GreenSquare Group

GreenSquare Group Employee Reviews

I worked at GreenSquare Group full-time Good work hours, People in the business were amazing to work with Flexibility in terms of holiday leave was great
Customers are very dissatisfied with the service.Staff are overworked and cant give the time residents need. They do not care about staff or residents. The company is too cooperate. Staff work hard but managers dont like supporting their teams. It's very stressful when the team leaders are on your back. Too much criticism. HR never pass back exit interview summaries and if they have nothing changes or improves.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful place to work in
People group with managers to fire people making up lies the housing team fail on alarm testing and helping residents no one has had support through this pandemic residents are feeling low and neglected staff don’t care don’t ring them or report repairs they fail as a organization and delete reviews no wonder they are being bought out they fail to care for staff
Pros
Wages and holiday
Cons
Don’t work there don’t care attitude to staff
Brilliant company to work for, Greensquare help you progress. I came in as an administrator and now am a surveyor. Great. Mangers give so much support.
GreenSquare is no longer a nurturing employer. They do not invest in their staff and there is very much a "them and us" culture between senior management and customer facing staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, no investment in staff
Came in as an apprentice on £550 per month and was promoted within 4 months and my wage monthly tripled. Having to deal with unhappy customers daily does make it hard but the people you work with make it a lot better. You are able to gain such a vast amount of knowledge which you can take on to other roles. I have worked at GreenSquare nearly 2 years and I can’t fault them at all, I’ve never needed any support while working here but I can be assured if I did it would be provided. The wages are better than all other local jobs similarly admittedly you have to do more but it’s worth it! Review don’t always tell the true story but from my experience GreenSquare are a great company to work for! I would highly recommend them.
Pros
Excellent pay, health benefits and great colleagues.
Cons
Flexibility as a Customer Service Officer
Considering this company have contracts with the council, it would be fair to assume it is an ethical and mature company. This couldn't be further from the truth. The company focus on expanding management staff whilst continue to apply pressure on the operational workers. The company either have a lack of processes, policy and procedure (which I doubt as I would hope this would be evaluated by the council in a bid) or failure to adhere to them, lack of knowledge and understanding in how to run a business. The company has completely failed to understand how to run a business properly. Colleagues are continually pressured in completing work they are not confident, qualified or experienced in, but this is manipulated into individuals not being team players. Individuals are keen to identify improvement opportunities, but sadly management have little interest unless it increases management head count. I have witnessed numerous occasions where concerns regarding tenants safety has been raised however again, unless you are skilled in politics, the individuals are isolated as the problem despite being directed not to follow proper regulations by management. Corners are cut on a regular basis for money and numbers/SLA's reported are manipulated for the benefit of the company. Operational staff are left without any support. There isn't a trade union for support and when staff raise concerns, management quickly find a reason to install fear over job security. I have seen individuals threatened with dissmisal on numerous occasions without a formal process.
Pros
Salaries
Cons
The management and lack of respect for employees
Managers don't seem to understand the job role as they seem to get rid of a lot of people due to 'Stress' but when you speak to them about your situations or frustrations they always say something along the lines of "we're here to support you, let us know if we can do anything to reduce this" then cut your hours / end the contract / give you menial tasks to get you gone rather than actually try and help you get used to taking verbal abuse. The hardest part of the job will be getting anything resolved, you have to liaise with colleges to achieve a repair or visit etc etc but most departments just pass the job along in a constant circle so if you're the type that wants to actively help people , this probably isn't for you.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Managers & Staff not doing their jobs
Bureaucratic management and narcissistic staff who treat one another with little respect. Getting rid of staff left right and centre to save money when services are already dismal at best.
I start my day in the office around 7.45am and currently work 28 hours per week. Having four people to support, there's never a dull moment! Each one of them has a different way of working and very different personalities but thankfully all easy to get on with and show appreciation for work carried out for them. GreenSquare currently has offices based in 4 different locations; Chippenham, Swindon, Oxford and Gloucester. Each of the people I support like to spread their time in each office which means a fair bit of diary juggling to optimise their time. I work in a small team, Management Support Team, which comprises 4 Exec Assistants, supporting 5 Executive Directors plus some Heads of Service. We, as a team, offer flexibility to our 'customers' in that we are able to provide cover whenever anyone in the team is on leave or off sick. The hardest part of the job is almost a cliché in that there are never enough hours in the day. But, having said that, that is also what makes the job enjoyable because it is always busy and I thrive on being able to ensure I prioritise effectively and hit deadlines. The people who work at GreenSquare are - in the main - friendly and approachable which makes for a pleasant working environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours
  1. Employee reviews