Groupon

Groupon Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

Very busy day to day, learned how to manage stakeholders across lots of different area's of the business, very little red tape meaning that are lots of internal opportunities to grow

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

I left only because they went in consultation

Groupon was an amazing company to work for, they had some organization issue on a management level but if they would have gone into consultation I would still work for them.

Great culture, horrible senior leadership

The people are Groupon are amazing. People who have left Groupon regularly stay in touch, and it's a great environment for learning, having a great team, and strong direct management. However, senior leadership in the last 5 years was terrible (w/ CEO most recently getting fired) that led to little transparency, poor decision making, and a result loads of layoffs due to declining revenues.

fast paced environment. lack of focus from amangement

great diverse environment with many cultures and nationalities all bringing something different to the table. Teams working remotely. big focus on technology and automation

Fun Place to work

Was a great place to work for a while until it turned from a start up into a corporate company. I've learnt a lot at Groupon and I am grateful for the experience I have had here

Very competitive environment

Work at whole food gave me the chance to grow up, giving me new challanges everyday, but at the end of the day it was very stressful. Good salary and benefit.

Fast Paced, target driven

A fast paced environment, which is driven by targets. Admin heavy in comparison to traditional retail. What I liked about the role is that the colleagues are divers and come from all around Europe. My role meant I was able to travel to other countries and meet new people. I would not recommend my role as this role will no longer be available to apply for in 2021, as we are all being made redundant and Groupon is moving away from Goods.

No progression

Do not work here. A stressful place to work with terrible management and no progression. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home. The hardest part of the job is working with unsupportive management.

Very creative environment

A great work place where problem solving was initiated on a group level.. Hard sales targets, but a very rewarding job. I could work from home on selected days.

Poor Management

I found the management at Groupon very poor. A lot of blame culture with not much support. Sometimes staff felt bullied and there was a lot of negative energy in the office. This lead to Groupon loosing a lot of good talent which is a real shame as the company has so much potential.

Enjoyable work

There is always something to do which I enjoy. Expected to work hard but never overworked. Good officer perks such as free breakfasts once and week and drinks on a Friday. Able to work from home which is the biggest positive!

Not a great place to work for

Company is devided in 4 lines of business (goods, Local, National and Travel). It can be a very different picture between each department, each team and who is your manager. Unfortunately the company only listens to managers and staff have no input when it comes to feedback besides a stupid survey that gets sent once a month. No opportunity to grow, or move between departments as its all in your Line Manager hands to make your life hard if they want to. Or you could be lucky to work from the 1st day in the right team/department, then it could be a good place to be in. Very few managers are actually good and they care about their staff. Company should invest a lot more in a work culture, educate managers that they need to promote their staff and allow them to move to other departments freely so you don't lose out on Talent. Groupon Lacks in: Communication, resources, training, mentoring and proper feedback system EQUALLY between managers and staff.

Pros

Great employees all across

Cons

Management and limited opportunities

Strange Culture

Tough job but with resilience and consistency, you'll do well. Opportunity to learn a lot and develop personal skills. Management however is questionable and other employees can tend to be very childish.

Pros

free breakfast, coffee machine, breakout areas, sociable hours

Cons

management

Great learning environment

If you want to learn and experience running a fast-paced business and develop your own self-managed entrepreneurial skill base, then Groupon is the place for you.

A company under construction

The company is struggling to find it self when going from a startup to a corporate business, it will still take some time, but they are making progress. There are great opportunities to for advancement if you work hard.

An honest review

Every day is the same at Groupon. If you're from a traditional retail background, working here won't help you and you will find it hard to adjust. They say they want you to plan in advance like a normal retailer, but you will find yourself firefighting constantly to find deals to go live, often within the same week of finding them. Management don't really care about you or your progression, they just want to see numbers. The people however, are great.

Pros

location, commission structure

Cons

management, no set path for progression

Groupon

This was a very innovate and modern place to work. It's fast paced, fun and there is always something massive happening at Groupon. I would recommend working for the company.

Pros

Active Managers, lots of campaigns

Culture is a great

Lots of fun hard working people, my day to day varies but I like that it can. I have learned a great deal within digital marketing and have been able to work on lots of projects.

Great environment

Fantastic environment, positive and engaging. Young and vibrant, Great training, really look after staff and generous lunches.

Great Company to Work for.

Groupon is a great employer with fantastic benefits. Management and staff are great to work with. The training provided by Groupon is fantastic.

fun workplace, productive

fast working environment, great team working , can learn new sales system good benefits such as staff discount, ticket loan, flexible working time great convenience location unfortunately, no progress opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement