GREENCORE logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Greencore

This was very hard working there becuse they never gave u fullshift to work they aleays sent you home early so u was not making enougj money as agency didnt give much hours but it was friendly environment as there were all foreigners working cheap labour

Good for start

It's was good place to start career. I started working through agency then I got full time contract, I worked on few positions which was helpful in my cv. I gain lots of experience as company is on advanced level with procedures, innovations etc. Place itself is stressful, the better u are the more U will need to do. I been required to do few jobs in the same time. This place gave me mental breakdown as there was no management support whenever issue occurred, people are used and treated very bad. Everyone stabbing each other's back. There is no respect for anyone in this place. Management is very unprofessional and often have lack of basic knowledge or even English language. Salary don't match responsibilities, it's very low if u wanna work in higher position. I only regret that I stayed there too long.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Toxic environment

People of the Core

Caring company that focus on staff wellbeing. An employer that goes the extra mile. Offers great benefits and always finding new ways of engagement. A great company to grow and develop your skills.

Pros

Sandwiches at great prices

Excellent job security

I really enjoyed my time at greencore as a delivery driver. You had to start at 4.30 am load your van with the days work. Usually get to your first drop about 6.00 am. Really easy to do your just delivering sandwiches and snacks. My route had 25 drops so I was finished 10.30 then drive back to depot. The job was salaryed so job and finish I Usually worked 35 per week but got payed for 48. I would recommend this company for employed with this company.

Pros

Job and finish

Cons

Early starts

Could of been better

Lack of progression , pay is poor along with poor management would of stayed here longer if there was more opportunities to progress and earn better money but I found this to be none existent

Pros

Worked with some good people

Cons

low pay poor management

Not nice

Office managers ok. Praised for your good work. Factory managers team leaders. Don’t care. I even got slagged off by QA’s for stopping the line when it was a health and safety issue. Prawns in salmon spreed. When I first went there I was on the QA department. I was bullied from day one by management. 1 other staff said don’t worry when someone else comes she will pick on them. She did get sack but not for along time after she’d done same to others. Worst place ever. I went off with anxiety and depression

I want to work again

I want to work again .Very friendly companies.Pay my salary at time.It is very clean work place .Menegers treat the world with respect.The team is very respectful. There is no difference between the races

Enjoyanle and challenging workplace

It was a good company to work for. Each day was different and challenging. Really good colleagues and good company benefits. The hours that I worked were very good.

Pros

Good hours

Avoid

Too much expectation for too little reward, salary wise i feel like being in 2005 not 2020. Majority of management and office staff r useless. Bank holidays not paid extra. Avoid, unless you’re desperate.

Pros

Early start, early finish

Cons

Extremely low pay

Not recommended

Bullying going off I was paid normal staff rates though I was hygiene, this was higher grade of pay than I received. Even when I was off sick with stress HR manager added to the stress and made it impossible for me to come back. Though I left a while ago now I still think people should know this. To be honest most of people who work there say they're looking for a new job

Jobs at GREENCORE

See more jobs

Pathetic place

An absolute joke of a business how it keeps going is only down to good pickers/drivers. Management are hilariously poor they couldn't run a bath.i would do over 8 hrs regulary but get paid for 8 while others do 51/2 hrs but paid for 8 ?? They have just screwed over loyal staff by moving site I would only recommend avoiding here they say u get 29 days holiday u don't I could go on avoid avoid avoid.

no culture

the hardest part of the job, to much pressure , wery low rate for this job {reach truck driver} ,no culture. thanks.

Excellent training opportunities

Although the pay and benefits are basic, there is plenty of training courses available for supervisors and managers. The business has put a lot of money and energy into training programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge in the workplace.

Dogs body

Absolutely disgraceful. Went for interview was told to go back next day for induction. Manager kind of showed us round and then left us to it. No idea what to do. Stuck it a week and that was enough. People in and out constantly. No job satisfaction, no praise, no recognition for doing a good job or working hard. Treated like dogs. Don't go there.

Quisiera volver

Me parece que ahĂ­ es un buen sitio para trabajar puesto que incentivan la productividad y la iniciativa del personal, a la vez que mantienen un buen nivel de higiene y seguridad.

Pros

Salario, horas extra

Cons

No estoy ahĂ­.

I am a ambitious, competitive snd pozitive person.

I am a serios persons, worker, ambitious, competitive, ordinate, pozitive, o good leader, I like stability and I want work for a long time. I have o good sense of observation.

Absolutely rubbish

Avoid this company. They treat people like slaves and they want you to work some hours for free. They always mess up the wages. They payslip are not easy to understand as well. If you are a QM you have to go before everyone else and start like 20 min before but they will not pay for it. But you need to work 20 min before to do all checks before the line starts working. Most manager cannot speak good enough English. cacannotceven speak

Worst place i have ever work.

This place is horrible.bad wage for the effort you have to put in.you get shorted on your hours.also get about 10 mins break times as taking off your kit and putting them back on come out of your time.you don't get paid for properly for booked holiday.on your days off you get phone calls to go in and if you don't work overtime you have to deal with a load of attitude.overall bad place.

Greencore is a good company to work for overall

There is good opportunity to progress your career at Greencore. Co prefers to promote from within. The only downside of internal promotion is the salary. Colleagues who are promoted from within tend to earn a lot less than those from who join from outside the company. There should be a system in place to correct this anomaly after 6 months of being in the role, especially when colleagues perform better than those recruited from outside.

For the love of god don’t work for this company

Hands down the worse company I have ever worked for with out shadow of doubt. The management team are absolutely useless. No sick pay no benefits what so ever treated with no respect

Fun and efficient working place.

The management and the level of effeciency in the company is top tier and efficient.The employee benefits and salaries are exceptional and commendable .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GREENCORE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement