Green Retreats

Green Retreats Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Management roles are a joke

I worked for Green Retreats for 10 months. During that time I received little or no support from senior management. I was tasked with setting up a new depot, in 10 months I received 3 visits from senior management, none of which helped me, they literally popped in for coffee and a look around. They commented how well the place was being run, yet disciplined me for defending my position and company health and safety policies.If you like working really long hours to find out that your direct reports are earning more money than you, then to top it off you take on more and more responsibility beyond those of your role for no extra money, then I’d highly recommend a career at Green Retreats Ltd.

Pros

On site parking

Cons

Long hours, undervalued, no senior support, everything done last minute with a severe lack of planning

Installer

Bad management and time keeping. When I had issues the management team wanted no part of it. Made you work excessive hours with little to no reward.

Insights into Green Retreats

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

No support from management

After being a Green Retreats for a short period of time, everyone's true colours showed. One person in particular thinks they own the whole place and rules everyone without them being any higher up in regards to their role. This person purposely won't train you to do anything better than them, so they still get the credit. Asking you to do something but then overtakes and does it themselves. Lies to everyone's face and blames it on memory loss. Doesn't like to be proven wrong so argues it and then purposely sets you up to fail. All the benefits are there for the company to attract you to join them but don't fall for it! Out of every job I've had this company hit me the hardest, affected my mental state and made me not want to return to even collect the rest of my stuff.

Exhausting and lack of benefits

The company is well established and is leading in its size but this is probably down to how they treat their employees. I was working at the Farnborough Depot. The depot manager has no loyalty to staff that are working non-stop and going above and beyond for the employer. Everyone is told they have the potential to progress but when a position becomes available you notice everyone is still treated as bottom grade staff. There is a lot of false hope of progression and false promises. I would not recommend working here to any of my friends.

Pros

You will learn a lot

Cons

Once you learn it all, you don’t get paid any more than when you started, It’s long hours, you will feel unappreciated for your hard work.

Not worth the time

This company will offer it all but deliver nothing. They don’t pay you correctly for your overtime and it is among the lowest wages in the industry for this type of work.Expect to work long hours and have a team leader or manager that just expects too much.Look around as the pay is so low and could easily find higher wages elsewhere. They also advertise a higher wage than they actually give.

Pros

Long hours, training is quite good

Cons

Low pay, stressful, non-stop working, false promises

Twickenham

I was work part-time at Green Retreats and my experience has been very good working with them since their administrative staff has always been very friendly and my withdrawal from the company was for personal reasons but not because I had a problem with the company, on the contrary, it was always pleasant Work there.

Pros

The work schedule was workable for me.

Working at Green retreats is long hours poor working conditions

Put up garden byildings in all weather's including snow it's a if your face fits sort of company but the work is garenteed and the money is regular not the best pay but loads of overtime they say 40 hrs a week but its more like 50 to 50 hrs a week and you can't just leave site at 12 to get back to the yard at 2 so you are expected to do the hrs, it suits some people.

Pros

Regular work

Cons

Great company to work for

Good company they look after you when needed always overtime good staff always opportunity to progress within the company and learn new skills always willing to help

Manily this job is alright.

Green retreats a big growing company that makes the garden office or summerhouse buildings, they are also known as a temporary building which is very good when you dont need planning for them. The company also make the windows in house cutting down the costs of having them made out of house. They only give the installation team a 1 to 2 days to install a building.

good

A good company to work for, friendly people and a good work ethic, i enjoyed my time at this company but just feel that it is not the place to pursue a career in IT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Retreats. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement