Green Dog Walking

Green Dog Walking Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Great work/life balance

I've been with Green Dog for over 2 years now and it has been the best work-life balance I have found in a job.Our managers are there for support when we need them but generally you are able to just get on with your regular group of dogs and enjoy walks through Hampstead Heath.I am always happy recommending this job to friends.

One of the best jobs I’ve ever had!

I look back at my time with Green Dog Walking with such happiness and satisfaction that I’m often almost overcome with the urge to quit my current job and return to the peaceful, wholesome atmosphere that my group of furry friends and I created! The management is always quick to communicate with employees and clients alike when necessary, dealing with any issues directly and in a calming tone and, ultimately, are some of the best people I’ve worked for in my life.There are no other groups in London that I would entrust with the care of my own dogs than Green Dog Walking; every member of the team is friendly and helpful, while the senior management maintain a strong sense of direction and fairness throughout.

Insights into Green Dog Walking

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Fun, Mentally rewarding and well structured

Green dog walking did not only see me through with a job but it helped me mentally being out interacting after such long isolated times due to covid it truly was mentally rewarding. The company is well structured and most importantly they listen to their employees treat them kind and fairly.

Pros

Outdoors

Cons

N/a

Great team & management whilst being fun to do

Currently employed & loving the job! Walk 6 dogs for an hour twice a day, learning all sorts about different breed and natures of dogs, and its so rewarding watching your dogs bond with you and each other! Some days can be stressful with the dogs or traffic, but I always get great support from my team & my management. Couldn't recommend it enough!

Unprofessional management

The manager is extremely unprofessional, fired me with little cause and barely any explanation. Terrible communication and made the whole situation feel very personal. Other than that the company seems to be ran well and do good work with the dog walking. Just avoid working here!!!

Love working at Green Dog Walking

I’ve loved working at Green Dog Walking for more than three years. The dogs are amazing and the staff are very supportive. You very much get to manage your own clients, groups and routes with help when needed. You get your own vehicle which you’re able to take home which is a bonus also!

I love working here

Not sure why the low reviews..owner is a really good guy and clearly cares about the welfare of the dogs. This is exactly what I was looking for. Very happy here.

Demanding, fast-paced and fun

Contrary to popular belief walking dogs professionally is hard work - it’s basically like herding a group very fast and toothy toddlers through a park.Being responsible for someone’s family member in this fashion demands a lot of attention, quick thinking and adaptability to quickly changing situations.It’s also exceptionally fun if one loves dogs and doesn’t mind a bit of mud and rain.The team is lovely, but due to the fast-paced nature of the job communication can get a bit chaotic. Management is very approachable so clarifications are never a problem.When I had to first reduce and later stop working due to unrelated mental health reasons the owner was extremely accommodating, which I am grateful for to this day.

Good Place To Work With Good People

The main thing I've noticed in my time here is that everyone really loves and cares for the dogs they walk. At the end of every day, there's a feed of dog pictures taken by the walkers, so if you're ever in need of a lift, looking at all the wonderful snaps of happy dogs out and about is an excellent pick-me-up!It certainly is a fast-paced workplace too, and no two days are ever the same. It's a great job for people who like to get stuck in and get on with things.

Pros

Great colleagues and great canines

Cons

When dogs you've grown fond of leave

An enjoyable experience so far

Have been working for GDW for a while now and really enjoy the day to day of the job. I feel I'm well equipped for what I need in my role and get to spend each day with some great dogs, what's not to love about that! I have good communication with management and they are always there to support me.

Fulfilling experience

I'm grateful for my time as a walker. I had to learn a lot when it came to dealing with dogs and knowing the city around (especially not being from London, or the UK myself) but overall I had a good time. Being out every day in nature, exercising (walking) and being surrounded by dogs is something else. I also made many friends (other walkers) and most of them are like-minded people.

Pros

Spending time with the cutest dogs

Cons

Rainy days outside...

I had the best time working here!

I worked at Green Dog Walking for over 3 years on their countryside daycare. Aside from some very wet days, it was great fun seeing the wonderful dogs each day and being out in nature. No day was ever the same as the dogs have so much character and would always make me laugh. The management were very supportive when needed, but generally it’s the kind of job where you have your regular group of dogs to walk and can be left to it.

Pros

You have your regular group of dogs, they become your little family!

Cons

Be prepared for British weather!!

No structure

The management have no structure in the job, they don’t inform you of their absences and the quality of the vans is a disgraceful quality for the dogs. Too many dogs in one cage, the animal welfare is not at that standard

Pros

Outside, 1 hour lunch

Cons

Condition of cages for dogs. Poor management

Really good ...to start off with

I thought the owner and I created a really good rapport between us but then suddenly pulled me aside and sacked me...no Formal warning no explanation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Dog Walking. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement