are available to bring materials closer if needed.

Cons

Wage is every 14 days.

Very bad company to work for

Slavery is back. You need to be such a worker that doesn't put any questions, because you are just THE worker Expect to be treated like a dirt Even if you do THE best job in the universe, you won't get a minimal thank you Expect to work fast, they don't value quality Expect to be pumped any second, they were pumping people every DAY If you are late one second after 7:30 they deduct 30 min of your wages, same if you are signing out before 16:30 (fingerprint device) Not allowed to use the hoist/lift in the morning, so we've been walking upstairs 7 floors 1t thing in the morning MILITARY STYLE Not allowed to take phone calls doring work - after one warning you'll get the boot We were told to use less plasterboard fixings as they are expensive They were literally ordering materials strictly, so you better have a few penny washers in your tool bag or elese you'll be begging for other subcontractors to do your job There is a lot of H&S BUT even the maneger was telling us to unload materials from the lory while the crane was moving stuff literally above our heads. I would not work for them again even if they would pay me £1000/day.

Pros

clean job but that's because of the main contractor

Cons

I can't thing of anything

Very angry company!!

This company treats subcontractors like dirt... got a phone call at 3:30pm to be told “sorry we have to let you go because we have one of our permanent workers we need to place on this site “... at least I got a call... most people only get a txt message.... 9 hour day and an appalling 1 break of 45 minutes. I’ve came off one site that was managed reasonably well to one where the management haven’t a clue how to run the site... very rude and aggressive to the workers, some workers were sacked on one job because they didn’t ask permission to take a cigarette break ... no materials....even raw plugs and screws had to be “borrowed” from other companies on site. Payments have to be chased up every two weeks because they keep changing payroll company’s every month so payments get missed. Job security is non existent.... be prepared to start on a Monday and just cross your fingers you don’t get a txt around 3-4pm on the Friday. This company have no problem dumping 20-30 workers in one go with no notice. Very clicky and if they decide you’re face doesn’t fit then it’s only a matter of a few days and you’re gone. Save yourself the wasted time and find a company that has a bit of respect for the workers.... Grant Walker definitely does not... they chew you up and spit you out at will !!

Pros

4:30 when you can go home

Cons

You’ll never finish at 4:30 because you can’t pack up your tools until 4:28pm

Dont work for them

Disgusting attitude towards its subcontractors. They will phone you on friday at 4.20 to say you are know longer needed bearing in mind you finish at 4:30... will get in your back about working not being done when they have not got any materials on site e.g why has the 300mm tray not laid.. because you have not got any on site! Also if you are working on the 12th floor you will be expected to pack up from work at 4.25 and they want your work place spotless and you still then have to get your tools to the site box and then sign out so they want you finishing late every day

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Short lunch breaks Will not give you any notice period

Good, proffesional company to work for

Cutting ,bending,threading and installing 20 and 25mm galv conduits in various back of shop locations. Nothing i don't already know. The management side of things were fairly well organised i.e.produced drawings , information and organised work permits swiftly. There was good site welfare facilities that breeds a good nature on site between all workers.

Pros

Good canteen and facilities

Cons

sometimes noisy, dirty environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Walker Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement