Greggs

Greggs Management reviews: Team Member

Can be hectic and is busy! Multi tasking always and on your feet alot. Team work counts and friendly helpful work colleaguesakes this a happy place to work
Pros
Friendly and fun ppl to work with
Cons
Early starts and some management are very nice
Management is a joke at Greggs if you haven’t been there a while then don’t expect to feel welcome they treat you like nothing and they expect you to be perfect staff talk behind your back and belittle you in any way and criticise everything manager has their favourites who just sit in the back chatting whilst you’re left alone on til doing all the hard work and only a 15 min break every 4 hours not worth it at all pay is okay but don’t expect to move up there’s no room for progression staff literally swear at you and call you dumb even though your only just training AVOID
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Management, long hours
This was the first place I worked and I loved it. It’s fast paced at moments but it’s not too stressful. Lots of chances to pick up extra shifts. The manager and supervisors in my store were lovely. They made me feel so comfortable and helped me with my training.
Pros
Free hot drinks on shift, 50% off staff discount, great breaks, management is lovely and other staff are friendly.
Cons
Quite fast paced.
Loved the job as a out going person loved meeting new customers and seeing regularly customers come back unfortunately had to leave because of disability which was made fun of by management.
They do not care about their staff. Its all about the money. They have policies in place that are unfair and are harmfully strict on discipline. At Team member level you are just a number in the system and they can and possibly will replace you.
I would never ever work at greggs again not even if it was the last job on earth the management was a nasty piece of work every day I would dread going into work I was tired and fed up of the treatment they gave us I’m just happy I don’t work there anymore
Pros
Cons
No breaks, long hours, mean managers, low pay
Management was rubbish. Always got hours changed at last minute so never knew when I was meant to be on shift. Other employees thought they were way better then you and make you feel rubbish about yourself. Bad environment to work in wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Bad management
Worked there for a year management was less than approachable.Was on sandwich counter constantly and on one occasion was told if u didn't Speed up I would face a disaplinary. Often worked from 7 till closing as always short staff
Pros
Free coffee5
Cons
Long hours no work life balance
Productive and fun place to work if you are lucky enough to get to work with the right colleges, however, the work load involved is immense, fast paced and draining, not much help from the management who tend to use their title roll as an excuse to sit in the back office and do nothing!!!!
Pros
Free drink and 50% off produce
Cons
Long hours hard work lazy management
I started the job role confidant but by time I left I was a bundle of nerves. I was shouted at told I was stupid and not treated very nicely at all by the manager. Since I've left the role I've had anxiety issues ever since which has carried through to other job roles where I've constantly questioned my abilities to do the job role I'm in, I've even found myself physically shaking at times when I've been afraid of management.
Pros
50% discount and great company to work for.
Cons
Poor store management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Greggs?
Greggs really care for their staff, the pay is good for what you do, abs if you work hard and show you enjoy your job you will definitely be considered for progression in the company when there is availabilities. Working in greggs shops can be stressful and very fast paced at busy times and you need to be prepared to constantly be multitasking. Good Customer service is the most important thing in this job as it is the biggest role you will play, not being afraid to get your hands dirty is also a good thing as there is lots of grimey jobs to do. I have been very lucky to be in a great store with amazing colleagues and management.
Pros
1 free hot drink a day and great discounts on food
Cons
Flexibility is key to getting this job
Depending on which u work mine was westminster. Being the youngest one working i was picked on majority of the time and was being talked about behind my back as if i couldn’t hear what they were saying. Overall All my supervisors was rude store manager rude. Never working in THAT greggs again.
Pros
Staff discount, Colleagues
Cons
Rude managers/ store managers
This is my second time working here and it's still just as good, pay is amazing, people and management. Through lockdown we were kept up to date with everything and paid fairly. People in the shop are great to work with, only bad thing is some customers!
I enjoyed my time at Greggs, such a good company to work for. They give you benefits out of kindness, and the people in the higher levels of Greggs management were amazing, and paid you great respect without being patronising.
Pros
Discounted prices, great monetary benefits.
Cons
Some tough store managers, chucked in at the deep end.
Great pay, staff and management are all very friendly and it is a nice place to work. Only criticism is that communication has been quite poor during the pandemic.
It’s a good work environment and staff are lovely, however management are terrible and could get away with murder! Some staff get treated unfairly compared to others. Pay is good.
Pros
Staff Discount Card
Cons
Bad management
Greggs has been a dream to work for, all of my colleagues throughout have been wonderful, management shows real interest in your life and always go out of their way to motivate. Benefits are generous and always more hours going if needed.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not a lot of advancement offered
Colleagues and management was very kind and friendly. Very easy to communicate with and understanding in different situations. Would absolutely recommend others to apply here when able to
Not bad if you have a decent manager, unfortunately had to leave as my manager was ignorant of dealing with mental health issues and told me I was bringing the mood of the shop down whilst I was struggling with servere depression. The same manager made racist jokes about my ethnicity so I decided I had to leave.
Pros
Good pay, decent shift lengths and good discount
Cons
no room for job advancement, managers are hit and miss.
Company micromanage everything down to the literal words you have to say to every customer and it what order you have to put a coffee on the machine. Monthly mystery shoppers that you can fail for something as little as asking “do you want any sauce on your sandwich” rather than “do you want red or brown sauce on your sandwich”, if you fail twice you get an official warning on your file and if you fail three times you get fired work life balance is horrible as they expect you to be available within less than an hours notice sometimes early starts, incredibly tough shifts and over barring managers
area managers dont care about your issues .you dont get set shifts well some people dont but if you face fits they allow some to have set shift but not other .one rule for one and one for other . they expect to much of one person .doing sandwiches in the scale time is hard .have to stay over without pay to finish them. they moan at relevent things like didnt smile right way.. they make you feel bad when customers put fake complaints in to get freebies . you are just a number they dont care if you have family or health isues