Greggs

Greggs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,088 reviews

Found 2,088 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,106 reviews

Alright not too bad

Management could be way better. You don’t get free food on shifts. Don’t recommend a store in central if you’re inexperienced as it’s very busy and fast-paced

It was a warm a nice welcoming.

I worked ten hours for greggs and got paid 26 pounds, I was told the job was 8.15 a hour and then after being in the hospital all weekend, I was removed from the group chat so decided to leave.

Insights into Greggs

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Productive and fun

Not a bad job company benefits are quite good getting 50% off products. Often expected to work lots of overtime due to staff calling in sick overall not bad.

Fast paced workplace

Greggs is a good place to work if you want fast paced, especially in the busier stores. Management definitely have favourites and senior team members sometimes look down their nose at you and expect way too much if you're just starting out. The pay is good but only get 15 minute breaks.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Too much attitude, people talking behind your back

Good place to start

Pay is not the best but is a good place to start your career.Lots of young kids work over the weekends.Friendly staff.Overall is an easy job . Counts

Fast paced

Job can be fast paced and thankless at times, like most retail you get rude customers from time to time. some senior members of staff make it feel like life and death when it’s just pies at the end of the day. I feel like to enjoy this job really depends on your manager and colleagues, can be fun and rewarding with the right people on shift.

Pros

50 percent discount

Cons

can be very fast paced and stressful during peak hours

Not too good

Average not the best small locations r worst like a 1cm cube and a chair as a break away near all the coat hooks, occasional free drinks and no free food

Harsh work environment

Area manager Store manager Line managers They aren’t helpful. The pay here is great but they just throw you in without training and completely ignore all calls and emails when you are in need of assistance.

Pretty good, colleagues make it fun

Good for flexibility or short contractsPay is above NM and sometimes gets bonuses which is cool Shifts are good, and never finish too late, can be stressful sometimes but it is what you make it to be

Average

Didn't get taught how to do anything. Then getting shouted at for not knowing how to do anything.Certain employees were extremely nice and made sure you knew what you were doing and happy doing so. Making it a bit more cheerful.

Good company

Good company to work for, not just standing and serving sausage rolls it is a very fast paced environment but the values and culture and benefits package make it worth it. Greggs really look after their staff.

Not a bad place

The hours are long and being on your feet is hard work. However you do get a lot of breaks so it’s nice to have a rest. The pay isn’t bad and always get paid on time.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Being on feet

You're just a cog in a machine

The days are generally straight forward but can be mundane. Required to work long hours with little rest time. If you're a kid or student it can be a good source of income working weekends but if you want to make a career out of just be wary that it's all about what profit they can eek out of a shop and the support from above is virtually non existant

Fantastic work place

They are a good company to work for everyone looks after you and they work around family to also help you to succeed in your career.You will never get board working for greggs it’s always busy

Toxic workplace

I had an awful manager who liked to look over my shoulder constantly and criticise every move I made. I'm a student and I was put on more hours than I could handle after saying no. My co-workers talked awfully about customers. You'd go home after a 10 hour shift feeling greasy and disgusting. It was so stressful I started getting heart palpitations. Would not recommend!!

A good place to work

If I had found a way to get enough sleep during the day I would have continued working as a driver on nightshift.It was a relaxed place to work with some really good people there and the money was nice. Management was pretty decent for the most part

Fun workplace

It’s okay not that great tbh it’s stressful asf and fast pased so you gotta prepare for that.Good pay good hours manager was lovely asf I definitely recommend it.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stressful

Nice job but horrible management

i always liked working there with all the other team members however my manager was absolutely horrible to me. it was my first job and she expected me to know all about customer service, tillware & food hygiene when i was just 17. my mom had just died and my manager made me come in 2 days after. at the end of the day the 50% discount is nice but just watch out for the nasty management.

productive and fun

Great place to work with amazing people. fast paced environment but can learn and grow as a person whilst working there. Would recommend when there to anyone

Fun workplace but fast paced at times

Fun place to work, feel like part of a family, can be stressful and fast-paced at times. Pays pretty good and there’s always a chance of promotion once you’ve worked there long enough.

Job is ok but constantly pressured to be faster even if you’re being as fast as possible

Managers always saying that employees are slow even if they’re doing three different tasks at once and are going as fast as possible. Coworkers make the job bearable but without good coworkers I would have quit ages ago

Pros

Free hot drinks on shift. 50% discount

Cons

Management are under a lot of pressure and take it out on team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Greggs with

• Greggs
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?