Graphic Packaging logo
Graphic Packaging

Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,179 reviews

Modern fleet and well maintained,

Start times are very varied which can mess up your sleep times a bit. very good Employer who look after there workforce. All in all a good place to work,

No fun and no pleasure.

Worst 10 years of my life given to these target driven bunch of self preservation liars. PPE and OEE and delta e means more than an employee who can give them a good days work. Lies and more lies make this company a delirious success.Well done Graphic Packaging on being a great success and killing a trade industry.

Pros

Not a single thing….

Cons

Working for these penguins

Sh*te

The place is a joke if you are agency or contract, it does not matter, you will get treat worse than rubbish and no one will help as they have found their own cushy little job where they make a few boxes and natter on. Better off on job seekers allowance.

Pros

Zilch

Avoid at all costs.

Awful place to work. They list health & safety as a high priority but only when it suits them. Bullying managers. Very unhappy workforce throughout the company. You're just a number on a payroll.....not a name. Machinery in poor condition but you're expected to run them at maximum speed.Nothing you do is good enough. Only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or worse.If you value your mental health stay well clear.

Pros

Time off between shifts.

Cons

Management.

Workplace

Fantastic people to work with.Very interesting place. Every day there is something new to do and learn

avoid like your life depends on it

shocking place to work with awful management. will treat you like dirt until they affect your mental health. pay is good but because of this they think you're their slave and can treat you how they like with threats for not doing the overtime as god forbid you should have a life away from the factory. group warehouse/transport manager is a con man constantly making sly deals for himself and thinking nobody sees it.

Pros

pay

Cons

the management

Don’t bother !

Got to be the worst company I’ve ever worked for ! They will drain you then dump you out the door ! Management are useless and use bullying tactics to get overtime.

Management against disabilities

I got judged due to my epilepsy and sacked thanks to this they are a horrible company and against you if you have something wrong with you don’t try to find ways to support you just throw you away

Set home for no work

Started working there and most of the time turn up at start of shift just to get set home because of lack of work. When you are on agency you can not afford to work like that. They go on about you have to ware a hair net etc yet the place is dirty so I do not understand why. Only two 15min rest for the 12 hours shift and you are not aloud to go outside during this 12 hours.

Cons

Long hours.

Horrendous place to work

By far the worst place to step foot in. The office at the Gateshead site is absolutely appalling. It's dark and depressing, as soon as you walk in you just want to leave. The office is so gloomy and always someone swearing, shouting, complaining and there is unnecessary confrontation. There is a few kind people but the rest just treat you like you're nothing to them. I as a Trainee especially, was reminded of the difference in my pay gap and importance to the business to the other employees which is very demeaning leaving me feeling unvalued as an employee. I don't even think there's enough characters to explain how awful management is.Couldn't go to them about any issues/problems I had faced as they just came up with excuses to blame me and make them seem perfect. (I wasn't the only one who experienced this). I can say there is a lot of work place bullying that takes place within the Gateshead office but nothing gets done about it because, again management do not take these matters seriously, being told constantly "you shouldn't listen to what other people in the office say" surely this is a matter that should be dealt with to maintain a pleasant working environment? If management are fond of you then the rules are lets say slightly relaxed but if not then you know about it, get watched and monitored so they can pick at anything you do. An example of this, it was highlighted that I had been late back from my 30 minute lunch a few times, however I had been sent out to get 3 peoples lunch most days, which are members of management, and all requested food from different places. -

Jobs at Graphic Packaging

See more jobs

Slave labour

Dirty factory two 15 minute breaks in a 12 hour shift stand in the same place all shift. Treated like dirt wouldnt even wish this place on my worst enemy.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

A very bad one

Printer

Pay is good. Conditions are ok but the building is very old which causes problems like, leaking roof, poor heating, and very hot in summer. Badly managed partly because of the high influx of work coming in and they cannot cope. And the line from engineering management is things will only get repaired if the machine will not run, bodge it and get going.

False information at interview

Absolute shocking , lies told at the interview stage to get you into the company, its a multi drop position anything from 7 to 12 drops per shift. Drivers are contracted to 42.5 hours per week for 28.980 pa , but you regularly do 55 to 60 hours per week , you do the math. The transport Manager is the most obnoxious person you'll ever meet. Stay away it that simple.

Worst Job

I started through an agency, job wasn’t too bad with agency I was supposed to get a contract after 3 month, however I waited 10 month I continued to work there until recently when I was informed my contract ran out in April and all they could offer was a weekly contract, which I refused I strained my back and was on restricted duty sicknote and was informed on Monday (whilst on holiday) I was given a weeks notice No restricted duties occurred and sick note is until the 4th of December when my back will be checked for nerve damage oh and their taking hold I took instead of just going on full time sick, back off me to avoid paying my final wage I have witnessed harassment and bullying of people on a regular basis and am surprised they are not prosecuted more often This has been my personal experience of GPI

hgv 1 driver coalville

long hours for little pay transport team got no idea how to run the business always on your back most enjoyable part of the job is when your going home

Poor management

Not many people happy to be working at GPI Leeds, poor management leading to high stress levels. Too much pressure put on machine operators to keep production up. Health and safety overkill but often overlooked to suit the business, as long as machines are running that’s all that matters.

bad place

Hours are long and you get moaned at for taking your legal breaks. They encourage you to work to the rules, but there is a subtle encouragement to bend them.

Underpaid & poor management

Management take no interest in what’s best for the employees, particularly the factory staff. The majority of roles are vastly underpaid and overworked. Some managers are alright but most are arrogant and/or uncaring, especially in finance and transport. My manager was socially & emotionally inept and didn’t have any time for our department, which ultimately lead to many of us leaving and finder better jobs elsewhere. The few members of staff who were nice people and great at their jobs were massively undervalued and, I know for a fact because they told me, felt incredibly demotivated and were often looking for other jobs elsewhere. You’re not a person in that place, you’re just a number. Think twice!

Pros

1hr lunches and dress down Fridays

Cons

Underpaid, bad management.

Poor company

Not the best company to work for treating people like a number with no respect management talk down to you generally not a good company to work for not good

Productive and friendly place to work

GPI is a fine place to work that pays well if your happy working continental shifts(12 hrs days and nights) on a 4 shift rota,they pay a 33% shift allowance.

It's ok

Good work/life balance. Best thing about the job. 36.5 hr week - 12 hour shifts, 3 days on, 1 off, 3 on, week off. You get a week off every other week but barely any free time every other week also. The money is decent as they pay shift allowance for unsociable hours - about inline with other companies that offer the same. The feeder/packer job is not much fun though, can be stressful QA checking and stripping down some jobs whilst keeping up with the machine. Having been there for about three and a half years I noticed there wasn't a lot of opportunity for advancement. Management isn't great, a little bit disorganised in some aspects and some favouritism evident, not always a fair working environment. Work had dropped off a fair bit over the last year as cutbacks were setting in.

Pros

Good work/life balance, money is ok.

Cons

Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graphic Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement