Groupon

Groupon Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Fun workplace

Very busy day to day, learned how to manage stakeholders across lots of different area's of the business, very little red tape meaning that are lots of internal opportunities to grow

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

I left only because they went in consultation

Groupon was an amazing company to work for, they had some organization issue on a management level but if they would have gone into consultation I would still work for them.

Great culture, horrible senior leadership

The people are Groupon are amazing. People who have left Groupon regularly stay in touch, and it's a great environment for learning, having a great team, and strong direct management. However, senior leadership in the last 5 years was terrible (w/ CEO most recently getting fired) that led to little transparency, poor decision making, and a result loads of layoffs due to declining revenues.

fast paced environment. lack of focus from amangement

great diverse environment with many cultures and nationalities all bringing something different to the table. Teams working remotely. big focus on technology and automation

Fun Place to work

Was a great place to work for a while until it turned from a start up into a corporate company. I've learnt a lot at Groupon and I am grateful for the experience I have had here

Very competitive environment

Work at whole food gave me the chance to grow up, giving me new challanges everyday, but at the end of the day it was very stressful. Good salary and benefit.

Poor Management

I found the management at Groupon very poor. A lot of blame culture with not much support. Sometimes staff felt bullied and there was a lot of negative energy in the office. This lead to Groupon loosing a lot of good talent which is a real shame as the company has so much potential.

A company under construction

The company is struggling to find it self when going from a startup to a corporate business, it will still take some time, but they are making progress. There are great opportunities to for advancement if you work hard.

fun workplace, productive

fast working environment, great team working , can learn new sales system good benefits such as staff discount, ticket loan, flexible working time great convenience location unfortunately, no progress opportunity

great place to work

Fun, Friendly, Work Hard-Play Hard. An innovative company. Great career progression and earning potential. Great place to work.

Pros

Cool friendly enviroment

Cons

Too much internal change

Fun work place, but not a place for a career

You have to be totally self motivated here. There is no team, mangers support, help from anyone,very little and poor communication. It's dog eat dog and it's either sink or swim. No formal structure or career advancement. There is a laid back nice working atmosphere but that is more down to the people that work here. Rules are constantly changed and never in the favor of the staff.

Pros

good people, let you get on with what you wnat to do

Cons

No progression, help and support, constant changing of rules poorly communicated

good working environment but not good buying dept

good company as general parts, but buying team is not very strong enough, couldn't really learn too much from the buying job here.

Account Manager

It is a great company, however, the role can get a bit repetitive. I would recommend Groupon to anyone looking to learn. They are very helpful and always want you to improve.

Pros

Company Culture

Cons

Average progression

new company teething problems

new company teething problems mundane workloads limited progression good people unprofessional

Pros

good people

Cons

unprofessional

Groupon Review

As a new starter business, Groupon has been constantly chaging and evolving. This has helped me to develop and improve new and existing skills and has given me the freedom to work on my own and with a team. Team has been great to work with and is always encouraging personal growth. I look forward to working with a diverse group of people.

Great fun place to work

Groupon has been a great place to work and given me a good grounding in many aspects of business.

Great people, but can be long hours

Great office location in the heart of the city, interesting, bright, ambitious and friendly people, lots of change but lots of training, too. Non hierarchical structure, open dialogue, hours can be long but there is a lot to learn and a lot to influence, so very rewarding.

Pros

The people

Cons

The pay / the hours depending on your dept

They treat people appallingly

In my experience, this company really doesnt care about its employees. No management to those working in the field, no answer when you try to contact head office for help, and you are totally disposable. When the job is going well, its great......when its not, youre out. Simple as that. No second chances, no offer of help, no anything. Its a constant battle with head office to get leniency in deal structure, and it seems to always be a case of 'one rule for one, one for another'. The training does not in any way prepare you for the role either. Its a very tough job made more difficult by the lack of help, and 5 days condensed training does not prepare you for it. I had no clue how to do a contract for ages, which is a very important part of the job! Did I mention you are disposable? You are not a valued team member. Even if you've brought in a whole lot of new clients!! The best part of the job was the colleagues.

Pros

good bonus structure, good basic wage

Cons

isolated, no job security, no career progression, constant unease, unfairness, favouritism, too little training, no help when its obvious you need it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement