Groundwork South

Groundwork South Reviews: Working at Groundwork South

United Kingdom13 reviews

Good staff

Good hearted company, trying to help disadvantaged people into work. Reed however seemed to used the company as an information gathering exercise, providing very little support

Interesting projects, anatomy and flexibly

Given lots of flexibility to manage my own time and grow projects. Team is really dedicated and knowledgeable and feel very supportive. Hardest part is that their is lots to learn. Most enjoyable is working on projects that make a real difference.

messy

poor infrastructure, no direction, treading water, savagely low pay but they'll keep piling on work, follow the money rather than the purpose of projects

Groundworksouth

My review Worked there for years as IT manager Unfortunately I was made redundant due to poor Management of the trust . This was due to leaderships mistakes taken by individuals not understanding good business strategy and basics . Trust went through a long period of loosing good Experienced professionals . Not a very rewarding company to work for in the end

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Poor management, no guidance no training

Management don't value or manage staff

I worked for Groundwork South for two years and received no management or training for my job. We were sent off to do our job with nothing more than a job description - the whole organisation seems clueless and disorganised. The only thing that seems to matter to them is saving money with people on multiple contracts so that no one job gets done right. The people I worked with were great and as supportive as they could be, but they didn't know any more than me. Systems don't work properly (we were locked out of the organisation's cloud-based servers on a very regular basis) and they are slow to pay expenses. The charity is set up to do some brilliant work - I really liked how they sold themselves, unfortunately they don't actually achieve what they set out to do. Valuing staff and providing some direction would be a good start to getting it on track.

Pros

Flexible work

Cons

No one has any idea what we are supposed to be doing

Nice place good people

Was a good place to do my training helped me out a lot gave me slot of experience in the job I do know and gave my the relevant training and support to advance in the sector

Pros

Lot of training available

Cons

Little bit non structured

Decent workplace

I work with community members in West Drayton on a daily basis, assisting them with a rang of issues such as job searching,cv making, interview techniques, benefit advice, help with social services. I also work with other organisations such as the council, the police force, and various schools in the borough.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

very stressful

Had to get the job done regardless.

Wasn't a great place to work. I didn't learn a lot whilst working there and the management side of the company wasn't organised and would have conflicting messages.

Pros

Was paid

Cons

Fast and rewarding place to work

Everyone was very welcoming and you get some great advantages for working. It is very rewarding due to the nature of the work. The management were fantastic and always there to listen.

Good charity, Bad management.

The work Groundwork do is varied and interesting but they are not the best employers. There is little job security and they lack management and constructive planning.

Pros

Positive and varied

Cons

No job security

awesome and relaxing work.

working at your own pace, gives you a sense of control in your work, boosting morale and willingness to push yourself. cold or shine, we work to keep our towns heritage.

Pros

work at your own pace

Cons

weather pending

Friendly working atmosphere

The job entails going around to peoples houses and offering energy and water saving advice, it is an independent working job. Colleagues and team leaders are friendly and there a couple of training courses available but the company do not like to put people on them very easily. Given the job is customer engagement based that is the best and worst part of the job depending how receptive and polite the customers are willing to be.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Late shift means often do not home till after 20:00

A great organisation with a great Ethos!

Throughout my career with Groundwork I have developed and delivered a wide range of community projects a diverse range of transferrable skills and undertaken a variety of training activities to aid me in my personal development. I joined Groundwork in 2002 after pursuing job advertisements in the area, looking for a new career. I wanted something that would pay the bills, but also something that was interesting, had scope for progression and which preferably allowed me to work with people and the environment. After following the Groundwork Trainee Project Manager training programme, and undertaking a broad range of training courses and work experience opportunities, I was promoted to Project Manager in 2005 and since went onto become Programme Manager in 2009. My high-lights to date have included working to establish the social enterprise, Purist Natural Beauty, development and delivery of the Olive Branch project; supporting young people at risk of exclusion or offending, and the delivery of a diverse range of projects aimed at regenerating community spaces. I have loved working for Groundwork and although at times has been stressful managing a diverse range of projects and working long hours to fit the needs of the projects/communities it has been great!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groundwork South. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement