Greenleaf House

Greenleaf House: 30 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

younghousesupportstaffcarecompanymanagementpeople

Challenging but Rewarding

Been with Greenleaf over half a year now. The job has it challenges but with staff and management all on board to help each other out, it all runs smoothly in the end.Greenleaf is a great place to work and provides a safe and loving enviroment for the children. Young people are busy with activities and events and everyday day youre kept on the move.

Pros

Free food, extra money due to sleepovers. More days off.

Cons

Long days.

Awful, absolutely awful

I dont know where to start but in my time here i had an awful experience. Management are terrible. Seniors aren't helpful. So many lies and backstabbing. Protocols broken and staff not looked after, also promises that would be broken. Staff are treated awfully and spoken about constantly. My mental health was so badly effected it seriously effected my self esteem. I couldnt believe how rude management where. And this is a place looking after traumatised children. I couldnt imagine living in these unpredictable places myself. There were some really lovely staff that all left because they got sick of it. All the houses where the same, because it comes down to the management. The kids dont get better infact i think we make them worse because the rules and goalposts change so often. I felt so hurt and let down at the end. My colleagues and i were tired of the put downs and never seeming like we could do good enough. Something was always wrong. I think they are a very sneaky and lying company. Id consider highly that reading any positive review would be because management are writing it because they are crying out for staff.

Pros

When the kids are good it can be a good day with lots of laughter and fun

Cons

Far too many to write but all of the above

Insights into Greenleaf House

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun and child centred place to work.

I’ve worked at Greenleaf for nearly a year now, am really happy in my job, and have learnt that they are a company that really do try to put the young people in their care first. All staff are empowered to play a part in making decisions about the young people’s care and are trusted to carry this out. The houses are run like family homes and are relaxed and fun with lots of opportunities to get out and about. You get out as much as you are willing to put in at Greenleaf, they have supported me to progress my career and really value how my skills can be utilised.

Pros

Shift pattern that is good for work/life balance, Plenty of training and development opportunities, Food provided, Fair rates of pay

Cons

Long shifts (though they have a good reason for this).

Amazing company to work for.

The company strives to promote a positive, nurturing and family culture within the working environment. This is always an agenda to see what can be done to further improve and to make our staff feel valued within the workplace. Our services have a homely feel where the young people are feel welcomed on arrival and with support from our excellent staff team, endeavour to achieve positive outcomes for our kids in order for them the best possible start in life and go on to life happy and fulfilled lives.

No professional boundaries

This place needs to be properly managed by people who have the relevant experience in care . There are no boundaries or consistency Staff turnover very high and no manager wants to address this . Would not recommend.

Unsupportive higher management

Lied to by the Head of Care to get me to join the company.2 weeks training was good (best thing about the company)Expected to travel 2-2.5hrs to other houses with NO travel expenses (even after being promised it)Location of houses all over Scotland means cover for illnesses is poor - There is an expectation for houses to cover their own sickness.Company is top heavy in senior management (causing shortages in lower management) and some "promotions" seem to be down to personality rather than ability.Budgets very tight and many staff have to take their own food in even when told staff eat from the house budget.The company seems to send constant passive aggressive emails to staff, openly put down staff and when staff put in resignations some managers can be abusive, and email accounts etc are deleted before the end of any notice period.

Pros

Initial Training, Pay is ok

Cons

Senior management, Very little "on-call" support, Not open to constructive criticism, Expectation to travel to other houses with no fuel costs

At the forefront of residential childcare

Only been at Drummond House just over a year. So far I have found the new manager very supportive of staff. They have a system that works well. Things are done properly at Greenleaf House.My aim is to move to a Senior's role. Lots of opportunities and progression. Managers here WANT you to go further I fell unlike previous employers I've had... I'm hoping by end of year at least I have a better vision further into my progression.

Pros

Great staff and Management. Job Satisfaction

Cons

None so far.

Talks a good game in reality it's about bums on beds

Only good part of the company in the trainer he gives you some of the tools you need management poor and no support managers all no one another from other companies nepotism is rife and the company looks for people who will always say yes

Pros

Young people are amazing

Cons

Staffing a constant issue

Excellent company where the team work together team work makes the dream work 🙌

Excellent company with really good promotional prospects Excellent salary We work to give the child a life for the future and make it balanced .

Cons

14 +Sleep

Avoid

Avoid like the plague. Incompetence at the highest level of this company. Directors do not fit their own job description in terms of experience or qualifications. A hostile working environment, proven by the number of people who have came and went. Many members of the team would work ridiculous amounts of overtime and as a thank you for this, they stopped overtime enhancements and changed the structure of the house, leading to redundancies. Meanwhile the area managers are promoted to directors, an unnecessary waste of money. Perhaps if they put more time and effort into trying to promote a positive atmosphere among the staff, there would not be such obscene levels of staff turnover, consequently unsettling the house. Ultimately, this company are trusted to look after and support extremely vulnerable young people. This is concerning when there are such shocking levels of incompetency across the board. Would be better if the company went bust so the young people within their care could be placed elsewhere in a more therapeutic and competent environment. I would encourage any member of staff currently employed or anyone thinking about gaining employment with this company to run a mile

Fun and well managed workplace

This company from top to bottom is well run with all members of the company aiming towards the same goal. Training was brilliant and well explained. All staff are excellent and respectful. the company is 100% person centred care and the young people are the number one priority and are well helped and looked after to have a better life and to have a better future. I cant express enough how good this company is run and how nice all the staff are. The salary is living wage which is excellent and sleeps are a good pay too. Hours are fantastic aswell and they take into consideration that each person has a home and a life outside the workplace therefore offers a well work life balance.

Pros

Salary, Well managed from top to bottom, brilliant hours

Cons

Child is always at the centre.

Everything about my experience with Greenleaf so far has been fantastic, from the training, staff, work environment and management I was made to feel part of the team from the get go. Having worked in Residential care for a number of years I was intrigued by their ethos and business model. The child is at the centre of everything we do incorporating a range of therapies to support the young person, tailored to their likes and interests. The environment feels very homely and the decor is personalised for the children who live there, with lots of personal touches. I would highly recommend working here. Very much a home from home.

Pros

Great team, plenty free time, opportunity to grow and develop.

You get what you give!

This job is what YOU make it! It’s either for you or it’s not! I have found the management and senior management to be incredibly supportive. It is a challenging job no matter what company you work for but Greenleaf have been a pleasure to work for! All my efforts have been appreciated and I feel valued! Looking forward to my future with this company

Pros

Feeling appreciated

Dreadful company

Do not go near this company your registration will be at risk Senior management are horrible ppl you wouldn't go to them for anything they all came from same company nepotism is rife .

Pros

New manager is good

Cons

Management shifts some staff notto be trusted

Positive, supportive and fun workplace

Drummond House is a fun workplace with no day being the same as the last. Management are incredibly supportive and work hard to ensure that the young people and staff team are well cared for. Focused on making a difference in young peoples life’s and tailored to each individual needs.

Pros

Good in house culture, supportive staff and management

Cons

Long hours but plenty of days off in between

At the forefront of residential childcare

Pros

Great staff and Management. Job Satisfaction

Cons

None so far.

Great growing organisation

Working with Greenleaf has been such a fun and great experience. Since starting with Greenleaf all staff have been so supportive. I feel the job I do is meaningful and the young people are at the centre of everything which so often are empty promises going on my past experiences. Giving the growth I hope to have a great career when the company, can't rate them highly enough.

Pros

Good pay, support

Cons

Get to really make a difference

Love being part of the Greenleaf family, as each of our young people have their own house and staff team, you are really able to make positive differences in that young persons life. On joining Greenleaf you can choose a particular therapy that interested you such as pet therapy, Talking and Drawing, reflexology or Mindfulness, Greenleaf will then fund for you to become fully trained practitioner within your choosen area. As well as our young people staff are also encouraged to grow with clear progression routes available to those who wish.

Pros

Getting to be part of a great team

Cons

Long shifts and unsociable hours

Brilliant place to work with excellent staff and management team. Fun and productive environment to work and 100% job satisfaction

Learned a lot from my colleagues and the Manager the culture within the company in general is that it is a fun place to work with the needs of the children at the forefront of everyone's mind.The most enjoyable aspect is working with great kids, staff and management.

Pros

Great staff and Management. Job Satisfaction

Cons

Rural Location

Its a journey i want to be part of

Greatness starts small it does and sweating the small stuff we do! Kids are the first and foremost in the journey!The work place is warm and the character is fun, the management are all different and the culture is accepting and good,The job is fantastic and we deliver exactly what is said an amazing journey so far

Pros

Young peoples future

Cons

There is not enough shared on what we do

Should be zero

If I could give this company a 0 that's what it would be, they might have an all singing and dancing website but in reality it's all a lie which you won't actually find out until you start the job yes the job is challenging but it's the director's and some management that are putting the obstacles in the way. In some houses it's like being at school where you have that one person who wants to be the teachers pet who is always telling tales on staff. There is no support from from SLT or management they are nice to your face and then stab you in the back. They say in your training to never make a promise you can't keep they definitely need to learn this if you don't have the facilities don't promise them to fill your home's. Keep every email ,txt ,phone call , log every thing because if something happens management will gladly put the blame on you so they come out smelling of roses. Education is a joke if you are waiting for a job at the school they where opening you will be waiting along time as the only progress that has made is going on the market again . When you have your interview make sure you get everything in writing that they offer you as when you ask for it you are told no if you want a job where you are supported and respected then don't come here as it's the last thing you will get. Stay well away

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long days, no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenleaf House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement