Grosvenor Casinos

Grosvenor Casinos Employee Reviews

A good company to work for with generally good staff and management. However, be prepared to spend a lot of time not doing your actual job. You will spend a lot of time doing other jobs and covering other members of staff then possibly not ever doing your actual job
Pros
Staff
Cons
Long hours, life balance, daily routine
Get targeted by managers and team leaders, treated like a number and the wages are rubbish, very anti social hours and painful job to do walking around a basically empty casino. Btw worked for the company over a year ago and still don’t like the place. Was an awful experience
Loved working here until I had a family tragedy and when I sent them the sick note they sent my sick note back with and told me I had been sacked because I didn't call in on one of the days I had off after my tragedy , bare in mind I was in shift when I got the tradgic news .
Pros
Cons
Long stressed hours
This company don’t take care of the staff, they think only about their profit. Unfortunately they don’t know an happy staff will improve their profit too
Over the years this company has changed for the worse. They take all they can for the staff and give nothing back. I worked with a lot of hard working people who never got recognition. You will have to be willing to learn and work in other departments and the way its going is you will have to learn every department if you want to keep your job. The guys who work there are great and easy to work with no issues from them. They let anyone in so you will be dealing with drunk and high customers which is challenging with no support. The company have extracted the fun from this job and I can never see it coming back, such a shame.
Pros
The guys who work there
Cons
Everything else
Really poor communication from the top worst company I've ever worked for with regard to this. The cut backs they have made to the staff have made it impossible to run the business properly.
It was a great job but The quick changes in policy and policy makers make it impossible to have progression and development. Colleagues are great and have lots of friends.
depending on working hours, the morning shift while not so busy with clientele, there is excessive cleaning. The afternoon shift serves the customers and the evening shift is the most difficult in terms of schedule and the shift that closes the bar!
I worked in Birmingham for Grosvenor for over 5 years and found the role excellent and rewarding with both staff and customers. The staff all work well as a team and the management team work hard to ensure both customers and staff are treated with respect and dignity.
Pros
varying hours to suit most people with a work / home life balance.
Cons
If you dont like working nights then not really the job for you.
Long hours, NO BENEFITS. 8 hour turn around shifts scheduled left right and center. No regard for staffs health - Physical or mental. Made to feel awful if you are sick, and punished by being left on the table for *sometimes 3 hours.
As a dealer it can be interesting to see 1.if you can improve your knowledge and 2. if it is the job for you. As an inspector and above you should already know what is expected of you. This is why they conduct an induction to identify any skills you may need.
From the first day at Grosvenor you are made to feel part of a team. It has been 20 years since I worked there and I loved everything about it. If you like to play games, have fun and work in an exciting environment with the potential to take your skill around the world, then this is the job for you.
i enjoyed my time there but my position was no longer available so i was made redundant but i would work for them again if possible i like the friendliness.
Les missions sont variées, et ne laisse jamais place à l'ennuie. Très bonne expérience, avec des clients venus des 4 coins du monde.
Friendly staff pleasant environment ,plenty of courses to improve one self within the buisness.A can do attitude within the fnb team helps just could do with an overall manager with a hospitality background and kitchen background would add to the overall performance of the team and drive sales foreward.
Where do I start...? The casino industry has dramatically changed over the years which has included the clientele. The job was seen as glamorous, something to feel proud of when anyone asked what you did for a living. Yes we understand that you need the footfall of customers entering through the doors but come on!!! You can’t allow every Tom ,dick and Harry to enter, that just doesn’t make sense. Grosvenor has been a company that prides itself in their business model and staff, but has dramatically changed due to current limitations and financial constraints from board members. The little people operating their model don’t count any longer, only bothered about cutting costs and making more money. We live now in a world that is very different and so require the same respect and work life balances as everyover person in other jobs. Grosvenor will not be able to withstand this for much longer, something has to give. Casino’s are a time of the past and will be all online in time. All look for a new career path whilst you can as you will he left on the wayside with no thanks from these cowboys....!!!!! Grosvenor..... You should be ashamed of yourselves. P.S.... I hope you go under and fast
Pros
Staff, most, of, them
Cons
Hours, Pay, Life/Work Balance, Hired Management that have never worked in Casino’s, Rota’s, Staff Shortage
I have been working at sos security part-time for more than 1 year Pros It gives great experience dealing with members of the public and you get to go to lots of interesting events. Cons Sometimes you have to interact with members of the public who are difficult to deal with and you may at times have to work in challenging weather conditions.
About 15 years ago this was a great place to work. Sadly new higher management took over and greed was the only objective. Best aspect of working there quite frankly was the staff and lower managers. The rest was awful
you were spoken like you didnt mean anything to them and they would always have someone ready to replace you when they didnt want you anymore, the bar staff were always rude and spoke about eachother like they didnt have feelings.
all staff are extremely welcoming and friendly.The task are all basic everyday which are easy to keep on top of and maintain a high standards. managers are very friendly
Fun place to work at, good training, good team, quite busy at the weekends, good salary. Fast-paced environment, good management and supervisors. Recommended.
  1. Employee reviews