Grantley Hall

Grantley Hall Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work

Featured review

Grantley Hall selected this as a representative review
I started working at Grantley Hall in 2019 and from day one it has been an exciting place to work with great development opportunities. The onboarding process was really well put together and gave me a great insight into the business, before getting stuck into my role. The management team are extremely supportive and all of the teams throughout the hotel are really friendly and happy to help.I would recommend working at Grantley Hall to anyone who is keen to learn and develop, has a strong work ethic and is passionate about hospitality.

Great team, supportive manager

Reservations is a fast paced VERY busy role which requires keen eye to detail, patience and understanding, hard work and excellent system knowledge. The reservations department is open 7 days a week so you manage to get 2 days off together. There are also incentives to sell higher suites

Pros

Monthly share of gratuities

Cons

Very busy

Dramarama dreadful!

Such an unbelievably bad place to work where you are just a number and a work horse. No respect. No care. Back stabbers and snakes, it's the pits. Management have no guts and no morals. What they have done to a beautiful classic country house is a travesty such a shame turning it into a gaudy Disney palace.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long strenuous hours

So proud to be a part of this amazing team

Couldn't ask for more from an employer. Fun, supportive management and a great team. A great environment to work in beautiful surroundings. Yes its hard work and demanding but that's the best part.

Pros

free meals, great team, great managers

Cons

nothing

Fantastic Company

Grantley Hall is a fantastic company to work for. Forward thinking, innovative, a great working environment and team. The Hotel itself is spectacular there has been no expense spared. If you want to be part of a brilliant team aiming to create an amazing guest experience then I would 100% recommend Grantley Hall as a fantastic place to work!

Pros

Great team, amazing hotel

They will cut you off in an instant

Had worked here and was always early came in late due to miscommunication and was dismissed that day no care for all the other days I had been in 15 mins early I have worked in factory's where your number means more than here keep away if your looking for a long term job

Pros

Free food

Cons

Sanctimonious ownership/management

Under staffed constantly. Stunning surroundings, Management clueless

Loved working here pre furlough with many great people, very busy. Training was good with opportunities to learn other skills .Food provided was disgusting. Soon became alarmed at how staff where often marched out of premises with no warning, staff turnover appalling. Middle management clueless and often nasty, worse after furlough when losing 40 staff, many where really good loyal staff but faces didn't fit. Running hotel so short staffed but fully booked unbelievable, Covid training went out of window PPE often not available. Job advertised at £9 hour, 3 months trial at Nat min wage, interview at 3 months to say passed and now on £9 hour, which several of us never got & kept on Nat Min wage! Did wonder if owners knew what goes on or just didn't care. Such a shame as was so promising.

Pros

Beautiful surroundings Some really nice staff including General manager

Cons

Impossible staffing situations, staff moral very low, middle management pathetic

Great Place to work

I have recently just started at Grantley Hall and the process from recruitment to 1st day was very professional. The interview process was fantastic with a phone call then a face to face interview all done within a week. The management team are great and very supportive to make sure you settle into your role and the team are so friendly that nothing is too much trouble.The career path and opportunities to develop are the best I have seen and I have worked in hospitality for a long time and nothing comes close to what they offer here.

Pros

Personal Development and Benefits

Avoid avoid avoid

this place was bad. Rota was always late so never could plan things, manager was mean all the time and when in bad mood would pick on someone till cry. everyone complain about him but nothing done, no breaks allowed, come in on days off for long meetings, unifroms fit bad and shoes are so slippy people always are falling over! all wonderful promises made at start but never happen. So many people leave but they blame us not the bosses.

Pros

Beautiful grounds

Cons

bad managers

Amazing

What a great place to work,all the management are keekn for you to be looked after and to progress they have an amazing online learning course which are suited to you for your relevant job. Plenty of benefits including free transport to work on the minibus, uniform paid for and a shoe allowance.your meals are paid for and you get a great choice of food. A great place to work as there is a fantastic atmosphere highly recommend

Jobs at Grantley Hall

See more jobs

Dreadful

Wouldn’t recommend a dog to work here. Management are appalling and too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I even told the feral cats to find a better place! You work so hard and they expect even more. Stressed every day. Good luck if you work at this place.

Avoid at all costs

I had very high hopes going in. The induction days paint a picture of a company that puts staff first, where you can grow and be happy and cared for. That all goes out the window right away. Management openly scoffs at the things we are told in inductions. Your progress reviews? Don't happen. Training? Doesn't happen. That could be overlooked as a newer company if not for the biggest problem of all. It's already rotten to the core. My manager was abusive. I reported him to his manager many times, nothing was done. I went to HR, nothing was done. I watched other employees get sick of it and quit, they would name him as a reason why and yet he stayed. Days he worked the whole team moral plummeted. Days he had off it was like a fog had been lifted. Many staff watched my abuse and told me their own stories. HR didn't care. They are not there to protect you, they are about the company alone. Ironically this one manager has done the most damage. From staff leaving, moral issues, to the knowledge of his actions becoming more widely known in the hospitality community, he has and will continue to cost this company money and reputation, his managers who who allow and protect him are equally to blame. They don't care if you get hurt either, the lack of care and and concern for staff injuries was frankly alarming. I would HIGHLY caution anyone against working there under the current management

I thought this was going to be a great place to start my career!

I was there from the very start of it all and looked like a great company, but the crazy ideas, insulting and quite childish rules from the management quickly ruined the great place it could of been. I loved my job there but as the hotel opened the 5* experience and respect for others suddenly dropped.

I love every minute of my work

I have worked in many hotels, but none even come close to Grantley Hall. The team are all so friendly and it is like one big family. The support and communication the team have with management is incredible. All you need to do is ask. I have had the opportunity to attend many training courses, I am supported in all the qualifications I do and I look forward to every shift I work at Grantley Hall. This places is honestly 5 Star in every department.

Productive and fun

Excellent place to work; amazing General Manager, great team, good training. Good colleagues, everyone tries their best. Demanding customers but great for the CV.

Incredible Development and Management

Nothing is ever too much for any member of the Grantley Hall team. Managers are extremely keen for all members of the team to develop and progress which is shown in the countless training courses they hold on site for all staff to attend. It is the most incredible place to work.

Pros

Amazing development opportunities, endless staff benefits, training academy on site, endless support from management and HR

amazing hotel

I have worked all over the uk within hotels and Grantley hall is amazing. Part of the relais and chateaux group with amazing opportunities in the world. Free uniform, £50 shoe allowance, free staff gym and free meals,

Worst place ever .

This is a junk company. They don't care about the stuff. Only thing important for them is the costumers review. The hour is too much. You work every day 12 hours maybe more.

Pros

The Grantley Hall building .

Cons

All.

Rude management and backstabbing

Never have i worked anywhere as stressful as Grantley Hall. And this is not the work it's the atmosphere. Management are extremely rude, unhelpful and show no respect for all your hard work. They don't care about staff whatsoever ( apart from the ones who collect brownie points and don't mind being spoken to like dirt ). Certain staff members are backstabbers. This is not a nice environment to be in. Grantley Hall is definitely not a friendly enjoyable place to work.

Pros

Nice hotel

Incredible Staff Benefits and Personal Development Plans

Grantley Hall was my first job and it has exceeded all my expectations in terms of the opportunities and staff benefits I have received since starting here in May. I received so much support in my day to day role, and have been given many responsibilities to develop myself and complete my apprenticeship to the highest level and best of my ability. Grantley Hall is a family more than anything and that is emphasised from day one of starting here, every member of the team is approachable and willing to help wherever they can. Everyday I come to work proud to be a part of the Grantley Hall team and inspired by the amazing people I work with. There are endless benfits that Grantley Hall staff are entitled to and an exstensive wellbeing incentive program promoted weekly. There is always room to develop and learn within the business and I have been given serveral opportunities to do so in the 6 months that I have been here. I would recommend working here to anyone and everyone who is keen to learn, has a high work ethic and passionate about the job they do.

Fun, Busy and Friendly Place to Work

I have worked at Grantley Hall for over a year. Having been here since before the hotel opened it has been an amazing experience being part of this project. Having being open a few months, it is really exciting to see guests arrive for the first time and see their reaction to this amazing place. All hotels can be hard work and long hours sometimes, but the people here make it all worth while and I do feel lucky to be working in a 5* hotel in beautiful surroundings. You have to be prepared to work hard but its worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grantley Hall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement