Greig Avinou Ltd

Greig Avinou Ltd Reviews: Working at Greig Avinou Ltd

United Kingdom14 reviews

Good company

Good company and great lads ...just need better wages etc but overall good company. Left due to career advancement and better wages. Otherwise I would have stated .

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Wages

Clueless owner, clueless manager

It used to be a good place to work until greig got involved, doesn't listen to advice as he knows best. Absolutely clueless along with the new manager he employed

Insights into Greig Avinou Ltd

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Not bad

All in all it was ok.... left alone as long as you get your jobs done I think I went about 3/4 weeks once without a phone call to see how I was.. very relaxed

Great place enjoyable relaxed

Great place to work enjoyed every minute of it really relaxed staff and management, overtime salary could be better but great place to work never wake up dreading work. Just a shame they never had enough work to keep me going in a job or I would have given this place a 6 out a 5 rating but left without job kids and house so wasn't the best wish I could have had some notice to have had time to look for another job

Pros

Good hours

Cons

None really

Great Work Culture

Great place to work. They really do provide you with the tools to exceed in your job role. Great management structure. I've learned so much whilst I've been here and am continuously learning more and more on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Development Opportunities

Cons

Sociable Working Hours

Wouldnt RECOMMEND this company at all.....

I found working here to be lonely and did not receive the proper support that I should have from management! Family run that's for sure, they look out for their own and they are protected. The money was reasonable and the hours were good so that part is a positive but honestly I would not recommend anyone to work in with the administration team as you are poorly managed and compared to family members.

Cons

Gossip run and they look after their family

Love my job

Worked here for almost two years, fit in straight away. Very professional. Wages are great. Always offerd overtime when I want it Management is super and very helpful. Always get paid on time with correct amount Get all gear and equipment needed when required. Best firm I've ever worked for

Great workplace

Started working here in January, loved every minute, great place to work good team of lads good rates of pay, great management. You know exactly what your doing from day to day no chasing or asking what job your doing, excellent organisation. I would recommend greig Avinou. Good company to work for.

some are just salty

seems that some of the past reviews must of been made from people that got the sack or something as none of this is true!!! Its a very good working environment with a good crew of workers, I'm more than happy here, just seems not everybody was cut out for the place due to them writing this total utter garbage!!

Pros

godd hours that suit

Cons

none that I have experienced

Happy worker

I have worked at Greig Avinou for 1 year since leaving the Army, couldn't be more happier, good gang of lads, good friendly boss who always shows his gratitude towards me and the lads, very good salary to say I only clean windows, own company van aswell a company phone, weekly pay, no stress, and you gain your ipaf and pasma.

Pros

workforce

Cons

weather

Great team. I will miss you all

I have never worked for a company that feels like working with my family. In the good sense. :-) We all worked hard and were recognized for doing so. I got to interface with all team members and aspects of the care given to our clients. Also, I believe that the right hand always knows what the left hand is doing!"

Pros

Fantastic colleagues

Loved working here

working on industrial units cleaning windows .traditional and reach and wash systems used. Better pay than most companies. Regretted leaving but had a chance at something new

Pros

Everyday different

Cons

British Weather

Weekly money but you have to sign away your life just another number to be used and abused.

Having worked here for 5 years I was glad to finally wake up and realise how much work had taken over my life so I left for another job with better prospects. Typical day is get picked up ( if you don't have a van ) early or late if the guy sleeps in or was sick ( again ) work can range from 8hour day to 15hours. You do retail in the morning then expected to do all the big commercial jobs in the afternoon basically do it or we'll get someone else to do the job is what they say. Management no idea what to do planning is well non existent, you work a full week then they say oh by the way it's a night clean tonight or weekend work. There is no communication in advance to work a weekend if you have family plans booked forget it! The equipment is ok but you wait forever for replacement uniform or equipment and if you ask for new equipment you get the whole lecture on profit and loss blah blah blah. On my final note no matter how hard you work you get no thanks or praise. There is no prospects to advance within the company your basically a number a body to be used to get the ridiculous amount of work completed each week, night , weekends etc. Also they have a lot of staff who throw sickies and basically leave you in the firing line, so you'll be on big jobs alone there is no team work which is sad as there are some good lads working there.

Pros

Weekly Pay, some staff fun to work with

Cons

Poor management, lazy staff memebers, no hr department, head office clueless, Long hours and too much weekend work put on you.

good well payed job

working on industrial units cleaning windows .traditional an reach and wash systems used

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greig Avinou Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement